Choice of Reticle

Spectator6

EFT currently provides for custom-tailored firearms, thanks to its robust weapon modifications. 

Why not go one step further and allow users to choose their scope reticles too? Maybe give specifications to the player base and allow the community to make them for you, ready to import into the game? Just as an internal testing team is no match for thousands of online beta testers currently putting the game through its paces, perhaps allowing the player base to contribute some sort of "sight picture" files to the devs could allow for tons of tons of relatively "simple" content to be added into the game?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Note the multitude of varieties in sight picture and coloring that is offered to the buyer, all for a single model of scope:

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=AccuPoint&mid=1-6x24

Thoughts? Improvements?

Edited by Spectator6
typo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, trainfender said:

no, unfortunately its not realistic. you cant just change reticle in real life to whatever you want

I agree Nikita, a person cannot change a reticle to be "whatever they want" in real life. You're absolutely right!

In real life, when a person buys the Leupold Mark 4 LR/T for example, can't he choose to have the scope sent to him with one of the following reticles?

• MIL dot
    • image.png.584129e12c17c260b75bc59e4afbaf97.png
  • Tactical Milling
    • image.png.5b15586f113cc7ff493849b81dce13f1.png
  • TMR Illuminated
    • image.png.f155b4f41470822ab042d6c27115c946.png
  • Duplex
    • image.png.2eccedd7d7a3ba3401a799240fc22ef2.png

So say I bought a Leupold with a TMR reticle configuration and you bought one with a Duplex configuration. We both get killed by Kiba and he loots our bodies, he then notices that our Leupold scope setups are slightly different from one another. Does he pick yours or mine to keep?

Did I explain that well?

Given how many scopes are already in the game, and how many more you all plan to add in the future, it may not be reasonable to expect BSG to take the time to create and implement each and every scope/reticle combination. So maybe users can make the "real life" reticles and submit them to BSG for approval, along with proof that the reticle is in fact a "real" choice for the given scope, ready to be implemented into the game. Like the FortyOne lending his voice to help, maybe others of us could lend reticle files?

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Link to Leupold scope https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes/mark-4-lr-t-4-5-14x50mm?selectedSku=54660

Edited by Spectator6
typo, add link to Leupold site
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

On 2/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, Spectator6 said:

UPDATE: You recently answered this topic elsewhere, thank you Nikita!

I agree with this in ways. But this could all further complicate things. Theres already plenty of work to do and idk if this should be a focus at any time other than when everything is about perfect. balance is impossible. you just have to pick the right road.

Edited by StationHeights

Hi @StationHeights!

Back in the day, Nikita said they might consider it whenever they start the "sniping" overhaul to correct ballistics, etc.

9 hours ago, StationHeights said:

I agree with this in ways. But this could all further complicate things. Theres already plenty of work to do and idk if this should be a focus at any time other than when everything is about perfect. balance is impossible. you just have to pick the right road.

And you're right, with everything going on in the studio, BSG may not have the time to make this a priority. So why not let some savvy users in the community (I'd volunteer!) produce these graphics to a high standard, ready for BSG to implement?

Wanting to get involved to improve the game and help BSG sure beats certain people sitting around asking for new streamer items!

Yes to all of them! Would be great to have multiple variants available for all real life counterparts with the various reticle options.