KillerproXTR

You'll need a new app to open this about popup doesnt let me on the games

KillerproXTR

So basically as soon as i open the launcher to log in a popup comes up saying 'Youll need a new app to open this about' and it doesnt go away it isnt a virus popup it is one from windows and i dont know what i have to do to make it work. I spent £37 on this game and i kind of want to play it!

Capture.PNG

smokey-phil

Are your windows updates up to date?

The other one i can think of would (re)install Microsoft edge (as in add/remove programmes it and then download it fresh again) again as i guess the launcher might use some of it to open web pages or something.

Worst comes to worst a reinstall of windows should fix this

KillerproXTR
20 hours ago, smokey-phil said:

Are your windows updates up to date?

The other one i can think of would (re)install Microsoft edge (as in add/remove programmes it and then download it fresh again) again as i guess the launcher might use some of it to open web pages or something.

Worst comes to worst a reinstall of windows should fix this

Maybe it's because I haven't activated Windows if I activated it would that fix it? And I swear that you can't reinstall Microsoft edge if so how? Thanks.

8mob8

im not 100 percent sure in every case but ive never had a non activated windows conflict with a game

im guessing its some kinda Visual C++ downloads or something...if u reinstalled windows recently u could try again but may also wanna try running the windows updater thingy and or downloading the latest c++ 

Xarc

@KillerproXTR You can try to reset your windows file associations.

KillerproXTR

@XarcSo you think if I reset my Windows file associations it will get rid of the problem?

@8mob8Im currently away right now so I will try your suggestion when I get back I will let you know if it works or if it doesnt. Thanks 

Xarc
12 minutes ago, KillerproXTR said:

So you think if I reset my Windows file associations it will get rid of the problem?

It might solve your problem but I'm not 100% sure .

KillerproXTR
7 minutes ago, Xarc said:

It might solve your problem but I'm not 100% sure .

Okay i will try it when I get back