Demodraco

Punisher part 4 - the quest to make you quit the game

Demodraco

So far been a total miracle to have got any of the pmc kills for the task, have camped evac points, choke points, random locations, 99 times out of 100 I never see anyone.

When I do happen to find a pmc, most of the time they insta-kill me, im sick of this quest... all I want is the bigger container - if all i'm going to find on shoreline are players that appear to be cheating all the time - which does not surprise me since this quest is all but impossible how the hell else are they supposed to complete it. Then stuff this game ill be going.

Have wondered if its a money grab scheme, make the big container sooooo hard to get that people buy the upgrade instead.

My shoreline description - the largest map thats mostly dead so people hack to get kills because its otherwise impossible

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 1

Straafe

Yea, this quest is bogus. Just wait until you see some of the others they've added, like get 3 headshots at distance on PMCS on 3 different maps, lol. I've gone 10 raids in a row looking for people and never found one because they're all in labs, and then if you do see one, you need to try to back off during the fight to try to make sure you are far enough away for it to count, then if the final killing shot if you do kill them is not a headshot, no dice either. Then sometimes you think you ticked all the boxes and end game screen does say it was a headshot but the quest doesn't update anyway! It's honestly just a joke, and there are plenty more along that same vein I noticed added recently. Maybe if they took 1 of the criteria off of that one quest it would be OK, like they don't have to be headshots, or take off the distance requirement, but the way it is now is a complete and utter joke, and just promotes spawn/exfil camping too.

vazybot

I did 15 raids on Shoreline today and got only 1 pmc kill. I guess everyone is running labs rather then shoreline atm...

Demodraco

Aye some of the sniper ones are a bit crazy, but at least they don't lock away a potentially game changing item - the epsilon container, 2 extra slots over the beta may not always sound like much but theres many a time where it could just keep one's ruble's count out the red-zone

Endonium

Complaining and complaining is all I see here. What a bunch of crybabies.

I did 3 raids on Shoreline yesterday, with a friend.

First one, I killed 3 PMCs, including one with a Fort and Killa helmet, and his friend in a top tier set up (Gen4, Fast or something) with a decked out AK and a Remington 700.

Second one, I killed 1 PMC and then a bunch of scavs.

Third one, I killed 2 fully geared PMCs with decked out 104s and 105s.

I don't see the problem here. It's a lie that everyone is on Labs, absolute nonsense. I find top tier geared players on all maps, including Customs, Woods, Shoreline and Interchange.

So I don't see what your problem is.

I'm on EU servers.

Edited by Endonium
  • Upvote 2

netnix
21 minutes ago, Endonium said:

Complaining and complaining is all I see here. What a bunch of crybabies.

That's the primary use of these forums nowadays.

• Thanks 1

Tr4wnet
50 minutes ago, netnix said:

That's the primary use of these forums nowadays.

Everyday they find new stuff to complain about...

12 hours ago, Demodraco said:

So far been a total miracle to have got any of the pmc kills for the task, have camped evac points, choke points, random locations, 99 times out of 100 I never see anyone.

When I do happen to find a pmc, most of the time they insta-kill me, im sick of this quest... all I want is the bigger container - if all i'm going to find on shoreline are players that appear to be cheating all the time - which does not surprise me since this quest is all but impossible how the hell else are they supposed to complete it. Then stuff this game ill be going.

Have wondered if its a money grab scheme, make the big container sooooo hard to get that people buy the upgrade instead.

My shoreline description - the largest map thats mostly dead so people hack to get kills because its otherwise impossible

Trade for a gamma, upgrade to a bigger edition, join a clan/community ask to buy a gamma from someone (<- thats how i always got one). Or just run with a beta container... Complaining about quests that has rewards very similiar to the main reason ppl upgrade to bigger editions of the game, are clearly pointless. They made it like this so they can get more sells from ppl who just say "fk it im not gonna do that quest i just upgrade".

Edited by Tr4wnet

TheHappyMile

What server's are you playing on?

You just have to run into the East-Wing every game to find a lot of players. If you want to fight it out as fast as possible, that should be your way to go. Ressort all the day. 

