Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Mossy

Stomach Shots

Please make it so getting shot in the stomach has a higher chance of instantly dying than other parts. I cannot tell you how many times that I (and probably a lot of other people) have seemingly sunk 4-5 Mosin shots into their chest-stomach area only for them to somehow survive. Somebody I just shot at survived a total of 4 shots (no armor and blood splatters on the walls) because I was hitting his stomach and not his chest. 

Stomach shots don't outright kill you like a heart shot would IRL and I assume thats why the devs chose not to make it so in game. 

Nothing in there is needed to live in the extreme short term ( like a single gunfight), now what would be neat is if losing your guts makes you bleed ALOT because there are quite a few organs down there that require a ton of blood flow which ,when punctured, would having you dropping pretty damn fast. 

4 minutes ago, DragunovCrux said:

Yeah, stomach shots won't kill you right away.  There aren't any organs that, when ceasing to function, will kill someone instantly (eg. heart and brain).

yeah - but it's the most painful getting shot in the stomach. Hope devs down the line will implement multiple stages of pain. 

Of course - if you shoot someone with high caliber it;) might hit the spine. 

Edited by sYs

True, they havent really done something along the line of becoming a paraplegic.... although gameplay effects could be morbidly hilarious - Can't fix it, so you're stuck in prone movement all around lol

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 7:48 AM, sYs said:

yeah - but it's the most painful getting shot in the stomach. Hope devs down the line will implement multiple stages of pain. 

Of course - if you shoot someone with high caliber it;) might hit the spine. 

Well there is the consequence of pain and hydration when your stomach is shot out. It spreads damage around the body the exact same as legs and arms. 

That basically makes you have a head on your stomach. Meaning, you get one tapped in the head now and imagine that being that massive target of the stomach. Doesn't really work for a VIDEO GAME balancing. 

I fell the system is fine as it is, to much realism will decrease fun. In reality, nearly every centermass hit will lead to severe consequences without any possibility to escape the situation and survive. Does not sound funny to me.

There might not be super duper vital organs but the stomach has so many organs that bleed alot  liver,spleen and think about the abdominal aorta, if that thing is hit.. not more then 2 minutes and youre done and there is kinda like 0% chance of surviving that unless imidiate surgery and I do not believe we have docs all over tarkov 24/7 etc.. but ok.. There was a time where black stomachs would kill you super fast due to the hydration. Kids cried about it.. why should they take drinks in....... If you were got a blacked stomach in the first few minutes at a customs raid and you had no drink you would not make it across. nowadays it is a bit more ok, still preasures you to run fast out of the raid but its more playable. Do not forget playability in a GAME please guys. Do not make it a Dr.Bibber game. High bleeding by blacked out stomach ok, like 2-4 bleeding points maybe would be heavy impact and will slow you down to patch it up but damn no insta death or what not. 

instant death is overkill. Sometimes it feels like people have an iron gut and can take more bullets to the stomach than they can taco bell bean burritos though. irl yeah you would probably keel over in pain, blood everywhere, you'd probably be dead in minutes from 7.62x54r. In game that probably wouldn't be fun but maybe they could add some extra penalties. Dehydration doesn't matter much in a ten second fire fight.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:37 AM, Promessa said:

instant death is overkill. Sometimes it feels like people have an iron gut and can take more bullets to the stomach than they can taco bell bean burritos though. irl yeah you would probably keel over in pain, blood everywhere, you'd probably be dead in minutes from 7.62x54r. In game that probably wouldn't be fun but maybe they could add some extra penalties. Dehydration doesn't matter much in a ten second fire fight.

The dehydration effect is completely unecessary and I hate it, as if there is any chance I could become dehydrated to point of death in an hour, or drinking water will keep me from bleeding to death. My problem is with scavs spawning on top of me and shooting me in the stomach, same with from the back. It is entirely unrealistic to clear an area and someone materializes behind me and shoots out my legs and stomach when I am armored.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, DragunovCrux said:

Yeah, stomach shots won't kill you right away.  There aren't any organs that, when ceasing to function, will kill someone instantly (eg. heart and brain).

have you heard about abdominal aorta ? you will die in seconds if its damaged -bullet wound, shrapnel or just temporary cavitation from projectil ... i think they should at least incerase bleeding from stomach area if anything ...maybe from thigs as well ,like blood loss modifier 

435 health total

15 blood loss per sec  stomach

10 thigs

5 arms

6 hours ago, TatkaMedved said:

have you heard about abdominal aorta ? you will die in seconds if its damaged -bullet wound, shrapnel or just temporary cavitation from projectil ... i think they should at least incerase bleeding from stomach area if anything ...maybe from thigs as well ,like blood loss modifier 

435 health total

15 blood loss per sec  stomach

10 thigs

5 arms

Yes, the abdominal aorta is anterior to the spine.  Although, it would have to be a critical shot, slight left of mid-line of the body. If that is hit, a human being can possible lose consciousness in 10 to 15 seconds, go into to hypovolemic shock, and die within 90 seconds on average. But, that would have to be a a catastrophic laceration, or complete transection.  It's the amount of blood that can go into the abdominal cavity, about 5L+, and depending on the person die if they lose too much blood. Blood not in your vessels specifically. The human body will try to protect itself by shunting more blood to the core. However, individuals have lived longer if they are more fit, can stay conscious for longer, and live for a few minutes based on their physical fitness, adrenaline and sheer will to live.

That being said, most abdominal wounds are treated surgically, as you cannot compress or bandage an internal wound like such.

In the end, it's not an instant kill. A guaranteed without surgery, but not instant.

Edited by DragunovCrux

12 hours ago, DragunovCrux said:

Yes, the abdominal aorta is anterior to the spine.  Although, it would have to be a critical shot, slight left of mid-line of the body. If that is hit, a human being can possible lose consciousness in 10 to 15 seconds, go into to hypovolemic shock, and die within 90 seconds on average. But, that would have to be a a catastrophic laceration, or complete transection.  It's the amount of blood that can go into the abdominal cavity, about 5L+, and depending on the person die if they lose too much blood. Blood not in your vessels specifically. The human body will try to protect itself by shunting more blood to the core. However, individuals have lived longer if they are more fit, can stay conscious for longer, and live for a few minutes based on their physical fitness, adrenaline and sheer will to live.

That being said, most abdominal wounds are treated surgically, as you cannot compress or bandage an internal wound like such.

In the end, it's not an instant kill. A guaranteed without surgery, but not instant.

Irl it depends on "luck" on cls course we ve been shown video guy was shot in to thigh instantly droped to ground starts moaning in less than 10 sec he lost  consciousness  after another  5 sec he gained it back catched his leg  after 5 or more sec lost it again for good ... of course they are oposite cases guy lost both his legs when tram ran him over all persons around were in shock so they did not helped him  to stop bleeding - even thou it was not severe bleeding at the beginning - veins have tendece to shrink if separated  but i guess you know that he calmly waited there till ambulance arrived in 5 minutes ...

you can use abdominal tourniquet in harsh conditions ...not that you can apply it to your self  or you would be able to move after someone put it on you ...

and shuting blood to the core...the thing is your blood presure will go dramaticly down if you have blood loss body will try to compensate it by higher heart rate and if you have hole in you  it will end by consistent blood  loss 

i did not say it should be instant kill it should be more dangerous so you have to quickly treat your self instead of poping out and solving contact first then treat your wounds