Quick Q & A with Nikita 2/2/2019

Natalino

Escapers,

Here are few answers from BSG COO Nikita for questions asked by a community member. Enjoy!

• Will bullet velocity depend on actual rounds and not the weapon in the future?

Right now bullet velocity is an ammo parameter (you can see it in ammo chart). Weapon barrel can have an influence on it though.

• When will subsonic ammo work?

In the next patches.

• Will weapon barrel heat vision distortion be implemented?

Yes!

• Will helmets ever revert back to realistic protection?

I don't think so. A full realistic approach in helmets will make them unuseful because they all will be the same level 1-2 protection. Nevertheless, helmet parameters are subject to change.

• Are armor zones still planed? If yes, will they have realistic protection or will they be tweaked like helmets?

Armor zones are still planned. We want to make body armor realistic.

• More realistic movement inertia is planed?

We had inertia before - looked like additional lags or something.

• The Bullet drop seems excessive for some rounds, will this be changed to realistic values?

Yes!

• Will rigs like BlackRock and Avs be changed so they can store a realistic amount of magazines?

Yes!

• Gun silencer durability? Will there be a difference between "wipe" and "chambers" silencer (durability vs performance)?

Yes, exactly everything you said.

• Is personal sight zeroing still planed? As in: we will zero sights in our hideouts.

We would need to think about this one. 

• Do SCAVs use hitscan or projectile mechanics or a combination of the two?

No hitscan. They shoot the same way as players do.

• In the future, will labs be accessed from another map?

We will think about it. In the nearest future Labs access will be limited.

• Is open world scraped or is there still a chance to see it in the distant future?

It's still on the track.

• When will vodka be in the game and will it help with radiation poisoning?

Vodka will be in the game pretty soon. We just need to add drunk effect first. 

• For the karma system to work we need a way to ID people. Will walkie-talkies, GPS devices, and maps help with that?

I didn't get how all the stuff you described are related to the karma system. And how they could help to ID people in general.

• How long will heal time of dead PMC (0 HP) to full HP be when hideouts come?

That is subject to testings. I don't think that it will be a long time. In a long time, I mean hours. 

• How many PMC characters will we have when hideout comes?

Hmm...didn't get the question. Do you mean how many PMC character slots will be per account? When the hideout will be released it's still going to be one character per account.

• What will DLC´s include?

New locations, new quests, new mechanics, new traders, events and so on.

• Do you know how many shooter games are ruined for me because of Tarkov?

Oh, stop it!  :)

• Addendum: As in, we will use GPS/map to radio our position over walkie-talkies to other players of our faction. Not directly tied to karma, but a system to make karma more viable.

Well, I guess so  :)

• Addendum: At one point there was a rumor about 3 characters per account (obviously not true now that you answered). Will SCAV runs be our only "option" while we wait for our one PMC to heal?

Yes, its planned to have 3 characters on the account but it will be the whole profile in a profile thing. You will not be able to use them as switchable characters with a single stash. But, who knows. We will see!

TRANSLATIONS:

• German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our German Emissary and Moderator @Hummz21
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our French Emissary @titi4600
  • Turkish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Turkish Emissary and Moderator @Dimitri468
  • Polish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Polish Emissary @NuclearMessiah
  • Hungarian translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Hungarian Emissary @Settenke
  • Chinese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Chinese Emissary @Mage_Elminster
  • Greek translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Greek Emissary @FireFistAceGR
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Spanish Emissary and Moderator @MrXavito
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, moom00 said:

how come no one asked when they are aiming to release .12

Because it has been announced multiple times that there is no ETA and that there will be sequences of smaller patches till then. The ETA will be announced as soon as it is known. Stay tuned for that, please. 

22 minutes ago, AkalaHD said:

I dislike the whole idea of multiple PMCs and persistent health. Maybe because I don't fully understand it?

Many didn't like the insurance system idea at first until they saw it. At the end of the day, we will not add something that will break the game or make the whole idea not enjoyable. Think about it really. We are all on the same team here and the goal is to make the experience even better. So, nothing to worry about, wait for more info and implementation of the feature, test it out and let us know when you think then. We will listen, improve, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Lazybit said:

Is that when I die in game I will have to wait in stash for new character like scav now?????wtf!!!!!or if not what he meant with it?!!!

You will need to heal up and such outside of the raids. Your health status will carry over, etc. Read around the forum for more info. This feature is tied to the Hideout feature. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Natalino said:
  • Will helmets ever revert back to realistic protection?

I don't think so. A full realistic approach in helmets will make them unuseful because they all will be the same level 1-2 protection. Nevertheless, helmet parameters are subject to change.

