Headset for Tarkov

Whaletorsk

Hello Tarkov forum, i need some input into wich headset (hardware for pc, no comtacs, sordins etc here ;)) that also would work nice in Escape from Tarkov?

Looking at some studio headphones and the ones that catched my interest so far are the: "Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 32" Ohm and the "Audio Technica ATH-MSR7".

Do you have any other recommendations or do you yourseld rock any of theese headphones?

Best regards,
Greetings from Sweden <3

Dos not matter. they have not made sound directions work yet. For me all the sounds, sounds like they are in my head, besides from my own footsteps that sounds like they coming from behind me .

But i be rockin some Trust Hawk 7.1 GXT363 Vibrations.  The sound is great  with nice heavy bass i can feel when i shoot the big DAKA DAKA.

Greeting from Denmark

• Thanks 1

As stated above - the sound right now is a WiP.

With the next patch we expect some improvements, but later on Steam Audio should be implemented for a complete audio experience in Tarkov.

As far as the headsets themselves go, I'd look into Sennheiser. Top notch stuff.

• Upvote 1

I got the DT 770 Pros myself, but please don't buy the low impedance ones, go for at least the 80 Ohms and get an amp. With that, you'll get amazing audio quality that no "gaming" headset comes close to in my opinion. Be aware that they are configured for a balanced audio profile, meaning the Bass will be a bit flat if you're used to gaming equiptment, but you can change that through an equalizer (windows has a build in option for that as well).

If you got a good amplifier, go with the high impedance model (I believe it's 250 Ohms). Avoid the low impedance (32 ohms) like the pest :P

• Thanks 1

Dang, it really matters that much (between the 32 and 80 ohms)?

is it the quality of sound that gets reduced with lower imp (and no DAC) when using directly into the 3.5mm?

40 minutes ago, Sothasil said:

I got the DT 770 Pros myself, but please don't buy the low impedance ones, go for at least the 80 Ohms and get an amp. With that, you'll get amazing audio quality that no "gaming" headset comes close to in my opinion. Be aware that they are configured for a balanced audio profile, meaning the Bass will be a bit flat if you're used to gaming equiptment, but you can change that through an equalizer (windows has a build in option for that as well).

If you got a good amplifier, go with the high impedance model (I believe it's 250 Ohms). Avoid the low impedance (32 ohms) like the pest :P

Is the 80 ohm version able to run without an amp? i feel like for example my old Sennheisers (that were 50 ohms) ran absolutely fine just plugged into the 3.5 mm jack? :)

DanExert

Stay away from anything that says ‘gaming’ or ‘surround’

A good set of stereo, studio headphones will do a great job at delivering high quality audio you can trust. BeyerDynamic are great, Audio Technica and Sennheiser are well known names too.

An entry level USB audio interface will help you get the most out of your new headphones also. Try the Scarlet Solo for a compact solution 

The difference between 32 Ohm and 80 Ohm is pretty big, yes, and you will need an amp with 80 Ohm or you might not be able to go to full volume (really depends on your soundchip).

Don't get me wrong, you CAN use 80 Ohm headphones without an amp, the Volume will just be limitted.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, DanExert said:

Stay away from anything that says ‘gaming’ or ‘surround’

A good set of stereo, studio headphones will do a great job at delivering high quality audio you can trust. BeyerDynamic are great, Audio Technica and Sennheiser are well known names too.

An entry level USB audio interface will help you get the most out of your new headphones also. Try the Scarlet Solo for a compact solution 

false information underlined. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYZZUDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1

great headset

DanExert
3 hours ago, Hamm said:

Paying $300 for $100 worth of hardware is hardly "great" but most of your posts on the forum are questionable to be fair  

Half the price and double the quality: https://www.amazon.com/d/Headphones/beyerdynamic-Over-Ear-Studio-Headphones-construction/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1550629570&amp;sr=1-3&amp;keywords=beyerdynamic+dt990+pro

Overall Ive had great results with Sennheiser. For Tarkov i use my 558s due to tighter bass and great positional audio. One thing i will say I also own a pair of Sennheiser 6XXs these are your 300+ ohm audiophile style headphones. The sound is outstanding for music but terrible for gaming as the bass is subdued and the positional audio is all out of wack. So just keep in mind higher prices dont give you a better edge. (speaking from experience) :)

11 hours ago, DanExert said:

Paying $300 for $100 worth of hardware is hardly "great" but most of your posts on the forum are questionable to be fair  

Half the price and double the quality: https://www.amazon.com/d/Headphones/beyerdynamic-Over-Ear-Studio-Headphones-construction/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1550629570&amp;sr=1-3&amp;keywords=beyerdynamic+dt990+pro

i mean if your a broke boy sure go with those, but if youre willing to spend the money and you got money to spend, go with my choice...want to talk about forum posts? sorry i dont d ride and i speak the truth about everything. 

DanExert
50 minutes ago, Hamm said:

i mean if your a broke boy sure go with those, but if youre willing to spend the money and you got money to spend, go with my choice...want to talk about forum posts? sorry i dont d ride and i speak the truth about everything. 

So your logic is 'spend more money even if the product is inferior, just because you can'

You're a real character dude that's for sure

• 1 year later...
Marlon2106

Hi, I currently have an ath ad700x with a fiio k3. I'm looking for closed-back headphones because noise doesn't allow me to use open-back headphones. I can afford a dt 770 pro 80ohm, Audio-Technica ATH-G1, Sennheiser HD569, and Audio-Technica ATH-SR50.
I have modmic uni.

Which would be better?

Edited by Marlon2106
InsightKnight

When you get a chance check out this video by Veritas. It is an excellent resource for new players trying to understand Tarkov sound: