Body Armor

indyjons

I cannot seem to level pushor to level 3 or acquire the heavy body armor. My spent rubles is 1 mil and it says next level at 1 mil. They both read equal. He has been at level 2 and beyond for along time. I am level 33 and it says level 25 required. What am I missing to be able to purchase this armor?

FuryAlot
On 20. 3. 2017 at 6:30 PM, sgtmoss said:

Somewhat off topic perhaps but do you feel the current armor balance is not good for gameplay?  Lower level, less geared players may not have a real chance of even killing someone with armor even if they have the drop on them.  Here's 3 examples that have occurred in my play.

1. On factory, with the high ground, spotted an armored enemy player walking, he was not aware of me, took 2 well aimed headshots.  He stops to look and aim at me, fired an additional number of rounds resulting in 8 total hits on a stationary target according to after raid stats.  He proceeded to shoot a single burst and kill me.

2. On factory, turned a corner to see an armored player with shotgun, fire directly into his face, resulting in blood splatter directly behind his head on a wall.  Fire another shot to the head, may or may not have hit or partial hit.  Guy falls back and meds.  Die trying to push him.

3. On factory, watching stairs in the small 2 breachable door room.  Armored player comes up the stairs,I have the drop on him, I spray him in the face with Kedr.  He manages to fire 2 rounds while dying.  We both die.

That's not counting all the raids where you engage someone with a shotgun or pistol from extended range where you have effectively no chance.  I understand that body armor does stop bullets, pistol and shotgun rounds specifically even more easily.  But when high level players are running around with max level armor, what are lower level people supposed to do?  I have one full set of armor while some players have literally half a dozen to lose.  I dont bother bringing any gear outside my gamma container because I know if I go heads up with any armored player I will almost certainly die even if I have guns.  This leads IMO to only fully geared max armor players and naked hatchet players.   The idea of bringing a pistol or shotgun only and leaving with gear seems more and more unlikely.  Strategy, movement, positioning, getting the drop on your enemy, being highly accurate.... these are the things I would expect to level the playing field yet it appears often they don't.

I dont want to say git gud but git gud, current meta is shooting legs off because in the current state of alpha Fort armor has one hitbox for chest, groin and hands, and they all act like they have armor plates in them same as helmet has only one hitbox for whole head so when u equip it the game understads that u have ur whole head covered by it

Tl.tr. armors are not finished, dontwaste ur energy posting about them

• 3 months later...
Floppy-disko
On 27/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, FurryAlot said:

I dont want to say git gud but git gud, current meta is shooting legs off because in the current state of alpha Fort armor has one hitbox for chest, groin and hands, and they all act like they have armor plates in them same as helmet has only one hitbox for whole head so when u equip it the game understads that u have ur whole head covered by it

Tl.tr. armors are not finished, dontwaste ur energy posting about them

What? When you wear the helmet your head is all protect? So if I shot in the face someone wearing helmet is he protect?

And if I shot the helmet (Helmet is level 3A protection, right?) whit a rifile caliber bullet (supposed to penetratw levels 3A), does it penetrate the helmet and one shot kill?

• 1 month later...
NocturnalNuns
On 7/5/2017 at 8:37 AM, Floppy-disko said:

What? When you wear the helmet your head is all protect? So if I shot in the face someone wearing helmet is he protect?

And if I shot the helmet (Helmet is level 3A protection, right?) whit a rifile caliber bullet (supposed to penetratw levels 3A), does it penetrate the helmet and one shot kill?

I read that the Kiver helmet protects the whole head, including the face. And from experience, 2 5.45 AK rounds will destroy the helmet.

On 1/28/2016 at 3:23 AM, dtvh said:

Why i state otherwise is be cause in army i was military police, and we did few weeks close quarter combat practice in old military complex with empty apartment buildings and it did not seem to be the issue. I have seen and used some different vests. You had lot of gear and in military they teach you to pack your gear so it wont clutter and you are quiet, no matter how heavy you are. It's a must, you can't run around like a tin man. :) You don't run anyway much at all when you clean buildings. It's very systematic in real life cause this type of combat is most dangerous. So it's hard for me to imagine that this is an issue in game.

I think the guy who said make more noise meant that when wearing heavier gear you are prone to make more noise via footfalls or moving in general, not so much jangling of gear.  With the right gear prep noise discipline is easy.  However the heavier your step is the more likely you'd be to crunch gravel, twigs, branches, etc... 

And yes room clearing irl is much slower than this game tends to be.  ;-)