TheStonedGoon

corrupted game download

TheStonedGoon

every single time i try to install tarkov i get either an "illegal character in name",  "check sum" or some other trash error and then i tried the damn work around and everytime i try it my file is corrupted when i download it, no matter what i always get a corrupt file, even the launcher i try downloading says its corrupt. 

! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\adrai\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa11260.6819\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\sharedassets57.assets.resS. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\adrai\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa11260.6819\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\sharedassets6.assets.resS. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\adrai\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa11260.6819\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\sharedassets7.assets.resS. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa11260.6819\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\StreamingAssets\Windows\assets\content\items\mods\magazines\mag_saiga12_pro_mag_sai_02_12x76_10.bundle. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa11260.6819\EscapeFromTarkov_Data\StreamingAssets\Windows\assets\content\weapons\mp7\textures\client_assets.bundle. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Desktop\Client.0.11.2.2680.zip: The archive is corrupt

NoisyCosmos

@TheStonedGoon,

Did you try to open the launcher with admin rights? Despite that, It'd be a good idea if you delete the game and folders and then reinstall. If you still have that problem after all, you should send a ticket to Support through the launcher with all those error messages. That's all I can offer right now. Good luck mate.

Cheers.

TheStonedGoon
1 minute ago, NoisyCosmos said:

@TheStonedGoon,

Did you try to open the launcher with admin rights? Despite that, It'd be a good idea if you delete the game and folders and then reinstall. If you still have that problem after all, you should send a ticket to Support through the launcher with all those error messages. That's all I can offer right now. Good luck mate.

Cheers.

i have tried to full uninstall, documents, appdata, anything related to bsg or tarkov fully and left nothing. its just frustrating since it was fine a few days ago, thanks for the suggestion. im in the process of installing just the files on my laptop to see if they're corrupted too  if they aren't i'll just copy to my pc.

NoisyCosmos

Have you tried disabling firewall or antivirus?

TheStonedGoon
10 minutes ago, NoisyCosmos said:

Have you tried disabling firewall or antivirus?

yes and still nothing, it installed fine on my laptop so i don't know whats wrong but im assuming its just my end, i'm gonna see if copying both the launcher files and the game files fixes anything.

NoisyCosmos

@TheStonedGoon

Please, if it doesn't work, contact Support. They will handle.

TheStonedGoon
15 minutes ago, NoisyCosmos said:

@TheStonedGoon

Please, if it doesn't work, contact Support. They will handle.

copying both the launcher files and the game files from the laptop worked, thanks for the help, still a little weird that the launcher and installer were both corrupted though but it's over with, hope you have a nice day :)

• Upvote 1

tarkov_trader

Are you downloading on a Wifi connection? If so, hard wire and try again.

Bsbrown55
On 2/25/2019 at 4:58 PM, TheStonedGoon said:

copying both the launcher files and the game files from the laptop worked, thanks for the help, still a little weird that the launcher and installer were both corrupted though but it's over with, hope you have a nice day :)

Hey im having the same problem could you help me please my discord is Bsbrown55#1242

MatroxMil

So yeah, this is also still an issue here for me - interestingly enough it only happens on my notebook (MSI GT72VR) my desktop has zero problems, never had and continues to download every update flawlessly. When I try to update my installation on the above mentioned notebook I ALWAYS get the inconsistency errors as described by the OP. I even have to uninstall EfT and then reinstall it from scratch and it will come up with several alerts during the download which will eventually cease by reytrying to download the .zip files repeatedly. 

This issue is really strange since it seems to be connected to a certain hardware (and maybe the associated drivers) that is being used. Had trouble in the past with Killer network drivers, anyone affected using these as well?