Secured Container Upgrade

Caraceus

I just want to have this sorted out because different mods have been saying different things on multiple posts.

We have been told that everything you get in the preorder-packages will be available just by playing long enough.

But then we have other people saying the secure container (3x3) is unique only to the EOD edition and otherwise not obtainable. (I dont care about the Tomahawk)

What is exactly the case now or is it just not decided yet?

The two most expensive pre-order packages come with unique secured containers that cannot be obtained in the final version of the game. That's the plan.

I had a thread about this a while ago. I hope this satisfies your answer.

On 22-3-2016 at 1:07 PM, Nyctea said:

Eventually, this is what it comes to as long as we speak of permanent bonuses:

• EoD is sign of support and trust from you, and from us, it will give a sign of gratitude, as a unique id.
  • Free DLCs
  • Unique secure container - though other players may get containers large enough to make it seem unsubstantial.

I won't mention access to both phases of testing, as testing is not permanent =).

All other things give you an advantage at the start, but they can be lost and/or achieved by other players: larger stash, more money and equip, etc. However, even if they get all of that, it would take them quite some time. For instance, good standing with all traders is something I can only imagine attaining in theory.

• Like 1

What does unsubstantial mean? Can you reach the same size or just near it? 2x3 to 3x3 for example is still a 50% increase.

Edited by Caraceus
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Caraceus said:

What does unsubstantial mean? Can you reach the same size or just near it? 2x3 to 3x3 for example is still a 50% increase.

"Unique secure container - though other players may get containers large enough to make it seem unsubstantial."
I am fairly certain he means 'normal' players cannot reach the 3x3 size. But can get damn near close (2x3, 2x4?). So the difference between that and 3x3 is not that large and could be considered unsubstantial, depending on one's perspective.

• 1 month later...

I'd say that adjustments to the dimensions of the secure box could actually make a huge difference as a 2x4 would allow for people to store rifles in it. Id say that they will probably be keep the boxes as squares for the most part and prevent that happening. I imagine that people that dont buy EOD edition will be able to get gamma containers the same size, but probably with a different skin, unique doesn't just represent the function, same as with the tomahawk where its basically a re modeled/skinned knife

Am 1.1.2017 um 23:12 schrieb Stormhawk V:

The two most expensive pre-order packages come with unique secured containers that cannot be obtained in the final version of the game. That's the plan.

no 

the devs said u can find securecontainer in secret locations, maybe even 3x4 or 4x3 but they say they not shure about that yet. 
No bonus from the EOD edition is unoptainable exept for the Tomohawk / DLCs and startstanding to the shops

• 4 months later...

what do you think they mean by unique though, like will it look different? is it custom? or will it be the same looking for everyone who gets the EoD bundle?

5 hours ago, darthdallas said:

what do you think they mean by unique though, like will it look different? is it custom? or will it be the same looking for everyone who gets the EoD bundle?

this thread is months old, info may be outdated.

the whole basis of unique will be clarified as we get further to full release. it will be unique in its own way but yes you will be able to obtain a container of equal size by means of completing tasks

• Upvote 1