Head, eyes

Hi,

Is current build broken af or what, hitboxes for head are ridiculous. Ordinary day in tarkov small gunshot on dorms and then out of nowhere ive i died via headshot, EYES. 

Was wearing FAST MT with visior and was falling back from gunfight to my frfiend. when i was like 20m from him guy from the back shoot me in the eyes !!! HOW?!! My died almost instantly after me. I have no idea whats going on with this game now. Helmets and head hitboxes (jaws, eyes, ears) need to be reworked somehow. Current state is unplayable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 3

I agree that at the moment helmets do seem kind of pointless as I have been one shot a lot with many different helmet types and by a variety of weapons, to the point that I have stopped buying them, I just use the ones I find now or go in without. Don't get me wrong, I am not expecting to survive an M4 or shotgun to the face at any close distance, even mid distance, but I would expect to survive a pistol shot or two at least, and some melee hits.

• Sad 1
headbanger203

From experience level 4 helmets protect you from nearly every round in the game but the thing is it doesn't protect you from the 'Meta' rounds, Edit: Or face hitbox

• 7.62x39 BP
  • 5.45 BS and 7N39 Igolnik
  • 7.62x51 (All of them)
  • 7.62x54R LPS and SNB, never really use 7N1 so I can't speak to it's effectiveness
  • 5.56x45 M995
  • 4.6x30 AP SX (Not sure if it actually pens or it's just because of ROF but it still works)

Just remember though, the FAST MT and Airframe helmets are level 4, the visors are level 3 and the other attachments are level 2-3. But realistically, there's not much point running helmets that are above level 3, why? Everyone is running the rounds above and they'll quite easily destroy your face unless you're wearing an Altyn+, coupled with the face hitbox, there's just not much point running the mid-tier helmets.

In-short, go to one extreme, either wear the level 3 helmet at level 1 ragman or buy altyns.

Edited by headbanger203
  • Upvote 1

thats cool i got 1 tap in alty helm in face mask by ak 103 from 100 meters away. helms are useless at moment but ive been saved by them a few times lvl 3 helm ricocheting a bs round at point blank is funny lol

24 minutes ago, headbanger203 said:

From experience level 4 helmets protect you from nearly every round in the game but the thing is it doesn't protect you from the 'Meta' rounds, Edit: Or face hitbox

• 7.62x39 BP
  • 5.45 BS and 7N39 Igolnik
  • 7.62x51 (All of them)
  • 7.62x54R LPS and SNB, never really use 7N1 so I can't speak to it's effectiveness
  • 5.56x45 M995
  • 4.6x30 AP SX (Not sure if it actually pens or it's just because of ROF but it still works)

Just remember though, the FAST MT and Airframe helmets are level 4, the visors are level 3 and the other attachments are level 2-3. But realistically, there's not much point running helmets that are above level 3, why? Everyone is running the rounds above and they'll quite easily destroy your face unless you're wearing an Altyn+, coupled with the face hitbox, there's just not much point running the mid-tier helmets.

In-short, go to one extreme, either wear the level 3 helmet at level 1 ragman or buy altyns.

I dont wanna go that far to compare this game to real life rounds, weapons, etc. Yes, Tarkov is something new but still, this is just a game, and it will not be any close to real things, in real life. Now in EFT head, face hitboxes are broken. There are videos on YT that guy take a shot into head with a gun and hes alive - then same gun same guy, but hes wearing a helmet - 1 shot and insta dead. 

They should fix it. Because now its leg/face meta.

30 minutes ago, xsaintone said:

and it will not be any close to real things, in real life

It should be though. Helmets shouldn't protect from rifles.

51 minutes ago, xsaintone said:

face meta

Yes, and that should most definitely BE a meta. You know, shooting someone in the head...

