RatsInYurTarkov

When will this be finished? Honestly tho.

No one wants to level a 50th time while the game gets older and interest fades
i forsee another coming dayz, by the time it gets released full version no one will care about the game and no one will be playing ... and it wont be released for 2 more years then this game is dead

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RatsInYurTarkov said:

interest fades

Explain please? They will upgrade the engine, 5 more maps yet to come, I am not talking about skill list which they will implement overtime, factions, cultists, karma, if you think this game is dying or your interest fades away then you are whimsey.

• Sad 1

its like a wave, it rises and falls and once it crashes on shore its gone forever
this game will have the exact same life span as DayZ:  people will be excited at first but the bugs and glitches will never be fixed and the entire time the core players are already done exploring and playing and have done everything in the game over and over
eventually no one wants to play and the player base goes on a downward spiral
tarkov is a ghost town now just like DayZ

6 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

Explain please? They will upgrade the engine, 5 more maps yet to come, I am not talking about skill list which they will implement overtime, factions, cultists, karma, if you think this game is dying or your interest fades away then you are whimsey.

factions - bad idea, karma - bad idea. cheaters are taking over but now i cant shoot people i see becasuse they might be the same as me, its a survival shooter stop trying to make us RP.....listen to all the streamers, they say the game is dying lol and basically dead

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Always amusing when the general public knows how an unfinished game is going.

That is, one that’s progressing with technological and content based stuff.

• Like 1

People were against Med animation and hated it before it came , now everyone loves or at least agrees its a good idea.
Some people were against hideout but nowadays everyone is excited for it. BSG have their own vision on the game and unless they introduce something completely gamebreaking , i think they need to follow their own ideas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, axel2011 said:

People were against Med animation and hated it before it came , now everyone loves or at least agrees its a good idea.
Some people were against hideout but nowadays everyone is excited for it. BSG have their own vision on the game and unless they introduce something completely gamebreaking , i think they need to follow their own ideas.

lol. meanwhile alot of streamers say the game is dying... can i see some evidence of "everybody" excited for the hideout. because i can tell you right now, im not apart of the "everybody"

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hamm said:

lol. meanwhile alot of streamers say the game is dying... can i see some evidence of "everybody" excited for the hideout. because i can tell you right now, im not apart of the "everybody"

well as you talked about streamers , go ask streamers and everyone in chat and you will see how many are excited for hideout

1 hour ago, axel2011 said:

well as you talked about streamers , go ask streamers and everyone in chat and you will see how many are excited for hideout

ya. some say it to everything, and then a week later they are already over it lmao. 

2 hours ago, Hamm said:

who cares about the snotty nosed streamers... if anything they are part of the reason bad sht happens in the game all under the "guise" of " we just want other to know"  teaching viewers how to glitch, how to manipulate markets, how to door glitch and much more.. nothing but cancer streamers are and they're sense of entitlement is a  complete joke!

4 hours ago, RatsInYurTarkov said:

its like a wave, it rises and falls and once it crashes on shore its gone forever
this game will have the exact same life span as DayZ:  people will be excited at first but the bugs and glitches will never be fixed and the entire time the core players are already done exploring and playing and have done everything in the game over and over
eventually no one wants to play and the player base goes on a downward spiral
tarkov is a ghost town now just like DayZ

why try to compare this with Dayz?

9 minutes ago, sMACkLee said:

who cares about the snotty nosed streamers... if anything they are part of the reason bad sht happens in the game all under the "guise" of " we just want other to know"  teaching viewers how to glitch, how to manipulate markets, how to door glitch and much more.. nothing but cancer streamers are and they're sense of entitlement is a  complete joke!

i agree..i think its a shame that the devs listen to them sometimes and put some of the crap they recommend in the game

2 hours ago, axel2011 said:

well as you talked about streamers

Well, about being "excited" i need to disagree a little bit, because actually streamers and a lot of ppl are afraid that they will need to "stop/wait xx time till they can go again into raid".
But if that problem will be fixed via "paying rubbles to heal" or anything then it will be fine.

2 hours ago, Hamm said:

meanwhile alot of streamers say the game is dying

Is dying because? Any reasons or arguments? Or i can just say "Game is not dying" so we are even?

To answer that question. Less ppl play NOW in EFT? -> Yes. Why? Because no wipe for long time, no new contnet, there is no real reason to play right now so they wait for wipe/new content.

IS EFT dying? Well, we don't have any informations about players after each wipe. + i think that many players are actually waiting till eft will be released, casue they see no point of playing with bugs/wipes etc.

The only information i found was that EFT got sold in minimum 105k copies so i would estimate that EFT golst somehow between 150k-250k copies overall, it's that low or high, well dunno ;P. 

