TheWay

"BSG: Behind the Beta" podcast summary

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

We created a summary of the "BSG: Behind the Beta" podcast that was hosted by Pestily on his channel, guests on the podcast were Nikita Buyanov and Veritas.

The podcast is also available as a VOD on Pestily's Twitch channel - twitch.tv/pestily

• There were no leaks shared during the podcast, as Nikita said this podcast was focused on talking about the BattleState Games, Nikita and the things around the creation of the Escape From Tarkov
  • Developers are focused on fixes, during the podcast the 0.11.5.2821 hotfix was installed, all the issues are being addressed
  • The 0.11.7 patch is being prepared it will come with some content, new weapons and more fixes
  • 0.12 will be a very big patch, no exact date

• Nikita always loved the games, like Half-Life and Counter strike, he was creating game modifications with his friend for many games, like Half-Life, Morrowind and Counter Strike, they even got invited by a company in Moscow to take part in game development, it was during the end of his mid-school, there were no schools teaching game development back then in Russia, Nikita learned it all by himself. Then Nikita had to go to the university to study, that is why he had a break in game development. After that Nikita started to work as a web designer, but he always wanted to create games, that is why he started to go in this direction, then the idea of Russia 2028 came up and Nikita together with his friend decided to create Contract Wars browser based FPS. They started to make this game in 5 man team from scratch, without any outside support.
  • Nikita’s dream is to create a big single player, story-driven, open world game with cinematics, because that is what Nikita always loved in games.
  • With Escape From Tarkov the whole team is still learning new things
  • Community is a really big part of Escape From Tarkov, team is listening to ideas from the community and discussing them, many features were invented thanks to the community
  • Developers have a solid vision for the Escape From Tarkov and are working towards it

• Free roam mode is still planned for Escape From Tarkov, all the maps will be connected in one piece, it is a big and complex task for the Dev team
  • Nikita has a great expectations for the new Unity engine version, migration to the Unity 2018 is planned for the 0.12 patch
  • There will be graphical overhaul in the game before the release
  • There is a testing team that is testing the game features, then it comes to the game and is tested by the community, as Nikita said community is really big part in testing and every feedback/report is very helpful
  • As Nikita said, developers could give all the features to the players, but it wouldn’t be a really test, everything needs to be tested in a correct order
  • The next wipe will be in 0.11.7 patch, another wipe will come with the 0.12 patch
  • Nikita didn’t say no to the offline testing environment idea, but at the moment Developers are having other important priorities
  • There will be a shooting range in the hideout, also Developers are working on better sniper gameplay, Nikita talked also about an idea of going into a simulator through the laptop in the hideout, so for example you could test your rifles
  • BattleState Games team is around 100 people, in various departments
  • Nikita is playing Escape From Tarkov from time to time, but he will fully play it after release, as he said it is not an opened book for him yet, but he is watching many videos/streams and he is gathering information during it
  • Public bugtracker was also discussed, Nikita didn’t say no to it, but as he said it could be misunderstood and misused by some people
  • Steam audio is planned for the 0.12 patch, but it could be shifted
  • Developers team keeps working on a Anti-Cheat, it is constantly updated and it will be reinforced, fight with cheaters is a constant battle, there will be also a players report function soon
  • Developers know what is causing desync issues and are working on fixing it
  • VOIP is planned for the 0.12 patch
  • 0.12 will be the biggest patch ever
  • BattleState Games might come to Gamescom this year, but it is not yet decided
  • Military Base will come with the 0.12 patch, Developers are working on multiple new maps at the same time

TRANSLATIONS:

• Chinese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Chinese Emissary @DarKdeZ
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Spanish Emissary @NoisyCosmos
  • Korean translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Korean Emissary @lih2677
  • German translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our German Moderators @ningamertendo and @Drombal
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @Al3xandr3_EFTPT
  • Czech translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Czech Community member @Miovann

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 3

Madiakz

Thanks! Can't wait for 0.12! Sounds awesome!

Benshi84

I've read this with Nikita's voice :begreat:

dez1nd

Say goodbye to 0.12 in 2019. See you next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Madiakz
20 minutes ago, dez1nd said:

Say goodbye to 0.12 in 2019. See you next year.

Why? Have I missed something?

dez1nd
3 hours ago, TheWay said:
  • 0.12 will be a very big patch, no exact date
  • Nikita has a great expectations for the new Unity engine version, migration to the Unity 2018 is planned for the 0.12 patch
  • The next wipe will be in 0.11.7 patch, another wipe will come with the 0.12 patch

With experience with BSG work you can consider that in year 2019 will be only one WIPE.

Igor_Saizew

Nice Nice Nice - after the Eroktic thing i start to love Nikita again

Igor Saizew (lvl 56, 960 raids ;) )

Edited by Igor_Saizew

Niewiarygodny
5 hours ago, dez1nd said:

With experience with BSG work you can consider that in year 2019 will be only one WIPE

Thats not true at all. 
11.7 was meant to not have wipe, but after community feedback, they added wipe there, u can see in last informations that it was something like -> (Patch 11.7 might have a wipe but 12 patch will have it for 100%)
12 patch had wipe planned for 100% since they wanted check how ppl will progress with their hideouts.

So i belive, or i want to belive that 12 patch will appear faster than we think.

