SG95

hats off to the devs

me and my friends were discussing the quality of videogame communities, and we agreed that squad and tarkov had some of the very worst. but in games like squad, this is extremely detrimental to the game, bad cooperation results in breaking of gameplay experience, but a funny thing I pointed out was that tarkovs shitty community would only be actually detrimental if the devs listened to the community; the game revolves around killing pretty much everyone so during the game one is pretty much shielded from the community, and the devs seem to care about making the gme realistic and hard more than pleasing randos on the internet (unlike some games)

so hats off to the devs for not nerfing the mosin, or shotguns, or making helmets stronger, or reducing the realism in any way. although this game has its problems such as hackers, the game has improved significantly since it first came out, good sh1t devs

• Sad 2

I agree, but also feel the need to point out helmets in game are actually beefed up in real life terms almost every helmet will get you killed under tarkov situations it's usually angle of trajectory that play the major survival factor for helmets in the real world in tarkov its still a  factor but the helmets are beefed up much more than the real worlds.

Side Note: BSG have said from the beginning they will always be aiming on making a fun game even at the expense of realism although they fully intend to drive for a hardcore realistic gaming experience so things could easily change in the future for balancing purposes or just general game functionality.

• Sad 1

Nikita specifically stated that, helmets won't be as realistic as their RL counterparts. There are different Tiers of helmets which will stop bullets. This is a fact accept it and move on, your enjoyment will increase if you accept this fact.

I'm very happy they've chosen to beef up helmets. While helmets in RL have little chance of stopping rifle-calibers, this is much less of an issue because head-shots aren't common. No millitary trains their soldiers to aim for the head, not even snipers. So the large emphasis on head shots are already so unrealistic that I personally have no problem with unrealistic helmets.

With regards to your comment on the tarkov community, I have to dissagree. In my experience, the tarkov community has been among the most mature, friendly communities that I've ever encountered, and it continues to amaze me. While you can get a bad impression from the forum and reddit, you have remember that the people who make rant posts do not make up the majority. Unfortunately people come to the forums to complain much more often than to praise.  

5 hours ago, Lokhi said:

I'm very happy they've chosen to beef up helmets. While helmets in RL have little chance of stopping rifle-calibers, this is much less of an issue because head-shots aren't common. No millitary trains their soldiers to aim for the head, not even snipers. So the large emphasis on head shots are already so unrealistic that I personally have no problem with unrealistic helmets.

We also don't aim with a mouse and move around with a keyboard in the military and get affected by our physical conditions more than a video game will show so you have a moot point.

being screamed at in squad from 10sec in did me in...to this day from release i have like 2 hrs in game lol 

As we've seen from many many other games over the years...mass appeal = quick death.

While more niche games may have a smaller base overall, they have hardcore dedicated players with new ones always slowly coming in.

Look at any game EA has put out over the years, or the many other titles (minus those 1 or 2 random ones such as GTA, etc)...

They stay super popular for a short while, then rapidly die out in a blindingly fast fashion.

Being different IS a good thing. It's what many players truly want - in an age where playing it 'safe' seems to be the only thing larger devs care about. Those instant sales numbers, not long term sales numbers or players.

Regardless of the hot water BSG has gotten into, i'll stand by them as long as they keep true to their vision. 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:31 AM, DarkoTHC said:

I agree, but also feel the need to point out helmets in game are actually beefed up in real life terms almost every helmet will get you killed under tarkov situations it's usually angle of trajectory that play the major survival factor for helmets in the real world in tarkov its still a  factor but the helmets are beefed up much more than the real worlds.

Side Note: BSG have said from the beginning they will always be aiming on making a fun game even at the expense of realism although they fully intend to drive for a hardcore realistic gaming experience so things could easily change in the future for balancing purposes or just general game functionality.

Feel the need to point out my "I agree" part was purely on respect towards the devs work such as with the mosin not to the whole statement above in which I actually disagree; as my whole response was in reply to the small second paragraph. 

I know people have had many high expectations in games and been put down because expectations are hardly met, BSG has done an amazing job and created a masterpiece still improving. I have high hopes for the future and any further games for BSG, I thank them for doing an amazing job!