Sign in to follow this  
War_Born

Combat=FPS Drop

War_Born

First, allow me to state that I like Escape From Tarkov. The games detail to weapon mechanics is outstanding and I really cannot find another game that can hold a candle to it. You have effectively ruined every other shooter game for me Tarkov and I am sure that that is true for many of us (that are still around). The problem I keep having over and over again is that when I enter combat with other players, I will, most times, get dropped frames between 1 and 2 seconds. Now as we know, a fire fight in this game can be over in a second if someone is even a semi-competent player, but it is hard to find a way to keep playing when I'm wondering if I will die to simple lag, rather than just to another players skill or even just plain good old fashioned positioning. Now I do not have some state of the art $5k computer but my rig is very respectable and I don't believe you would want your game to only be played by those that can afford every top of the line gadget and gizmo.

More often than not, I find myself sitting and staring at the character inventory screen piecing together not just one build but several, because I already assume that I will get that "Combat Lag", die, lose my gear and start all over. And I am fine with losing my gear. That's what makes this game so exciting, the chance that you will gain or lose gear while going into raids. Seriously, All those other games that offer only "Skins" as rewards is hilarious. Who cares what your gun looks like? Please let me discover a weird new weapon I have not used yet and run around to my hearts content shooting "all the things" until I eventually get beat down in a respectable, nondiscriminatory way.

Now I have experienced some "Combat Lag" with Computer AI Scavs but it is very rare. I would say that about 70% of my combat with PMC's has had Lag and while I sit there trying to tweak my setting or turning off unnecessary programs, I secretly know that will not help. Even if it did help my game play experience, which it hasn't yet, I don't believe that new players would be attracted to the idea of having to jump through hoops just to enjoy the game.

This game should be at the pinnacle of Multiplayer Shooters. This game should have tournaments worldwide and be on every gamers mind when trying out a new shooter based game. But it won't be because the problems that have plagued players since the launch of closed Alpha are still being dealt with by players today. Please trust me when I say we want this game to succeed. A lot of us are hoping that this problem can be fixed because believe it or not, it's a hard sell to get your average casual gamer to enjoy a game where they might lose everything they have. You can fight that "Gear Fear" by making an exceptionally outstanding online shooter with amazing attention to detail and you got that but the Tonka Truck Tons but the lag is the deal breaker for most. Players can't tell if they are improving when they die or their opponents die to simple lag.

So Scav runs it is. Did you know that I almost always start off my day with a Scav run just to see how laggy the servers are? And if I hit a particular bad streak in PMC runs with the "combat lag" I will just resort to running scavs until I get bored and try something else or just turn off the game. It's annoying to see a game being streamed and wanting to play it after a few moments but it is extremely difficult to sit here playing "Tarkov Tetris" (The Character Inventory Screen) wondering if I should risk my gear just to die to lag.

I don't really have any questions. I don't know a thing about hackers and d-syncs. I don't think fiddling with my computer anymore will make the game play any better. I have played several games on my computer and have never had this kind of problem, so I don't think it's on my end. I just wanted you to know that we want to play your game. I don't know how many of us will hold out until it can be fixed. I know that some have not dealt with this problem as severely as others and that there are  hundreds of tips and trick to help with "memory leak" but really, all that stuff is Latin to me (meaning I don't get it). We are rooting for ya. Good fortunes in your endeavors.

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: The game is not released yet, we are aware and have addressed the technical issues many times. We are going to switch over to the newest Unity which should take care of a lot of things. Just so you're aware, this is not a casual game in any sense. It will not be meant for competitive gaming outside of, possibly, the Arena Mode which is not implemented yet.

What you are playing is a test. It is for the technical foundations of a story based objective game. (This info is readily available) You will start with one unlocked map, and you will have to complete the story objective and survive to unlock the next map. The next one will be progressively harder and after unlocking all 10, you escape Tarkov and unlock free roam mode. This is 16sqkm for up to 64 players with no time or loading screens.

The work done now is to make this the pinnacle of hardcore games.