Jump to content
CRIMS0NS0L

Tired of the cheaters...

Recommended Posts

CRIMS0NS0L

Beyond other bugs I keep running into that have been making the game more frustrating than fun... I've about had it with trying to gamble on getting a game where some isn't cheating so I can enjoy my time. I've played 4 rounds tonight and 2 of them I've had someone just walk up to the area I'm in and turn the corner and shoot me in the head. I get it if it's a place where a pro would think to look... that makes sense. But these are just Scav players casually walking around and both times I tired picking very random areas where you would think to look. 

Plus if you go out to Google you can pick up the hacks easy as can be. I even had this video below show up when I searched to see how easy it is for hackers to cheat at this game.

I've only been back playing the game for about two weeks now... so is this pretty common now? Or did the cheating just start getting bad lately?

But I also feel like there should be some sort of balancing with what players end up in games together as well. I have one friend who's new to the game and my other buddy and myself aren't great by any means. But I can't even catch a break when the game is glitching out to get better. Some games I spawn in and we literally get shot in the head before we can move. Other games we'll just start getting into it and get swarmed by a fully geared squad. 

I understand that this game is supposed to be hard. But come on... there has to be a learning curve somewhere for new players if you want to keep people playing this. Not to mention for being a realistic shooter it's not always the most realistic. Like I got swarmed by guys with knives yesterday when I had a shotgun. When they got in close I couldn't use my gun to shoot... ok, that's fair... but what about weapon basing them? Why is that not a thing? In real life I defiantly wouldn't just stand around and let them stab me with no resistance.

Well that's enough of my frustrated rant about this game... I have more issues, but I'm sure plenty of fan boys will already be quick to bite my head off for this.

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm

i like you. way to speak up. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CRIMS0NS0L

On a side note I now have the highlights feature all setup and working better for the game and have been watching all my failed raids tonight as I've been trying to have at least one victory. It's very apparent now that the biggest issue issues with losing fire fights isn't that I'm not a good shot. It's that the hit boxes and the ammo's are off from what I can tell.

I hate to say it as I'm trying really hard tonight to find a reason to keep playing this game... but I'm not finding that reason. It's just so frustrating when I'm not a terrible player and I still can't get a good run now and then. But the last game I just played I shot a guy with a shotgun 3 times. First shot was 100% a head shot and he had no helmet, the next two were in his right arm. But I died and he lived. I just don't get it...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalino

Okay so, this is another new player post calling out cheater when you are struggling on your starting stages as I have already answered here:

And to address your points:

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

I get it if it's a place where a pro would think to look... that makes sense. But these are just Scav players casually walking around and both times I tired picking very random areas where you would think to look

This gave you out a lot on the being new to EFT part. Since when are SCAV players not pro players? All players regardless of their skill in EFT play as a SCAV. SCAV playing is a feature in EFT. Not just for new or former players. Players are also very accustomed to the map in a way that they check specific corners and follow the sound to get you. You need to have played for a long time to know this and avoid mistakes that could get you killed. 

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

Plus if you go out to Google you can pick up the hacks easy as can be. I even had this video below show up when I searched to see how easy it is for hackers to cheat at this game.

 

Nothing new to any online game. How about trying to google any other online game? I can bet you that you will easily find a cheat for it. That is how online games work. That is the sad truth. I have also answered it on my other thread saying:

Quote

Then you can clearly understand how online games work. No online game is cheat free and nothing different with EFT. What matters is how it is handled. If you have closely followed EFT properly, you should know that cheaters are actively banned. I am also not sure how you are very sure of players who cheat and who do not. Just because you died in some way does not mean they are cheating. I can see you are new to the game. This says a lot about your perception on that.

Regardless, cheaters are handled actively and we have a well functioning anti-cheat. Anti-cheat does not work like anti-virus. It does not prevent cheating. The player has to cheat first to later be banned.

Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

But I also feel like there should be some sort of balancing with what players end up in games together as well. I have one friend who's new to the game and my other buddy and myself aren't great by any means. But I can't even catch a break when the game is glitching out to get better. Some games I spawn in and we literally get shot in the head before we can move. Other games we'll just start getting into it and get swarmed by a fully geared squad. 

 

Oh, you will die even more. That is how EFT works. It is not easy. That does not make the game broken though. It will just take you more time and the understanding that you will die more often that you survive. That holds true for the majority of the players and very few will have it the other way around. And all that comes in time only.

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

I understand that this game is supposed to be hard. But come on... there has to be a learning curve somewhere for new players if you want to keep people playing this. Not to mention for being a realistic shooter it's not always the most realistic.

