Tike_Myson1786

Help: User Action Required (Unable to Load File) [Client.0.11.1.2474.zip]

Tike_Myson1786

Upon the purchase of EFT the launcher downloads just fine, but after that I cannot install the actual game. After pressing install and directing the location to the same folder "Battlestate Games" which contains the folders "Bglauncher" and "EFT" the latter (EFT) being an empty folder. I have tried to direct the installation into the folder "EFT" and also into the regular "Battlestate Games" folder to no avail. I have disabled all anti virus and protection programs including my firewall while also whitelisting the launcher and folders. I have attempted to download the ".zip" directly from Chrome, but it gives the prompt "Failed - File Incomplete" after about an hour of download time. I have browsed all forums regarding this issue and have found no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher and all relative files (even hidden files) from every account on the computer. I have run the launcher as an admin and I have granted full access to all accounts on the computer. It seems like there is nothing left to try. I will not purchase a VPN, which was suggested by another forum. (Images related)

I left the game alone for about 5 hours last night to do whatever and that didn't work either. Also, do I need to get 7zip in order to download the direct ".zip" file? >http://cdn-11.eft-store.com/ClientDistribs/0.11.1.2474_84b186aa-4df8-4f9d-9cd1-435f43d61e64/Client.0.11.1.2474.zip

!!IF THERE IS ANY OTHER MEDIA YOU NEED TO SEE, PLEASE MENTION!!

As of 8:34 a.m (CST) I have sent in a support request, but I am quite new to everything going on here and I don't know how long it will take. It says "several days" in the support info screen, but I want to try the Forum as well. Please help with this issue, and I really think I have tried everything.

asd.JPG

asdasd.JPG

asdehg.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Tike_Myson1786
  • Like 1

misenpai

Having the exact same problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Iceman98

have same problem

and no help from suport :(

Edited by Iceman98
  • Like 1

Tike_Myson1786
11 hours ago, misenpai said:

8 hours ago, Iceman98 said:

have same problem

and no help from suport :(

Comrades I have found the answers! Please read WHOLE response! Keep in mind this works if you are at the point where it gives you the "User Action Required" prompt.

So, I was staring to wonder if I had wasted 50 dollars, or if the support would ever get back to me. However, I spent the last 13 hours basically rebuilding the game. Let me explain how, and I PROMISE this thread will help so many more people!

Things you will need:

1. 1 large (100gb) external hard drive or 2 small (16gb) flash drives BOTH EMPTY
  2. 2 computer systems (borrow your Mother's laptop or something)
  3. The link I posted above
  4. A lot of patients

Secondary Computer:

• First, connect the drive to the 2nd PC. This computer will be the one you are NOT going to play the game on.
  • After that is complete, download the link I posted above on that same computer.
  • If you are using the 2 small drives, once the download is complete, Extract the file into another folder. Label that folder anything you want.
  • If you are using one large drive you can try to move the whole file or you can extract it, your choice.
  • Once the file has been extracted move the whole contents in parts to make sure everything will fit.
  •  in the drive.
  • Then, after the drive has all of the file information (or most of it, excluding the original ".zip" This is where the second drive comes in handy to take the rest of the information, while technically you can use the same one it just takes longer) disconnect the drive from the secondary computer and insert it into the primary computer.

Primary Computer

• When the drive has been inserted into the primary computer create a new folder on the desktop and label it anything you want.
  • Put all of the contents of the drive into the created desktop folder.
  • Open your file explorer and locate the destination of the installed launcher, for me it was "Local Disk>Battlestate Games"
  • Open the "EFT"  file and place all of the desktop folder's contents into the "EFT" folder
  • Create a folder inside the "EFT" folder titled: "Client.0.11.1.2474.zip" and put all of the recently moved contents into that folder and copy it.
  • Once copied, compress one of the two folders into a ".zip" or ".rar" for future keeping. 
  • The one not copied needs to have all of its contents brought back out into JUST the "EFT" folder. Leave it empty or you can copy it again.

Final Steps:

• Go to the launcher and find the line above the installation button that reads: "set path to existing game installation" Once found, press that button and locate the "EFT" folder. For me: "Local Disk>Battlestate Games>EFT"
  • After that the game should get checked and eventually need to be repaired. Repair it and play! 

Any questions or missed steps? POST DOWN THE THREAD!

Thanks! - Tike

• Hot 1

Iceman98

is that your serious that I have to do all this for the game!  I just want my money back!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tike_Myson1786

Support:

Hello Tike_Myson1786!
Try it through the torrent:
http://cdn-11.eft-store.com/ClientDistribs/0.11.1.2474_84b186aa-4df8-4f9d-9cd1-435f43d61e64/Client.0.11.1.2474.torrent

23 hours ago, Iceman98 said:

is that your serious that I have to do all this for the game!  I just want my money back!!!!!

Support:

Hello Tike_Myson1786!
Try it through the torrent:
http://cdn-11.eft-store.com/ClientDistribs/0.11.1.2474_84b186aa-4df8-4f9d-9cd1-435f43d61e64/Client.0.11.1.2474.torrent

Iceman98
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tike_Myson1786:

is it working?