• Sad 1

ghostZ06

im curious about what happened to the ACR rifle? i thought that gun was finished awhile back.

dez1nd
8 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Thats not true at all. 
11.7 was meant to not have wipe, but after community feedback, they added wipe there, u can see in last informations that it was something like -> (Patch 11.7 might have a wipe but 12 patch will have it for 100%)
12 patch had wipe planned for 100% since they wanted check how ppl will progress with their hideouts.

So i belive, or i want to belive that 12 patch will appear faster than we think.

You didnt understood me. I meant that in 2019 will be only one wipe with patch 0.11.7. Next wipe with 0.12 will be in 2020

• Cold 1

keyciraptor

soooooooo, even nikita is not playing or not playing anymore that crap xD  sry but i have to say, it would have wonder me when bsg did once finish what they startet^^

• Sad 2

RAC-W
20 hours ago, TheWay said:

There will be graphical overhaul in the game before the release

I'm really hoping EFT will get away from the game-y look it has right now, especially with outdoor environment.

Some examples here:

Kingdom Come Deliverance (own screenshot btw)

• 94C8745468B227F1580A719EEC1BE71CD4DD7225

Hell Let Loose

• image.png

This is how modern games should look like. Authentic. When there's technology available to make your games look like this, why not use it. More games need to push the boundaries of graphical fidelity and authenticity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Niewiarygodny
5 hours ago, dez1nd said:

You didnt understood me. I meant that in 2019 will be only one wipe with patch 0.11.7. Next wipe with 0.12 will be in 2020

I understood correctly but you didnt get that 11.7 didnt mean to have wipe but they ADDED it cause of community.
Whats more, in EFT wipes are normally around each 4-5 months, so even if we do it your way, that mean that 11.7 will drop within 1-3 weeks, and 12 patch would be up near Agust. 
But once more, i belive that 12 patch will appear sooner than 4-5 months.

• Like 1

NorseSkald

anyone else think voip is going to be aids? hope they allow us to turn it off

• Upvote 1

POWERAGE73

Got nothing to do with community. The wipe is to boost the falling player base. Personally I don’t want a wipe. For those that do just reset your account and leave us who have full time jobs, families etc to enjoy our unlocked content when we get time.

• Upvote 2

kakyadaks
On 3/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, POWERAGE73 said:

Got nothing to do with community. The wipe is to boost the falling player base. Personally I don’t want a wipe. For those that do just reset your account and leave us who have full time jobs, families etc to enjoy our unlocked content when we get time.

Can’t agree more wth this. The wipe cycles are way too close for those of us who actually have a life outside tarkov or like to enjoy other games here and there. 

Would be nice to come back from holiday/work/study and just hit the ground running with top tier gear rather than continually grind Just to have some rubs in the bank.  

Edited by kakyadaks
  • Upvote 1

Yorfate

Full wipes are *@%# for those of us that can't grind for hours every day. I totally agree with POWERAGE73's comment. Save the full wipe for final release. The try-hards can reset their accounts as often as they like. If BSG is worried about declining membership/sales then add content and positive incentives to draw in fresh blood. How many on-line games wipe the accounts of the users to give new players an advantage?? I'm guessing little to none. 

Just to be clear, I am a huge fan of this game! I love the mechanics of this game and the complexity of finding the right combination of gear to accommodate the individual's play style. The realism of the EFT is impressive. Needs a lot of work for sure before final release, but a great game nontheless. 

#Stopthewipes

• Sad 1

Maki_Nishikino
1 hour ago, Yorfate said:

Full wipes are *@%# for those of us that can't grind for hours every day. I totally agree with POWERAGE73's comment. Save the full wipe for final release. The try-hards can reset their accounts as often as they like. If BSG is worried about declining membership/sales then add content and positive incentives to draw in fresh blood. How many on-line games wipe the accounts of the users to give new players an advantage?? I'm guessing little to none. 

Just to be clear, I am a huge fan of this game! I love the mechanics of this game and the complexity of finding the right combination of gear to accommodate the individual's play style. The realism of the EFT is impressive. Needs a lot of work for sure before final release, but a great game nontheless. 

#Stopthewipes

You're a tester right now and wipes are inevitable as the game is constantly taking shape. I'm not too found of them myself but they have to happen, they're not arbitrary.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Upvote 1

shadowolfy55

I have to agree with maki here the wipes are necessary. The devs need to to balance the game correctly from beginning to end.

ShiroTenshi
On 3/20/2019 at 1:42 PM, Yorfate said:

Full wipes are *@%# for those of us that can't grind for hours every day. I totally agree with POWERAGE73's comment. Save the full wipe for final release.

Wipes have nothing to do with player count or by community request. DEVs have already said this countless times but Wipes happen ONLY when necessary. Usually when they make changes to the game that could generate conflicts with data generated before the changes, so they wipe. It also helps the DEVs to see how the changes affect player progression from start to finish so they can make adjustments. I realize time is an issue for most people but this is what we signed up for when we decided to play a test build. 

Right now EFT is in testing and development stages. Wipes will continue up until release. They are not something that will go away simple because the community doesn't like them. They are a necessary evil for the current stage. 

• Like 2

Nogre

I’m fairly new to the game but I’ve had a great time romping around with friends and getting destroyed (love it honestly),I think one thing that should happen during a wipe phase for us should be a reset with the gear we got for free per wipe, instead of a one time deal,it wouldn’t be perfectly fair,but it would make sense that you wouldn’t start with nothing as a professional PMC.