Yes, there is a learning curve. And that is what you are going through right now. As for realism, it is still a game after all and even more so a beta game. As such, not all features are available just yet. That includes melee features, takedowns, etc. 

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

In real life I defiantly wouldn't just stand around and let them stab me with no resistance.

But this is keyboard and mice. Not real life. There are balancing and also again, not fully features are implemented yet. 

1 hour ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

I have more issues, but I'm sure plenty of fan boys will already be quick to bite my head off for this.

You are calling trouble by stating that. The responses you get would be much more positive if you leave such parts out and be more civil towards others opinion and they would do the same for you. If you state your opinion and without even looking at the outcomes just shut down others by calling them fanboys, then do not expect anything more positive from others. Just an advice from my experience around communities and forums. 

 

All in all, your frustration is not new. You are just new to the game and it will take time till you go out of that stage of constant death and rage. However, you must understand that death in EFT is common and it will happen again and again. You just need to adapt to this game environment that EFT offers because not many other games do the same. The feeling is different I understand. I am also not shutting down your points. EFT is not complete and there are issues here and there. Hence why we are in a closed beta testing stage with continuous improvement to the game. Nevertheless, it also is not a cheaters hub as you painted it here and I hope some of my statements above will allow you to see it otherwise.

Thank you!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POWERAGE73

There will always be hackers, that is why normally companies invest in half decent cheat detection software unlike this one.

However what is the point of a cheat engine when the devs are openly supporting cheaters? I refer to my recent communication with support regarding the flea market. Generally if me or my team mates are killed on a raid we try to grab their gear, at first we traded it in a backpack on the flea market for a bandage or something cheap. The devs have stopped this as you can no longer trade anything that contains items. EXCEPT a Money Case.

So you have web sites such as playerauctions, G2G etc all selling in game currency for real life money and advertising its trade/delivery through the flea market. So it works like this, you pay X amount of real money for your desired in game currency and you are asked to put painkillers or something cheap on the flea market for???? you got it a Money Case which just so happens to contain the in game currency you have purchased.

I have provided all the details of this and the devs response was "The flea market is work in progress" my big question/suspicion is why stop the trade of everything containing items apart from a money case knowing that this allows the trade of purchased currency which is clearly cheating and supported by a devs decision.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superbenke
1 hour ago, POWERAGE73 said:

However what is the point of a cheat engine when the devs are openly supporting cheaters? I refer to my recent communication with support regarding the flea market.

Shouldn't this has it's own thread, it doesn't have much to do with the post the OP made.

You're basing you theory that the Devs support trading by allowing money in money cases.
Even if that wouldn't be allowed the trading sites wouldn't shutdown.

I would like to hear how you are supposed to stop a trading site.
The site only handle the money transaction, be switch of goods is made between the players in game, so the only way to even find suspects are to look for unusual trades, but there will be no proof that these was made via a trading site.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaggyPMC

There was just a new release but i am confident that eventually most cheaters will be banned again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magnius
2 minutes ago, MaggyPMC said:

There was just a new release but i am confident that eventually most cheaters will be banned again.

Thanks for the info. I'll be taking a break for a bit then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magnius
5 hours ago, Natalino said:

Nevertheless, it also is not a cheaters hub as you painted it here and I hope some of my statements above will allow you to see it otherwise.

Natalino, while you say it isn't a cheaters hub there ARE cheaters, TOO many of them. I was just killed today by someone I can guarantee had ESP. I was chillin in my favorite hiding spot in shoreline waiting for some sucker to come along, and had been there waiting for about 10 minutes with my mouse clicked on my other screen. I hadn't moved a muscle, no way the guy could have picked up on my sound since I had not MADE any. And yes I was wearing Sordins. 

I hear him walking up, enter the building crouch walking, then throw a nade next to the room I was in. It missed me. I was thinking MAYBE he was being extra cautious. But then like he KNEW he missed me he throws another, this time into the room I was in. 

While the OP is fairly new, I have been playing EFT for a good amount of time. I've been through that learning curve. I know when I mess up or if someone simply outplays me. This death wasn't that. You couldn't have set up a test for an ESPer any better. 

