TheColdVein

NIKILEAKS Q&A: 2/22/2019

TheColdVein

Hello, Citizens of Tarkov!

We would like to continue our initiative of gathering various questions that have been answered by Nikita. We believe it will be helpful to the community, and all new Citizens. Previous Q & A are gathered into the Mega Thread, which can be found HERE.

Q: Will we be getting the MTS-255 Revolver Shotgun in the future? 

A: Yes. 

Q: Car alarms and Winter maps? 

A: Cars are mostly dead due to Blue Fire (EMP) incident. Some cars can be repaired, as 

well as generators, parts of substations. Also not all of the electrical devices was burned 

with EMP. Winter will come in one of the DLCs.  

Q: Tags on mags? 

A: There will be something like that. 

Q: What happened to the police in tarkov? 

A: Police mostly got evacuated, remaining part gone rogue became scavs. Very small part 

stayed on self-duty in the city, decided to help lost people and fight with scavs. Reshala's 

guards are ex-police, they wear DPS jackets. 

Q: Any chance we'll get a pve mode with progression with a completely isolated, 

offline stash in the future? 

A: I’m afraid not. 

Q: Will we get the G36? 

A: G36 is planned for sure. 

Q: Will we maybe get the ORSIS T-5000? 

A: Yes. 

Q: Will we be seeing improvements to the grass? 

A: Grass will be redone. Different shaders, different textures 

Q: When will be see player customization? 

A: Customization in 0.12 

photo_2019-02-05_04-20-31.jpg

TRANSLATIONS:

• Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @Al3xandr3_EFTPT
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our French Emissary @titi4600
  • Chinese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Chinese Emissary @DarKdeZ
  • German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our German Moderator @ningamertendo
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Spanish Emissary @NoisyCosmos
  • Greek translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Greek Emissary @FireFistAceGR
  • Korean translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Korean Emissary @lih2677
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

Tower21

Nice I'm gad to see the Orsis T5000 comming in.  I hope we get him and the DSR-1 soonish. (maybe within 6month? :D) 

VNTN

with character customization you mean face and clothes or just face? 

• Upvote 1

DanExert
6 hours ago, TheColdVein said:

Q: When will be see player customization? 

A: Customization in 0.12 

Finally :D 

These updates can’t come quick enough, can’t wait for the next batch of Q&A

Pezzo1
8 hours ago, VNTN said:

It will be mostly clothes if I recall correctly

ShiroTenshi
10 hours ago, VNTN said:

From what has been said, Customization will be divided into 2 sections. Face, Upper Clothing and Lower Clothing. It will not be too in depth, you will only be able to choose from pre-generated presets. But each section will have multiple sets.

10 hours ago, VNTN said:

WHY NO PVE SEPARATE STASH come on man

Not what EFT is about, i'm afraid.

Black_Tiger

Atleast he addressed it. Sad. Would've been nice for their player base. Oh well, can't have everything.

P.S: Here's an idea to combat gear fear. How about for the first  "X" number of levels the player doesn't lose anything when they die. This way, they learn the ropes and don't rage quit when they lose their gear. Since you're not going to implement PvE mode, atleast consider this.

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Natalino
3 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

P.S: Here's an idea to combat gear fear. How about for the first  "X" number of levels the player doesn't lose anything when they die. This way, they learn the ropes and don't rage quit when they lose their gear. Since you're not going to implement PvE mode, atleast consider this.

No, sorry. That is not what EFT is. 

Also, PVE mode was never a thing. EFT is an online game. The offline mode is already present and that is pretty much how it will be like. Also, I think you misunderstand what was said. Nikita said "no" to being able to have a separate stash and progression for PVE/offline mode. That was always answered as a "no". But the current offline mode will be staying as it is with an addition of group up with your friends in offline mode. However, you will not lose gear nor gain gear in this mode (same as now). That is what he was saying. It was just a short answer and I can see how you could be confused if you do not know the idea behind what the offline mode is and will be from the info provided in the past. 

DaDorn666

https://www.facebook.com/escapefromtarkov/posts/dear-friends-we-are-pleased-to-present-you-with-a-transcript-of-an-interview-wit/1729563380671308/

GREAT Q AND A from the bookface

and 2 the people stating singleplayer.. that is r2028 go read about it please.. that's why tarkov will not have a singleplayer mode.. eft is the multiplayer aspect of this universe!

ALL HAIL @trainfender

Edited by DaDorn666

tobiassolem
23 hours ago, VNTN said:

WHY NO PVE SEPARATE STASH come on man

This is not that type of game. This is a multiplayer PvP-game.

Black_Tiger
9 hours ago, Natalino said:

Also, PVE mode was never a thing. EFT is an online game. The offline mode is already present and that is pretty much how it will be like. Also, I think you misunderstand what was said. Nikita said "no" to being able to have a separate stash and progression for PVE/offline mode. That was always answered as a "no". But the current offline mode will be staying as it is with an addition of group up with your friends in offline mode. However, you will not lose gear nor gain gear in this mode (same as now). That is what he was saying. It was just a short answer and I can see how you could be confused if you do not know the idea behind what the offline mode is and will be from the info provided in the past. 

