For when Offline multiplayer happens

Jennacide

So when the ability to invite players to offline games rolls around
This game has a lot of clip worthy moments, and to discourage fake clips I think in offline there should be a text "Offline" next to the version in the lower left corner.

12 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

Nikita literally said there will be no such thing.

This is an online pvp game.

Nikita also literally said there will be offline co-op with no progress so please, check your info, it's dated.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, Natalino said:

In the future, there will be the possibility to group up in offline mode to try out things. However, nothing will save over out of offline mode just like how it is now.

The most recent mention of offline co-op from 1 month ago.

Edited by OneTrueLizardo

42 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

Q: Any chance we'll get a pve mode with progression with a completely isolated, 

offline stash in the future? 

A: I’m afraid not.

Exactly what I said, lol.

Edit: if you are still somehow confused let me draw it in crayons:

There will be offline co-op which is just like the offline mode we have now, except with friends, no quest progression, no loot lost or gained.

Edited by OneTrueLizardo
  • Upvote 2

As to the ORIGINAL post:

Offline watermark on lower corner would not be bad. I don't see "fake clips" being a problem but would make it much easier to discern real pvp experiences from staged. But tbf you can still stage "cool clips" in online just the same.

1 hour ago, Tr4wnet said:

Q: Any chance we'll get a pve mode with progression with a completely isolated, 

offline stash in the future? 

A: I’m afraid not.

The Q&A you linked only applies to the progresssion part that people asked about, but there will be no progression/rewards/seperate stash for said offline mode (maybe a stats screen purely for your offline raids?).

But other than that, the off-line co-op mode is confirmed to happen. You can find it in below post under General important points from the Stream. Taken from the podcast hosted by FairTX with Nikita and a few others.

A short recap from this podcast for the people who missed this one. Off line co-op mode is mentioned at 8:08.

And I agree with @Jennacide, a watermark is a good idea, because this will not be a complete representation of the full game. A small text in one of the corners would be fine.

• 1 year later...

Literally, the game is full of hackers and if you don't allow us to play without each server being littered with cheaters, we're all going to leave.  Figure it out already, I lost 20 mil running labs and ran into speed hackers 40% of the time.  Who knows if there were more, these were just blatantly obvious.  Reserve, shoreline, labs, extract camping rats with no life and auto aim.  We don't need more content, we need you to STOP the Cheaters.

Try playing on asian server i cant run labs its hacker vs hacker and other map is 70% hacker. Only way to get out of raid is the hacker run out of ammo. Developers please stop this madness before adding new guns.

Edited by panawish

• 1 year later...

about a year ago me and about 10 friends completely stooped playing this game bc of the hackers, 8 of us have never came back to this game once. one player modded offline only, and the last friend picks up the game to play online once or twice a week. i know the haters and fanboys will talk there trash but most of us will never play PVP again, it is absolutely saturated with hackers and renders this game unplayable. so untill there player base drops to nothing (the next better game comes out) there not going to push for offline co-op....
i get it , online is super fun, at first, then the pubg hack fest rolled on to EFT. its so sad, its not the dev's fault but they need to do one of  two things. allow offline co-op or allow user created and maintained servers.
if user created servers then the server admin needs to be able to password protect there server.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally don't care about offline with co-op (it would be far too easy). I just want offline singleplayer with progression.
There's already ways to do this but an official version would be ideal.

I've stopped playing at level 10 because of how unfair and unbalanced pvp is for new players. In addition to cheaters, being locked out of flea market, and knowing there are still account wipes looming..
I might pick the game up again after release, if they stop wiping.

I agree - hackers are the number one issue with this game at the moment. 

Offline co-op - I think'll be great, especially for those that are dissatisfied with online PvP - it'll give everyone a way to do fair balanced PvP with friends.  I think it'll be a blast.  Can all go out do a pistol round, sniping round, meet and gun things out at fortress. :)