And you know what pisses me off, the guy was a EOD player. I got a nice screen shot of his name and I will be looking for it in the banned threads. I would bet real money this guy has been at it for a good long time and despite that his name will not make any of the future banned waves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaconSniper

I have been playing since alpha and I can tell you that it has improved a lot, I have had to run factory the last couple days and have done 20+ runs. Have not seen a single cheater. And this is the map they love cause it is small and they can do very fast runs. ( I think Labs may be another they like). I too get frustrated when it gets bad, but it always clears up and they are getting better and  faster at getting them out. Remember it's just stuff and you can always get more stuff. Try playing some bigger maps and surviving longer, learn the camp spots and sniper spots and learn to counter them. Many times someone is waiting for you and they just have better map awareness, 1 tapped cause you walked right into their trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POWERAGE73

@superbenke Not sure of the confusion but like any cheat detection programme it is an on going battle, but if players report the activity of trading money cases with this purchased currency then why not act. Especially when everything else has been stopped (backpacks, rigs etc). I do not see the logic in leaving one item (Money Case) off the list. To clarify I am not proposing shutting down any web sites nor do I care but BSG have a responsibility to deal with this activity as it is cheating.

Of cause people will just meet up on woods and chuck it on the floor but it makes thinks more difficult than a quick deal on the flea market. Not sure what the argument is tbh unless your a customer of these people but if you expect me to believe someone can offer unlimited stock of 30 million roubles in money cases legit then I will pay to find out the secret to their loot tactics. Something is a miss here because no decent, competent dev would let this carry on unless there is a reason for it???

On another note the flea market is game breaking, way to easy to just buy your way through tasks but we all do it, the one thing that really annoys me is stock of items, few days back i tried to buy a DTK comp and but could not find it, players on the flea market had over 500 - 900 in stock 3 times the price. TBH Discord trading had more of a community feel and tbf I made some good friends trading stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamm
2 hours ago, BaconSniper said:

I have been playing since alpha and I can tell you that it has improved a lot, I have had to run factory the last couple days and have done 20+ runs. Have not seen a single cheater. And this is the map they love cause it is small and they can do very fast runs. ( I think Labs may be another they like). I too get frustrated when it gets bad, but it always clears up and they are getting better and  faster at getting them out. Remember it's just stuff and you can always get more stuff. Try playing some bigger maps and surviving longer, learn the camp spots and sniper spots and learn to counter them. Many times someone is waiting for you and they just have better map awareness, 1 tapped cause you walked right into their trap.

i know someone who cheats, they say there is a cheater in every raid, they just gotten good at hiding it most likely. youd be surprised how many people cheat and know how to get away with it / not be blatant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superbenke
12 minutes ago, POWERAGE73 said:

Something is a miss here because no decent, competent dev would let this carry on unless there is a reason for it

So you're telling me that every game that site sell items for are run by devs who doesn't care or are incompentent?

At least some of them would ban a player for buying/selling in-game items, but the problem is proving it was done.
Money cases don't have anything to do with it as just can just buy 10M rubels without a money case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaconSniper

@POWERAGE73 It is better they let people abuse the system now , then they know what to fix. I really don't think they see this as their vision of a final product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeRowland

Just got killed by a cheater. At least I'd say so.

 

No names, just the clip. I was in this bush the game had just started 4-5 mins earlier, I instantly ran for lumberyard to get the scav kills. I had not fired a shot in Lumberyard. I had been sat here for a good 2 minutes.

 

Then this happens.

 

As you can hear, the shots seem to come from suicide/snipers rock.

 

The only issue is, you cannot see my position via line of sight from there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeRowland

Guy wasn't cheating, sound was a little messed up sounded like he was shooting me from behind, he was actually in front of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArchMadman

it is getting out of control, 3 straight rounds today, 2 times from teleporting  players and another that can see you thru walls

game is just unplayable right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BanditMaka
19 hours ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

Beyond other bugs I keep running into that have been making the game more frustrating than fun... I've about had it with trying to gamble on getting a game where some isn't cheating so I can enjoy my time. I've played 4 rounds tonight and 2 of them I've had someone just walk up to the area I'm in and turn the corner and shoot me in the head. I get it if it's a place where a pro would think to look... that makes sense. But these are just Scav players casually walking around and both times I tired picking very random areas where you would think to look. 

Plus if you go out to Google you can pick up the hacks easy as can be. I even had this video below show up when I searched to see how easy it is for hackers to cheat at this game.

I've only been back playing the game for about two weeks now... so is this pretty common now? Or did the cheating just start getting bad lately?

But I also feel like there should be some sort of balancing with what players end up in games together as well. I have one friend who's new to the game and my other buddy and myself aren't great by any means. But I can't even catch a break when the game is glitching out to get better. Some games I spawn in and we literally get shot in the head before we can move. Other games we'll just start getting into it and get swarmed by a fully geared squad. 