• Upvote 1

Just putting my two cents in for the topic.  

Right now, there are few games that have the same feel.  So it will be hard for the game to lose value.  

However, should another game in the genre show up in better or promising conditions, say a game that hid in development for longer, then you might see a dip in player count.  

However, with new content within arms reach every few months, that dip will be negligent.

As for the main concern...wipes...

It would be nice to just have semi-wipes.  You lose the progression of what's being changed, but not all of it. Only doing a full wipe when absolutely necessary.

5 hours ago, Hamm said:

factions - bad idea, karma - bad idea.

Both are good in my opinion. I'm tired of the whole blasting everything in sight. It will also help enormously with those that lone wolf. I'm only curious as to how it's going to work with friends. I play USEC but I have friends that play BEAR.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

3 hours ago, Hamm said:

that's your only argument ? "a lot of streamers says it so it must be true" ? all right ! at least now, because of you, we know that god exist for real ! obviously, so many people are saying that. open your mind dude, and stop only think through streamers.
and you being not a part of the "everybody" means this everbody cannot exist and be the majoriatary because of only you ?
well, i see the kind of guy you are :begood:

5 hours ago, Hamm said:

It is dying because the dev never do anything worth while and their vision is so far fetched it will never happen in the next 10 years. 

And people can only put up with beta calling bs for so long. We need to stop allowing devs to hide behind it when tgey cant get their act together. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Well, about being "excited" i need to disagree a little bit, because actually streamers and a lot of ppl are afraid that they will need to "stop/wait xx time till they can go again into raid".
But if that problem will be fixed via "paying rubbles to heal" or anything then it will be fine.

Is dying because? Any reasons or arguments? Or i can just say "Game is not dying" so we are even?

To answer that question. Less ppl play NOW in EFT? -> Yes. Why? Because no wipe for long time, no new contnet, there is no real reason to play right now so they wait for wipe/new content.

IS EFT dying? Well, we don't have any informations about players after each wipe. + i think that many players are actually waiting till eft will be released, casue they see no point of playing with bugs/wipes etc.

The only information i found was that EFT got sold in minimum 105k copies so i would estimate that EFT golst somehow between 150k-250k copies overall, it's that low or high, well dunno ;P. 

if you want a wipe...feel free to hit that account reset and wipe your own account. a wipe doesnt make the game better or "refreshing". alot of people already dont bring in  gear so a wipe does nothing but make the people that actually like to bring in good gear not possible. iv run into countless level 30+ 40+ and 50+ just running a hatchet. THAT needs to be fixed. thats why im a huge fan of adding some type of gear score. 1 raid could be amazing and great PVP against squads that came in equally as geared as you, then the next 5 raids will be nothing but scrub level 30-50+ players just running mosins 

12 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Is there any sort of solid evidence that supports this claim?

sure, go look at the website that shows the number of people playing. people are getting tired of getting cheated and the cheaters being able to play for months before anything happens and sometimes nothing even happens to them. 

Edited by Hamm

6 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Both are good in my opinion. I'm tired of the whole blasting everything in sight. It will also help enormously with those that lone wolf. I'm only curious as to how it's going to work with friends. I play USEC but I have friends that play BEAR.

its a survival game, not a lets RP. you want to RP thats fine, but shouldnt punish people for killing people.

I'd love to know how this game is 'dying' when everyone that does content for on YouTube still easily gets tons of views, it's always high up on the streamed games on Twitch, finding matches is never an issue and looky looky...the forums are always popping. Yet alone the various Discord channels i'm on that have tons of players always playing.

I think it's dying in a select few eyes...because they've rushed through every aspect of the game as fast as possible and are upset the moment 'muh new contentz' isn't shoved in their face when THEY want it and how THEY want it.

Entitlement is a plague. One that needs to be cured through bullets and fire.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hamm said:

its a survival game, not a lets RP. you want to RP thats fine, but shouldnt punish people for killing people.

Well you're going to be with the karma system, don't shoot those that are the same faction as you.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

13 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Interesting point of view. :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hamm said:

It’s not a survival game though, it’s an action RPG. I have no idea why you keep mentioning this word with no evidence to support it. Just like how the game is ‘dying’ because a few top tier streamers are getting bored of playing it every day. 

60F82646-5B9F-4710-82BE-A2499CDBFC83.jpeg.ecce0f83fb463b470e25aa495fadeebb.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

You can kind of calculate when the game will be done. We're getting a major update roughly every 3 months that changes the numerical game version by one. Right now we're almost at 0.12, so that means that we'll be at 0.99 in roughly 261 months, which would be 21,75 years. That means the game will be at version 1.0 and done by the year ~2041, give or take.

*fingers crossed*

Edited by RAC-W
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1