Jump to content

Cant install tarkov onto my SSD


V1nc3nt
 Share

Recommended Posts

figured it out (Drive letter):\BsgLauncher\(I made the ETF folder) then I just clicked install. It gave me the error again but where it said "folder path" said in my C drive, and now its installing into the place i wanted it....... broke ass launcher

EX: G:\BsgLauncher\ETF

2.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Madiakz said:

If you install the launcher on the SSD you should be able to install the game there also. I have my OS on C and my launcher and game on D. 

The launcher is on my SSD, but it gave me the error above. Now it's downloading and its freaking weird. It gave me the error about you cannot install here, and all i did was click install even tho it said it was gonna install it to the C drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Madiakz said:

If you install the launcher on the SSD you should be able to install the game there also. I have my OS on C and my launcher and game on D. 

I tried that multiple times. The game will still place either the Launcher or the game files in the drive of the OS. Only way to fix it is place your OS on the SSD. After I did that, the game ran much more smoothly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Razzoriel said:

I tried that multiple times. The game will still place either the Launcher or the game files in the drive of the OS. Only way to fix it is place your OS on the SSD. After I did that, the game ran much more smoothly.

Like I said, I don't have my OS on there but have EFT. I will check it in the morning to see what I did, but I think it was just changing the install path as the OP did. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Madiakz said:

Like I said, I don't have my OS on there but have EFT. I will check it in the morning to see what I did, but I think it was just changing the install path as the OP did. 

Your LAUNCHER will be in the correct drive. The GAME FILES will not. Or the other way around. Regardless, both need to be in the SSD, and when you forcefully cut-paste them there, the launcher won't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Razzoriel said:

Your LAUNCHER will be in the correct drive. The GAME FILES will not. Or the other way around. Regardless, both need to be in the SSD, and when you forcefully cut-paste them there, the launcher won't work.

As I said, my launcher and EFT are both on my D: drive with my OS on my C:eft.thumb.png.4fe9afca4b2d730f0d040caa1f1d548c.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Im having the same problem but i took out my hard drive so it can download to my ssd only but now when i click install it says The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really weird. I just did a fresh windows install along with a format of all my drives. I do this every 4-6mos. 

Downloaded the launcher from website and saved to my F Drive. 

Installed launcher to E drive. 

Installed game to D drive. 

Didn't have any issues with directories or drives. 

Now you could be having issues with installing of the game has your old directories in the registry still. If it's stored in the registry the game might cause issues there. So search your registry for anything related to the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Madiakz said:

As I said, my launcher and EFT are both on my 😧 drive with my OS on my 😄eft.thumb.png.4fe9afca4b2d730f0d040caa1f1d548c.png

Thank you for sharing this Screenshot, once I made the folder exactly how you posted, I was able to install on my external HDD, thank you! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DjKalid said:

Thank you for sharing this Screenshot, once I made the folder exactly how you posted, I was able to install on my external HDD, thank you! 

You're welcome man 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

on your ssd just make a new folder and name it (EFT) and when you install the game just go to your ssd and click the EFT folder it worked for me just fine, also my os and game are not on the same drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, Madiakz said:

As I said, my launcher and EFT are both on my 😧 drive with my OS on my 😄eft.thumb.png.4fe9afca4b2d730f0d040caa1f1d548c.png

yep this one did it.  They must have it so it doesn't automatically create the EFT directory when installing.  you have to create an EFT directory and pick that.  shouldn't matter which drive its on as long as its the same as the launcher.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've tried everything on here and it doesn't work. It's really annoying. Should just be pick location and install files. Why is it so freaking difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Jacinco:

I've tried everything on here and it doesn't work. It's really annoying. Should just be pick location and install files. Why is it so freaking difficult.

cause computers are not consoles:

my pc is (most likely) set up in an completly different way than yours. my ps4 is completly the same as everyone elses ps4. it makes a big difrence programming for pc and programing for console os but i agree it shouldnt be THAT hard.

is you ssd usb or plugged into your pc?  do you run you client with rightclick run as admin? (windows has some strange restriction when it comes to installing stuff sometimes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...