GTB79

Players are always selling gammas, check inside backpacks on the marketplace.  Make sure you filter High to low and I'd check T-Bags first.

Demodraco

The problem is that every time I seem to find someone they magically know exactly where I am and exactly where my head is - despite the fact i'm hidden and silent, and most of these are EOD players that don't even need to do the task to get the better container.

If they are not running some sort of aimbot or wallhack on shoreline just to get the pmc kills then pigs must be flying somewhere

Edited by Demodraco
  • Sad 1

Eragon284th
1 hour ago, Demodraco said:

The problem is that every time I seem to find someone they magically know exactly where I am and exactly where my head is - despite the fact i'm hidden and silent, and most of these are EOD players that don't even need to do the task to get the better container.

If they are not running some sort of aimbot or wallhack on shoreline just to get the pmc kills then pigs must be flying somewhere

so what you are saying is that even though half the community has completed the quest, they had to hack to do it? besides, progression is supposed to be slow. In fact the quests used to be so so so much worse. they had these dreaded things called... Time limits. Have fun killing those 25 bears in 1 hour for your epsilon case! and yes, people actually did it. Sure they complained, but its not something that really matters. And for the record, Gamma/Kappa containers aren't even going to be the end game containers. there will be better ones. The container doesn't make you good at the game. You can still stick an mp7 into your alpha. you can still buy the same things as everyone else. You can still land shots on people and kill them. what is the problem? and there is no way to move silently. Even if you are crouched with movespeed at 0, if they have headphones on they can hear you

tawkinhedz

I have played this game for a minute now, and in tarkov, I seem to never get better. My loadouts seem to get a little better and I find little ways to keep the money going, but every single fight, save a few where there are two man squads and I actually don't think they're cheating, seems to be one shot head shots all day. This is borderline conspiratorial. I feel like Im being coaxed into the game to immediately be demolished by cheaters so they can take my loot. I do not believe for one second that most players in tarkov are getting one shot headshots at a distance. The odds of this happening every single match that I play are very low. It's such a problem i think I'm gonna have to take a break for my sanity

AdhesiveTeflon

It's an easy mission to accomplish during daytime raids; either run towards the gunfire or run into resort.  My buddy and I ran into multiple PMCs every daytime shoreline raid we were in yesterday.

Zoanthid

Easy mission just run to resort with a pistol and camp the East 310 room. If you have the key open it up, shut the door behind you and run by the loot on the table, just leave it for bait. Jump onto the bed and tuck yourself close to the wall, they will open the door realizing that it has already been opened but see the loot and dont see anybody inside figuring it must have been a hatchling with an alpha container they proceed to loot and thats when you spring the trap. Works just about every time and after that you can camp the 316 balcony choke point as well, I usually dont even loot or plan on making the extraction the objective is to get as many easy kills as you can and either die or disconnect. I can average about 3 to 4 pmcs a run with the above strat but i also get the mission done shortly after the wipe when most people are trying to do missions and the foot traffic is heavy.

Edited by Zoanthid

Endonium
3 hours ago, MrXT said:

The game is in beta, its our job to report things we feel arent working so they do work when the game is completed, you bell end!!

Your logic appears to be well i did it so theres no problem. Bit like a lottery winner saying winning the lottery is easy.

wow there, calm down. No need to insult me.

Mortakeye

if someone in interested, I have a few gammas to sell, send me a message if you would like to buy one

Pwnzer2000

I cant see the problem with that. Sometimes its easier, sometimes its harder to find and kill some Players. In my last 3 Rounds i killed 4 top geared dudes, sometimes i do 5 runs and only get scavs. Whats the problem with that? The level setup goes up to 100, so theres enough time to earn fighting experience and finally get the kills. 

Go into offline Raids, search for guys who will help you with the game mechanics, or watch some YouTube videos. Tarkov is hardcore realistic survival, not a battle royale pvp.

PS: Just a picture to mimimi about.

2019-01-28[20-32] (0).png

DutchF1nest050

This one is not so hard, people always go to the same spots (if u know them)  Gain knowledge about the map makes killing of the pmc's  way easier.  

