sleava

To Those Doing the "Setup" Quest....

sleava

I think I have found the perfect clip to reflect the suffering that we have to endure to complete this quest XD
Wrong gun, but more or less the same experience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Waffles174

Pretty accurate, this quest blows.

JonnyBnator

This is indeed spot-on. :beoops:

Unfragable

Quests in tarkov are all poo, but this one tops all except from ''shooter born in heaven''.

I haven't got good fun from any quest at all, but with this it's only frustration and hatred

Phoenixsui

Doing this quest now for weeks. After every 5 trys i refuse to continue it for some days. Shotguns on Players seem totally broken for me. Scavs die 1 shot while Players keep surviving 8+ bullets. And not to mention the ushanka i have to wear so i cant hear steps over 10m away and cant find players with sound. It is the most frustrating Task and in my eyes is frustrating and no fun. I could understand this as the first Task after a wipe when players dont run with lvl4+ armor or at least let us wear faceprotection. Cant count the amount of times i unloaded into someones legs anymore and the endscreen tells me i did 100-200dmg from which most was on scavs before. If i remember correct, my bullets should deal 250+dmg per shot on flesh. I am really frustrated agai nwith this Task and i think it Needs a Change next wipe. Same for the Task to kill 7 pms with a mosin below 15m which makes 0 sence. I would choose every other weapon to do that except for melee.

Man oh man... back to the Task. 4 more kills to go.

sleava

@Phoenixsui

My advice for this.

-Stay mobile and quick: being able to move quickly lets you sneak in on firefights, even when running.
-Stick to the central area with the tanker and sniper scav. You can go in and out easily in all directions, and there is lots of cover and turns.
-Avoid buildings. You will be outgunned in any hallway
-Use RIP slugs. Some range does not hurt. With 8 shots in an MP-153, you need get only 2 shots on an unprotected area.
-Try to keep scavs alive. They act as distractions, and alarms. If you get good at it, you can actually run around the mentioned central area without alerting them.

Dusty747

do any of the quests not suck? there isn't any real mechanics in the game to support anything other than pvp or pvp and loot. 

• Like 1

Phoenixsui
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Dusty747:

do any of the quests not suck? there isn't any real mechanics in the game to support anything other than pvp or pvp and loot. 

I like the rest of the Tasks. But those 2 are suicide missions.

Phoenixsui
vor 5 Stunden schrieb sleava:

-Stay mobile and quick: being able to move quickly lets you sneak in on firefights, even when running.
-Stick to the central area with the tanker and sniper scav. You can go in and out easily in all directions, and there is lots of cover and turns.
-Avoid buildings. You will be outgunned in any hallway
-Use RIP slugs. Some range does not hurt. With 8 shots in an MP-153, you need get only 2 shots on an unprotected area.
-Try to keep scavs alive. They act as distractions, and alarms. If you get good at it, you can actually run around the mentioned central area without alerting them.

Tried all this but nothing helps when shots seem to not connect with the players for some reason. I didnt figure out if i missed or shots between their legs or desync or what ever caused it. Highlights didnt record it all so i couldnt save it and analyze it.

The amount of faceshots i got while not allowed to wear a helmet was also very annoying. I like to play for survival and then this kind of tasks dont allow to protect myself and combined with strange behavior of shotgun with slugs and only 8 shots max. and slow reload hard to Interrupt. I have to die over and over and over again. For me no player died in 2 shots. Not even hatchlings in the chest but interestingly scavs almost always with one bullet.

Finally finished it yesterday and never ever will touch this gun again late in a wipe. I hope this task will change. If not i will propably ignore it in the future. I already ignore the 15m kill task with the mosin. I dont see the fun in running up to a Player in suicidal way, knowing if the first shot misses i am dead. Of Course i could go factory and taking a mosin as second gun and hoping for hathclings and otherwise kill with assault Rifles, but that just doesnt feel satisfying.

So my feedback to this task is allow headprotection or allow headphones under the ushanka. (Is this impossible in reallife?)

Flavalicious

I dont even think the problem is with the quest, the problem is WHEN the quest takes place.   More then anything they need to shuffle these tasks.  

Beginning of the wipe its nothing but customs for like 10 missions, so the servers are just crammed and everyones running to the same half a dozen spots and its a complete poo show.  

Then its all interchange for like 10 quests.  Then shoreline for 10 quests.  Then you go to woods like twice.  Then back to customs, interchange, shoreline.  In these little "waves" where your grinding the same crappy map, doing the same crappy grind over and over.  And the longer it takes you to get to them, the lower the player population gets, and then some of them just bog right out.

Middle of punisher 4, which i BARELY got done last wipe before shoreline was a ghost town, this wipe i started like 3 weeks late and ive been 4/15 for over a week on my PMC kills.  Running right to resort, firing blindly into the air, running through hallways spamming F1 and nothing.  lol. 

Then we got the find in raid requirement, which is nice for SOME things and cancer for others.  But like ive been 5 out of 7 wilson cigarettes for like 2 months now.  lol.   Some of these requirements are just out right stupid.  

Hardest part of this wipe has been playing with friends.  How do you play with your buddies when you each need 50 scav kills on customs using a POS rifle?  Basically forced to solo it, which would be fine, solo play is nice, solo play also gives people who always solo play a fighting chance, but with the current structure you cant just ignore that quest and do something else, because it bottle necks everything else down the line you need to unlock.  If tasks are going to have such strict requirements to complete, they need to allow you to take on a few more of them at anyone time.   Sort of like how Ragman will give you like 9 tasks at once, do them in whatever order when you can. 

Arzzet

Struggling with this one for days now...

snowz000r

This task is hot garbage.  Try making these tasks fun, devs.  Thanks.

Hamm

All the tasks they have added/changed are retarded. you shouldnt force people to use X weapon to kill X scavs or you have to wear X and X to kill X scavs. poo is fu cking retarded. use a pistol to kill 6 pmcs? get out of here with thats trash 

they need to fire the entire team and start from scratch

Vodor
14 hours ago, Hamm said:

All the tasks they have added/changed are retarded. you shouldnt force people to use X weapon to kill X scavs or you have to wear X and X to kill X scavs. poo is fu cking retarded. use a pistol to kill 6 pmcs? get out of here with thats trash 

they need to fire the entire team and start from scratch

Lol

Did make me laugh, I was thinking the same until I read the story quests that are part of it. Then I was all, meh spose I can comply.