• Upvote 1
Huskiebear1

So OP would you rather just take rifle shots to the helmet and live? Cuz most sure wouldn't. By this post I'm going to assume you haven't played a long time. Back when fast Mt came out they were near impossible to Pen and everyone ran them, it was very unfun and many people complained that it needed to be changed.  Helmets do not serve to stop Big bullets. 

This is what i mean. I was wearing Fast MT with jaw protection. Ive got killed by shot in the eyes!!!

Meanwhile i shoot him at least twice in the freaking head with no protection. Play it @ 0.25 speed. 

Hes not even wounded - as the kill screen shown that i used 2 ammo with 0 damage.

eiNej0N.jpg

47 minutes ago, xsaintone said:

I was wearing Fast MT with jaw protection. Ive got killed by shot in the eyes

First of all this sentence explain it self. You had jaw protection, you killed by a bullet to your eyes.

48 minutes ago, xsaintone said:

Meanwhile i shoot him at least twice in the freaking head with no protection. Play it @ 0.25 speed. 

Hes not even wounded - as the kill screen shown that i used 2 ammo with 0 damage. 

There would be a problem if the end game stats told you that 2 ammo with x amount of damage which means you hit him in the head and he survived without a helmet but that's not the case here. You shot him on YOUR SCREEN but it was not a registered shot on the server side maybe lag maybe desync, probably both. Basicly you shot and missed, he shot and didn't. You just thought that you hit him because of the blood splater and injury sound effect.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SkyCloud said:

First of all this sentence explain it self. You had jaw protection, you killed by a bullet to your eyes.

There would be a problem if the end game stats told you that 2 ammo with x amount of damage which means you hit him in the head and he survived without a helmet but that's not the case here. You shot him on YOUR SCREEN but it was not a registered shot on the server side maybe lag maybe desync, probably both. Basicly you shot and missed, he shot and didn't. You just thought that you hit him because of the blood splater and injury sound effect.

So you saw headshot and you are telling me that ive missed? Are you blind?

• Sad 1
Just now, xsaintone said:

So you saw headshot and you are telling me that ive missed? Are you blind?

mate are you unable to comprehend a simple sentence? let me quote myself but read it really really carefully this time.

1 hour ago, SkyCloud said:

You shot him on YOUR SCREEN but it was not a registered shot on the server side maybe lag maybe desync, probably both.

dont worry. the community will complain and then they will add in an AK for you. don't worry about desync or core game issues right? nah, just add poo. its like one step forward and two back. even all the major players who stream have said it. and dont give me that "its in beta" crap. yeah we all know its in beta. but if im dropping 140 bucks then i sure hope i get a game that at least functions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

mate are you unable to comprehend a simple sentence? let me quote myself but read it really really carefully this time.

sorry man, there was no lag there... or dsync. both players were playing fluidly.  he certainly has a point.  they added the double kill and this should have definatley been that case.

3 hours ago, sMACkLee said:

sorry man, there was no lag there... or dsync. both players were playing fluidly.  he certainly has a point.  they added the double kill and this should have definatley been that case.

Instead of saying "It is not what you are saying." Can you explaing better? It is obvious he shot first, hit him in the head before getting shot and couldn't kill him + no damage report in after game stats. Without inflicting damage how can you expect the kill trade?

Plasterninja
3 hours ago, sMACkLee said:

No it shouldnt, he aimed too high and didnt hit anything, just watched it frame by frame and there was no blood or anything to indicate that he hit. The “injury” sounds most likely came from his own character. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, SkyCloud said:

Instead of saying "It is not what you are saying." Can you explaing better? It is obvious he shot first, hit him in the head before getting shot and couldn't kill him + no damage report in after game stats. Without inflicting damage how can you expect the kill trade?

dont really care what the stat screen shows... i truly believe that stat screen is always wrong anyways.  the math is always wrong on the hit percentage, and the damage taken and absorbed is always "fishy" too.. there is some sort of disconnect between what a player "sees" in game and what actually happens. i have saw my friends in a fire fight and their head "bob" backwards and blood on the wall, like they took a bullet and they tell me they didnt get damaged. the whole system is just... "what ever!"   in this post, the guy looked like his second or third shot hit the head. I see a small blood spray just before he dies, that is why i said the "kill trade"