I understand that this game is supposed to be hard. But come on... there has to be a learning curve somewhere for new players if you want to keep people playing this. Not to mention for being a realistic shooter it's not always the most realistic. Like I got swarmed by guys with knives yesterday when I had a shotgun. When they got in close I couldn't use my gun to shoot... ok, that's fair... but what about weapon basing them? Why is that not a thing? In real life I defiantly wouldn't just stand around and let them stab me with no resistance.

Well that's enough of my frustrated rant about this game... I have more issues, but I'm sure plenty of fan boys will already be quick to bite my head off for this.

 

Cheating has been a particular problem, for as long a I've played. It gets down played by most, devs, fanboys, a few streamers. But in general it's unanimously appreciated to be a core.

It's the only thing that has me taking periodic breaks. Because I just can't find competitive games fun, when they are broken and people are cheating.

BSG are working on their own anti-cheat, and anti cheat is hard.

The team at Battleye are dedicated, clever, experienced, and they still struggle. BSG are choosing to do it themselves so issues are to be expected.

On top of that the free key give away just compounds the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaconSniper

@JoeRowland Sometimes from a distance players will render before the bush, this is actually quite common in shooters. Does it suck? yea , is it a cheater?? I would say probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CALL_ME_SNAKE

@CRIMS0NS0LOCE servers have at peak time 320 players across 9 servers. even if there are only 30 cheaters that is 30% of the player base (and there is definitely more than 30 cheaters in OCE servers excluding the vpn hoppers).

It basically means that there is at least 1 cheater per match ON AVERAGE.

So yes hackers are bigger and more noticeable since there is no anti cheat just a cheat detection program that scans your pc and reports it to the devs for a manual ban.

Also 5-6 thousand players at peak times across the world. and a hell of a lot of cheaters that sell in game items on their website so I myself along with most Aussie players have quit or are waiting.

Also after the Eroktic incident the game has received a tonne of negative coverage, so not many new paying players other than cheaters buying new accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razzoriel

It's amazing how after this update the enemy players are able to throw grenades at places like scavs and find you in places where absolutely no one goes unless they have previous knowledge you're there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeRowland
3 hours ago, BaconSniper said:

@JoeRowland Sometimes from a distance players will render before the bush, this is actually quite common in shooters. Does it suck? yea , is it a cheater?? I would say probably not.

Yeah I know I spoke to the guy afterwards. I messaged him and he was nice enough to actually explain. I explained that I was confused about where I got shot from.

 

He was at the top of the lumberyard. You know this big rock everyone climbs on?

 

The shots sounded like they came from behind me because of bullet crack. Leading me to believe he had no line of sight.

 

It's the reason when I put these videos on, I never show the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeRowland
2 hours ago, CALL_ME_SNAKE said:

@CRIMS0NS0LOCE servers have at peak time 320 players across 9 servers. even if there are only 30 cheaters that is 30% of the player base (and there is definitely more than 30 cheaters in OCE servers excluding the vpn hoppers).

It basically means that there is at least 1 cheater per match ON AVERAGE.

So yes hackers are bigger and more noticeable since there is no anti cheat just a cheat detection program that scans your pc and reports it to the devs for a manual ban.

Also 5-6 thousand players at peak times across the world. and a hell of a lot of cheaters that sell in game items on their website so I myself along with most Aussie players have quit or are waiting.

Also after the Eroktic incident the game has received a tonne of negative coverage, so not many new paying players other than cheaters buying new accounts.

Yeah I think the devs dropped the ball with Eroktic. The guy is extreme, but he always is about EVERYTHING. He clearly cares for and likes the game, he wants it to do well. 

If you won't take negative input, then you will never improve.

P.S you sound like me describing the amount of hackers I have played against in CSGO. 4500 players met, 600+ vac bans after playing. That's a lot of cheaters, and I guess they didn't all get caught.

 

let's do this.

 

13% of people I met in CSGO have gotten VAC banned after playing me.

 

Now some people will think, oh 13% that's not bad. But it's 13% of players NOT matches. Which means there's on average 1 cheater per 10 players. Which mean 1 cheater per game.

 

Of course some games have 2-3 cheaters and some 0 but my point is, with it being 13% of the players cheating, that means a very high chance of a cheater every game. This is CSGO and it's known for it though.

 

Valve set an industry standard for poo anti cheat. Please devs look at Blizzard and how they do it.

Edited by JoeRowland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeRowland

Just ran into fly hacker, he didn't even shoot at me. I killed one of his flying friends... his name even included hax0r... i just feel like I am going crazy. People teleporting through mid air, so fast if u blink u really do miss it. I thought I was seeing things until I slowed down the footage. I thought fly hacking was super ez to detect? Well here's to hoping for hardware bans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaconSniper

It is starting to get real BAD yet again :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2