Demodraco

Does not sodding help when they all seem to be cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE PEN CLASS 3 ARMOR WITH A PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO THEY TURN AND INSTANTLY ONE TAP ME AFTER I PUT 10 ROUNDS INTO THEM

WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER I CAMP NO ONE TURNS UP YET I'M CONSISTENTLY KILLED BY CAMPERS AT THE LOCATIONS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY TRIED CAMPING

THIS QUEST IS BULL, IT ENCOURAGES CHEATERS ITS ALRIGHT FOR THOSE TO DID IT EARLY WHEN THERES A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND BUT NOW SHORELINE HAS ALMOST NO ONE ON IT SO WHAT ELSE IT GONNA HAPPEN BUT THEM CHEAT CAUSE ITS SO SMEGGIN HARD TO DO THE QUEST

edit: The couple of times I have happened to have someone come to where i'm camping they manage to drop me before I can even see them - so they must know exactly where I am

Edited by Demodraco
  • Sad 2

headbanger203
41 minutes ago, Demodraco said:

Does not sodding help when they all seem to be cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE PEN CLASS 3 ARMOR WITH A PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO THEY TURN AND INSTANTLY ONE TAP ME AFTER I PUT 10 ROUNDS INTO THEM

WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER I CAMP NO ONE TURNS UP YET I'M CONSISTENTLY KILLED BY CAMPERS AT THE LOCATIONS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY TRIED CAMPING

THIS QUEST IS BULL, IT ENCOURAGES CHEATERS ITS ALRIGHT FOR THOSE TO DID IT EARLY WHEN THERES A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND BUT NOW SHORELINE HAS ALMOST NO ONE ON IT SO WHAT ELSE IT GONNA HAPPEN BUT THEM CHEAT CAUSE ITS SO SMEGGIN HARD TO DO THE QUEST

You need to lay off the caps bud, but Tarkov is like hammering a nail, you just have to bash it until it works. Keep trying and use shotguns and cheapness to win, also if you get to resort early you can camp 310 and 226 if you're that kind of person.

Pwnzer2000

Class 3 Armor is like Paper. Wear Class 5/6 and we'll talk again. Havent seen a cheater in the last ~10 Rounds. Survived 9 of em. Maybe u should think about your way of playing Tarkov.

€dit: i think u really need someone who helps you get into the game. Tried the Sherpa programm?

Edited by Pwnzer2000

HappyCamper
1 hour ago, Demodraco said:

Does not sodding help when they all seem to be cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is correct. They all SEEM to be cheating. Not understanding how you died doesn't mean someone is cheating. Not saying they don't exist, but come on......

On 1/28/2019 at 10:11 PM, Demodraco said:

99 times out of 100 I never see anyone.

Press X to doubt.

Tarkov is hard, you need to actually spend time to get better.

Granted that quest is one of the worst ones to complete if you don't pvp that much. But replying in all caps won't solve that problem. People above gave you plenty of suggestions, you might be better off trying some of those.

Also, people often know and check/avoid/prefire/grenade the usual camping spots. And sitting outside of the high traffic routes will not net you a lot of kills. Camping/hiding is good for survival, but not for making player kills. And I can know, as my name might suggest I'm all about camping, playing slow and surviving raids. But in return I hardly ever kill players. At the moment I have a 72% survival rate and a k/d of 12.6. Yet on average I only kill a pmc every 4-5 raids. So I need to switch my playstyle when I want to complete quests that requires me killing players.

TL;DR: you might need to be willing to learn and adjust your playstyle to complete this quest.

northofnowhere

This is a funny thread.  Perhaps you aren't quite ready for a quest like that and should skip it for awhile.

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: Every task is going to have a level difficulty. Right now, things are much easier than they will be. This game is meant to give you a hard time because it's hardcore. Please don't make rant posts. If you have a legitimate issue, related to testing such as bugs, you can post but always make sure the answer doesn't already exist here by using the search function. Of course, always report bugs through the launcher first and always include the log, details, pic/video links where applicable.