butterbutt

could a co-op Scav Hunt mode exist?

butterbutt

**I'm not an active community member beyond playing the game, sorry if this is similar to posts that have already been brought up**

I like to do offline mode every now and then as a sort of "Scav Hunt" warm-up, and after playing a bunch of co-op on the new Insurgency game I couldn't help but think it would be really cool if Tarkov had a similar mode. It wouldn't have to be objective based like other games with "Terrorist Hunt" modes because Tarkov's gameplay and AI would fit perfectly in a separate co-op PVE system.

As for loot and rewards in this mode, rather than letting people build up powerful weapons and keys, their focus would be on getting as many Scav kills as possible. This way players could be rewarded with a decent amount of roubles per-kill instead (after successful extract of course). If a player dies, they wouldn't lose anything they entered with, but they'd lose most if not all of the cash they would've received had they extracted.

Or it could be entirely offline with no rewards! lol. Whatever works. I do think the idea has merit to it. Plus, if it ends up being successful, it could be built upon later over time. Maybe something like Scav bosses or optional tasks similar to quest objectives? Lots of possibilities!

Tr4wnet

Eft is pvp based. But even if they add some sort of a system like that, imo it would be unfair that a coop duo farming offline scavs or whatever, gets loaded up with gear while the rest of the players "fight hard" to get the same amount of loot by playing against other ppl.

TheWay

@butterbutt

Hello sir,

as Tr4wnet wrote, Escape From Tarkov is a online game and it is it's core.

We are planning to add a peer-to-peer mode where you will be able to invite your friends, but same as in today's offline mode there won't be any progression save.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Since the topic was answered, I am locking it.

#Locked