On 2/17/2019 at 3:27 AM, xsaintone said:

The main issues here are still not fixed. Game core is still broken and everybody knows that but hey, they added a new LAB map and shut all mouths.

the game is way more fun than any other at the moment, every game will always have issues, cheaters, bugs, glitches... you take the good with the bad and play on... in all honesty, the game is not as bad as some of you ho-hum, gloomy, dooms day sayers want to make it out to be...

yes face hitbox is ridiculously easy to hit. the player is far too accurate as well.

at the moment center mass means nothing and this is completely unrealistic. all military are trained to aim center mass. not headshots like some of the movies would have you believe.

main problem of the game as of right now. 

very expensive to play, yet unfinished and very buggy. 

people pay high amounts of money with the expectation "it was expensive, it should work" when it fact it doesnt. 

scond problem, more important than the first one: 

game claims to be realistic, when in fact its not. 

or at least sometimes it isnt. it hasnt really decided yet. 

so do helmets stop Assaulr rifle bullets from less than 50m now or do they not ? 

does the game want to be realistic when it comes to combat or does it want to cater to a higher portion of possible players and customers ? 

because  - imho - most people whining about being shot while wearing heave armor - are not those that wanted the realistic shooter, but want a normal FPS with the amazing gunplay (aka attachements, modding etc) of EFT. 

thats what they love. the realism managing their weapons. the idea of holding a decked out AR15 modded to the brim with attachements and such. thats freakin awesome. 
helmets with mandible because hellz yeah. 

have you ever seen real life footage of actual soldiers or contractords wearing asault helmets with mandibles ? i have not. 

and most contractors I have seen wear ultralight helmets, if any at all because mobility, peripheral vision and knowing your surroundings as well as protecting your vectors is what saves you. not a helmet. same with vests. they wear light armor vests. not heavy vests you see demolition experts wearing. . because again: mobility is key. not being tanky. 

the game has soo much fluff that is actually rarely if ever used in real life combat , its not even funny. and why ? 

because we can!!! and we couch potatoes sure love to play with our virtual stuff. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, psykikk said:

main problem of the game as of right now. 

very expensive to play, yet unfinished and very buggy. 

people pay high amounts of money with the expectation "it was expensive, it should work" when it fact it doesnt. 

scond problem, more important than the first one: 

game claims to be realistic, when in fact its not. 

or at least sometimes it isnt. it hasnt really decided yet. 

so do helmets stop Assaulr rifle bullets from less than 50m now or do they not ? 

does the game want to be realistic when it comes to combat or does it want to cater to a higher portion of possible players and customers ? 

because  - imho - most people whining about being shot while wearing heave armor - are not those that wanted the realistic shooter, but want a normal FPS with the amazing gunplay (aka attachements, modding etc) of EFT. 

thats what they love. the realism managing their weapons. the idea of holding a decked out AR15 modded to the brim with attachements and such. thats freakin awesome. 
helmets with mandible because hellz yeah. 

have you ever seen real life footage of actual soldiers or contractords wearing asault helmets with mandibles ? i have not. 

and most contractors I have seen wear ultralight helmets, if any at all because mobility, peripheral vision and knowing your surroundings as well as protecting your vectors is what saves you. not a helmet. same with vests. they wear light armor vests. not heavy vests you see demolition experts wearing. . because again: mobility is key. not being tanky. 

the game has soo much fluff that is actually rarely if ever used in real life combat , its not even funny. and why ? 

because we can!!! and we couch potatoes sure love to play with our virtual stuff. 

You said exactly what I think. They are all pertinent questions.

I bought EFT for realism, and the more the better. Bullets must penetrate the equipment as in real life.

Sorry for my english.