KaddyLaddy
Posted (edited)

Holy god finally found people with the same problem and no help from support whatsoever. Quite frankly it's bullshit and literally just like burning fifty dollars. Thanks battlestate games......

Edited by KaddyLaddy
  • Like 1

TheRageWay
Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem right now, I was able to install it not too long ago before the wipe. Now I cannot install the game because of this errorimage.thumb.png.c182554481234a69c9dc083ae299b1b7.png. Please help us support, this is unacceptable. I paid $150 bucks for a game I cannot install.image.thumb.png.1e85f698cd3e9624bb6ae428a50a5d9f.png I have plenty of memory available am not sure why it is doing this.

Edited by TheRageWay

zack991
Posted (edited)

I kept clicking retry when I did my download last night. It did it at least 15 times. It completed the download and install without issue. Dont click cancel when you get the error code, just click retry. It didn't start over for me. It picked up where it left off. It would do it every 500 or so megs

Edited by zack991

ArmySniper123

took a two wipe break come back with the same problem of you lads pls make a fix guide @devs pls payed 150$ do something dont be dicks

Varelux

Hello ! any issue? i got the same problem🤕

opusus
Posted (edited)

just had this issue myself. the error or file its unable to load is essentially a link, so copy that link without the  qoutations marks ( " ) into your webbrowser and it should download a file called "resources.assets.resS" then transfer that file into    BsgLauncher\EFT\EFT\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\Resources        and your game Should be good to go. Might get stuck up on 100% for a couple of minutes, but just wait a lil for it to finish. This, as of writing this atleast, has worked for me. 

edit: seems my error was a diffrent file, but of similar nature. so the location the file should be moved to might be diffrent. still hope this works for someone having the same issue!

Edited by opusus
a little sidenote
  • Upvote 1

TheMXPRGamer

Hey the name is Moore, today I recently purchased this game having the same issues as well. Although I might've found the solution for many people who are having this same problem downloading. My ' C:/ ' drive only has 10 gigs left in the sdd, since the launcher was installed onto the ssd and the game is 12 or more gigs I think having the launcher on your drive with a low amount of space will promt the error message. I downloaded the launcher onto my ' F:/ ' drive certainly worked out for me. I'm pretty sure trying to unpack the game while having a low amount of space on that drive with the launcher will cause this message. (kinda common sense lmao)

Hey the name is Moore, today I recently purchased this game having the same issues as well. Although I might've found the solution for many people who are having this same problem downloading. My ' C:/ ' drive only has 10 gigs left in the sdd, since the launcher was installed onto the ssd and the game is 12 or more gigs I think having the launcher on your drive with a low amount of space will promt the error message. I downloaded the launcher onto my ' F:/ ' drive certainly worked out for me. I'm pretty sure trying to unpack the game while having a low amount of space on that drive with the launcher will cause this message. (kinda common sense lmao)

crpaek
Posted (edited)

[READ THE WHOLE THING IF YOU ARE DETERMINED TO GET THIS TO WORK IN A SIMPLE STRAIGHT FORWARD WAY] Currently this is working for me. If you pause the installation right when you see the amount of files downloaded beginning to freeze out and stop (signs showing the error is about to pop up) pause the installation, wait maybe 10 seconds, and resume. It worked for me a few times and I was able to cover a lot of the installation. If it fails and the error pops up, click retry every time. Key is to be persistent. (If you think this will take forever it depends on your download speed, I'm download 15 mb/sec currently and I've covered about a quarter of the installation within 5-6 min since it started) Wish you all good luck in overcoming this annoying issue and hopefully the devs will pick up on this because they still haven't as of this date... Remember to keep clicking the retry button, BUT if you see the download is still continuing as in the files are still being downloaded while the error popup is open, don't click it, it'll continue to download until something happens. Just another cheat that somehow works with this crappy error code.

Edited by crpaek

WiIdBoy

Im having the same issue, i have tried every possible way. talked with streamers playing this game. consensus is, the devs dont give two shits about anyone. they just take the money and continue on. the support system is a joke. literally they want you to disable every defense possible on your PC download every possible browser out there to try and install through. then blame it on you and your PC why its not working. i will never buy another game from this company and i will be getting my money back. although they avoid that at all costs as well. what a ducking joke

thestampede415

See this work around created here:

Tell me if anyone is able to get their game to work after going through these steps as I have had no luck yet...

taipohh

I copied the   error  txt directory without the " to
FreeDownloadManager as an add torrent...changed the .zip in the end to torrent.
and it started to dowoload

http://cdn-11.eft-store.com/ClientDistribs/0.11.7.3333_4555ad24-29da-4902-8211-0822fdaa5a22/Client.0.11.7.3333.torrent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gollum1310

Set your downloadspeed to 2048kb/s in the launcher downloading now without any problems.

highwatertech

The dev on the other thread essentially only responded when people made accusations of BSG data mining/brute forcing and then closed the thread in the last reply saying that "its not a FIX THIS problem"

It is a "fix this" problem. we shouldn't have to disable our antivirus or jump through hoops to install the game. its abundantly obvious that this is a reoccurring issue, even if it affects a small amount of players, some of us spent hundreds of dollars on the game in the first place.