V1nc3nt

Cant install tarkov onto my SSD

V1nc3nt

I uninstalled Tarkov to switch it to my SSD, and now I cannot install it. It will only install onto my C drive. before it was on my D drive.

Capture.PNG

Razzoriel

You will have to install your OS into your SDD. Only way it worked for me. 

V1nc3nt

figured it out (Drive letter):\BsgLauncher\(I made the ETF folder) then I just clicked install. It gave me the error again but where it said "folder path" said in my C drive, and now its installing into the place i wanted it....... broke ass launcher

EX: G:\BsgLauncher\ETF

2.PNG

Madiakz

If you install the launcher on the SSD you should be able to install the game there also. I have my OS on C and my launcher and game on D. 

• Upvote 1

V1nc3nt
3 minutes ago, Madiakz said:

If you install the launcher on the SSD you should be able to install the game there also. I have my OS on C and my launcher and game on D. 

The launcher is on my SSD, but it gave me the error above. Now it's downloading and its freaking weird. It gave me the error about you cannot install here, and all i did was click install even tho it said it was gonna install it to the C drive.

Madiakz

As long as you have it sorted, that's the main thing :begreat:

• Upvote 1

Razzoriel
1 hour ago, Madiakz said:

I tried that multiple times. The game will still place either the Launcher or the game files in the drive of the OS. Only way to fix it is place your OS on the SSD. After I did that, the game ran much more smoothly.

Madiakz
31 minutes ago, Razzoriel said:

I tried that multiple times. The game will still place either the Launcher or the game files in the drive of the OS. Only way to fix it is place your OS on the SSD. After I did that, the game ran much more smoothly.

Like I said, I don't have my OS on there but have EFT. I will check it in the morning to see what I did, but I think it was just changing the install path as the OP did. 

• Upvote 1

Razzoriel
16 hours ago, Madiakz said:

Like I said, I don't have my OS on there but have EFT. I will check it in the morning to see what I did, but I think it was just changing the install path as the OP did. 

Your LAUNCHER will be in the correct drive. The GAME FILES will not. Or the other way around. Regardless, both need to be in the SSD, and when you forcefully cut-paste them there, the launcher won't work.

Madiakz
1 hour ago, Razzoriel said:

Your LAUNCHER will be in the correct drive. The GAME FILES will not. Or the other way around. Regardless, both need to be in the SSD, and when you forcefully cut-paste them there, the launcher won't work.

As I said, my launcher and EFT are both on my D: drive with my OS on my C:eft.thumb.png.4fe9afca4b2d730f0d040caa1f1d548c.png

• Upvote 1

HOFFF

I couldn't set the folder to program files, but I made a tarkov folder in C:\users\<account name> and it worked

AdonisTheTARKOV

Im having the same problem but i took out my hard drive so it can download to my ssd only but now when i click install it says The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another

Avohei

Really weird. I just did a fresh windows install along with a format of all my drives. I do this every 4-6mos. 

Downloaded the launcher from website and saved to my F Drive. 

Installed launcher to E drive. 

Installed game to D drive. 

Didn't have any issues with directories or drives. 

Now you could be having issues with installing of the game has your old directories in the registry still. If it's stored in the registry the game might cause issues there. So search your registry for anything related to the game.