Yeah, things are a little confusing at first, I was especially confused on how the Scav and PMC system worked. Took a bit to understand it. Anyway, I think I'm getting the grasp of things now, on the game and also on the community. I appreciate you taking to time to clear my doubt on the whole PvE system. Good luck with the game development. I think I'll just wait for the game to release and play it then.

8 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

This is not that type of game. This is a multiplayer PvP-game.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and reaction to my earlier post. I appreciate it greatly and I'm sure the developers do too. Good luck on your raids, not that a 1337 player such as yourself needs it. :-)

Pucker
19 hours ago, Natalino said:

I'm not personally dying for offline progression, but that is unfortunate for some people. Not everyone has an internet connection that can support online play. In my opinion that's unfair to those that would like to progress tasks and level up but are unable to have a pleasant online experience due to bandwidth restrictions. Love the game btw, just hit 40 the other day!

• Like 1

Natalino
2 hours ago, Pucker said:

I'm not personally dying for offline progression, but that is unfortunate for some people. Not everyone has an internet connection that can support online play. In my opinion that's unfair to those that would like to progress tasks and level up but are unable to have a pleasant online experience due to bandwidth restrictions. Love the game btw, just hit 40 the other day!

I get that. But the simple answer would be, EFT is not for them. Same as other online games. 

FireFistAceGR

Also, PVE mode was never a thing. EFT is an online game. The offline mode is already present and that is pretty much how it will be like. Also, I think you misunderstand what was said. Nikita said "no" to being able to have a separate stash and progression for PVE/offline mode. That was always answered as a "no". But the current offline mode will be staying as it is with an addition of group up with your friends in offline mode. However, you will not lose gear nor gain gear in this mode (same as now). That is what he was saying. It was just a short answer and I can see how you could be confused if you do not know the idea behind what the offline mode is and will be from the info provided in the past. 

And as it was spoken before like alpha or on the release of the beta offline it wasnt meant to be for ever as it is to help devs and Nikkita to find out bugs from other players reporting to them 

Edited by FireFistAceGR
  • Upvote 1

Trolliver

Pve seperate stash, combat gear fear OMEGALUL :O

Blessus

I’m glad that I didn’t bought this game. I’m not giving my money to die and ppl scavenger u and take free loot in meanwhile other just waiting for u. It’s same problem in division dark zone. I love game concept realism warfare with quest. Doh when u are new to the game and get kill and will not have a chance to make ur mission done. Feelbadman. I know the games aren’t constructied for Pve but when pvp is unbalanced only ppl who will enjoy are those who are devoted to the game or have good stuff or are good on pvp FPS games. I will wait until the day comes u can rent server or make pve mode. But thx for ur answer now I know. :)

Jjmotox

A nice feature would be like a battle royal mode or something similar and also make the display of how much ammo is in a mag shortly after he take the mag out of the gun since it takes time to look at the mag and determine how many bullets are in it 

Edited by Jjmotox
  • Sad 3

DaDorn666
22 hours ago, Pucker said:

So escape from tarkov is an online mmofps rpg… it is not meant to have single player.. now nikita was working on Russia 2028 which was a singleplayer fpsrpg… but was to massive in scope for them to do.. so r2028 is frozen in development... eventually they got funding and more people and they started working on EFT from what I recall the money they make from EFT will go to the development of russia2028.. just look it up 

7 hours ago, Jjmotox said:

A nice feature would be like a battle royal mode or something similar and also make the display of how much ammo is in a mag shortly after he take the mag out of the gun since it takes time to look at the mag and determine how many bullets are in it 

there will never be a battle royal mode for this game.. Now there will be a mode called ARENA which will be like team deathmatch and CTF with rankings and stats.. but not a lot of info has been set in stone about it yet.

DaDorn666
9 hours ago, Blessus said:

I’m glad that I didn’t bought this game. I’m not giving my money to die and ppl scavenger u and take free loot in meanwhile other just waiting for u. It’s same problem in division dark zone. I love game concept realism warfare with quest. Doh when u are new to the game and get kill and will not have a chance to make ur mission done. Feelbadman. I know the games aren’t constructied for Pve but when pvp is unbalanced only ppl who will enjoy are those who are devoted to the game or have good stuff or are good on pvp FPS games. I will wait until the day comes u can rent server or make pve mode. But thx for ur answer now I know. :)

yes EFT is not built to be a PvE game.. now if you refer up in my message nikita was making r2028 which is singleplayer EFT but is frozen in development right now.. go look it up and hopefully this will come after!

Asterix_von_TWC

Would it not be useful to have a big working table (that has to remain always clean) between your character screen and stash (from menu). Currently managing a full inventory is a fun challenge but could be better!?

Wouldn't it be fun to include throwing knives? Rifle grenades left over from WW2?

KimiFelipe

I am already an EFT player, but I still expect OBT. OBT is a good opportunity for more people to experience this game. Is this coming soon? Same or after 0.12?

SpetsRu
On 2/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, Natalino said:

I hope that is true, as just to be able to play with friends and kill some scavs without gain or lose would bring many more people in. Even my wife said she would be willing to play with me. Now that is a whole new crowd! Keep up the great work Nikita, in Nikita we trust......