I dont know what i should think about you Nikita. You are working on realistic game without realistic parameters? Do you exactly know what you want? Or you just want to ruin this game? 

Edited by dez1nd
  • Like 2
  • Hot 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11
  • Upvote 2

When i wear a helmet ingame i "hope" it might protect me.

I dont expect it to reliably save my a..Head ;P

I personaly would like BSG to go the realism rout on that subject.

(sorry for my bad english)

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Schaefer said:

So Nikita should change armor mechanics to protect your whole body because when you wear armor, you want to be protected. 

1 hour ago, dez1nd said:

I dont know what i should think about you Nikita. You are working on realistic game without realistic parameters? Do you exactly know what you want? Or you just want to ruin this game? 

If a video game was 100% realistic it wouldn't be fun. You could die off a 5% chance to trip down the stairs and break your head open. Getting shot once will cause you to collapse on the ground gasping for breath. Once you die in game you can't play again or have to make a new character and start from the beginning.

Now with sarcasm aside, helmets need to have decent armor on them otherwise they would be pointless to take them into a raid. Sacrificing realism for good gameplay balance is necessary, if you want realism go play a mil-sim.

57 minutes ago, Schaefer said:

Then what would be the point of wearing a helmet? If helmets were realistic, one shot to the head with any caliber would mess you up, and if you were able to survive, you would be shell shocked and wouldn't be able to react quick enough to fight back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Will there be a rangefinder implemented in the game that can attatch to the KAC RIS or the AR P.E.P.R like this one for example?

1018961647.png

306-32-mounted.png

I honestly see this as being one of the best things to add to the late game with maybe 600 USD Peacekeeper 3 or Skier 4 items that would make the Remington 700 and such a lot more trusty for those huge scopes we have... 

Nikita PLZ

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

I always get flamed by my friend for talking about this. But. Will there ever be a heating system? Where certain gear heats you up quicker? Where heat levels can affect you to dehydrate quicker, and lose a lot of stamina, thus not being able to steady your aim for long, and/or have no ability to sprint.

• Like 1

@scoobysenpaijr

Whats the Point of Helmets in real life (live??)

Tarkov is as the devs said a niche game for a niche audience.

so realism in the first place.

When you ask whats the point of helmets then whats the point of any armor ecept the best? the point of any weapon,attachment etc exept the best?

I dont want a bad argument with someone or sound salty but thats the premise i bought the game on.

And a game 100% realism would not be fun is your thinking not mine.

Edited by Schaefer
  • Like 4

vor 30 Minuten schrieb leeflee:

I always get flamed by my friend for talking about this. But. Will there ever be a heating system? Where certain gear heats you up quicker? Where heat levels can affect you to dehydrate quicker, and lose a lot of stamina, thus not being able to steady your aim for long, and/or have no ability to sprint.

I also look forward to enviromental hazards like radiation, toxins but also look forward to a cold/heat system where gear plays a role.

There is a temperature value in the player status screen, maybe someday we will get such features :)

40 minutes ago, ArxRanger said:

Will there be a rangefinder implemented in the game that can attatch to the KAC RIS or the AR P.E.P.R like this one for example?

Laser rangefinder is planned, sir. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Sh0p said:

Love how you reply to these quick question will there be a way to pick what gun to use as a scav or will it be random for each scav raid?

Scav always comes with random gear, sir. We do not have the plans to change in at the moment.

3 часа назад, Natalino сказал:

• Are armor zones still planed? If yes, will they have realistic protection or will they be tweaked like helmets?

Armor zones are still planned. We want to make body armor realistic.

Мaybe this will add lags and problems with netcode?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orbixal said:

Yet again vague and lacking in any real information. 

Starting to get really tired of these token answers.....

Feels bad... I’m sorry if we don’t have release ETA yet. Nikita should apologyze to you

• Sad 3

Well, good news and news. I wanted to know if there will be other elements to the game play. I know BSG stated about no zombies or monsters or any of that sort of heretic beings. But, given the current mechanics, I'm worried the game play may wear thin after a while. Seeing it'll be....going into raids, killing, looting, escaping. Rinse and repeat solo or in a group. Sure, there will be tasks, but how many times can you do "kill 30 scavs on Customs" without making it a mundane.

Even now YouTube gamers are implementing their own set of challenges. I know, the game is in BETA, few mechanics in place. Try thinking on a broader perspective when the game goes Gold.

I hope BSG has other mechanics in place apart from the standard style of game play. I know I'd like to see more.

Edited by Black_Tiger
Changed sentence