JEROME2419

So many stutters

JEROME2419

Anyone else experiencing ridiculous stutters on servers despite having no ping issues. 

northofnowhere

I would not consider it ridiculous,k but pretty close.  In my opinion they are semi-ridiculous, but they are surely there.  I like purple better than yellow.

saibot0
3 hours ago, JEROME2419 said:

Anyone else experiencing ridiculous stutters on servers despite having no ping issues. 

Nope none, check on your ram, 16 gigs work pretty well with no stutters, 8 gigs is too low. get memory cleaner if u got 8 gigs.

Mariner

I’m still getting quite a few stutters.

16gb RAM, memory cleaner on. 

Tr4wnet

You guys have the game on an SSD right?

Maki_Nishikino
5 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

You guys have the game on an SSD right?

The game is on my HDD right now, no stutters on my end.

Tr4wnet
1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

The game is on my HDD right now, no stutters on my end.

Two things eft benefits from performance wise: 16gb ram and ssd.

Ssd basically gives you 30%+ loading speed.

Maki_Nishikino
7 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

Two things eft benefits from performance wise: 16gb ram and ssd.

Ssd basically gives you 30%+ loading speed.

Sure, I have 16 GB of DDR4 RAM but I don't see how an SSD will help at all with stutters. My old PC stuttered like mad at times with 16 GB of DDR3 RAM.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Tr4wnet
2 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Sure, I have 16 GB of DDR4 RAM but I don't see how an SSD will help at all with stutters. My old PC stuttered like mad at times with 16 GB of DDR3 RAM.

I never said it would help with stutters. Game benefits from it a lot, what is guaranteed is the loading speed. 

Would it help you issue? Maybe - maybe not. Doesnt hurt to try.

Maki_Nishikino

@JEROME2419 @Mariner What is your CPU / GPU and in addition to JEROME2419 how much RAM do you have?

29 minutes ago, Tr4wnet said:

I never said it would help with stutters. Game benefits from it a lot, what is guaranteed is the loading speed. 

Would it help you issue? Maybe - maybe not. Doesnt hurt to try.

I don't have issues other than using a high-powered scope with fog present, my FPS tanks. My PC is extremely overkill for this game and the Unity engine in general. I'm pretty sure EFT is CPU bound and knowing the CPU from those above may be the smoking gun as to why they have stutters at the moment. Just don't understand why you're bringing up an SSD when OP has issues with stutters. Like I said the game is on my HDD right now with no stutter issues. Am I misreading something here? o.O

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

CthulhuTactical

I cant fathom how someone could willingly use HDD with tarkov, when loading times are much much longer on HDD. With SSD you will load in 30 seconds to one minute depending on the map, with HDD its 2-3 minutes. HDD is a waste of time. 

• Upvote 1

Tr4wnet
16 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

@JEROME2419 @Mariner What is your CPU / GPU and in addition to JEROME2419 how much RAM do you have?

I don't have issues other than using a high-powered scope with fog present, my FPS tanks. My PC is extremely overkill for this game and the Unity engine in general. Just don't understand why you're bringing up an SSD when OP has issues with stutters. Like I said the game is on my HDD right now with no stutter issues. Am I misreading something here? o.O

Most of the stuttering/load time issue can be fixed with the game being on an ssd. 

Thought it could be a useful tip, but alas next time i shall refrain myself from giving such advices.

Maki_Nishikino
18 minutes ago, CthulhuTactical said:

I cant fathom how someone could willingly use HDD with tarkov, when loading times are much much longer on HDD. With SSD you will load in 30 seconds to one minute depending on the map, with HDD its 2-3 minutes. HDD is a waste of time. 

My SSD is filled with P3D and all my addons. Also, it takes about 2 minutes on first load of a specific map, after that it's quick. I think you can get it to load quicker if you load the map offline first then go online. Easily acceptable and wont give up SSD space that is allocated for my precious P3D.

i7-4790 / GTX 760 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / 7200 RPM HDD

Game ran like trash, stuttering almost constantly when faced with an enemy. 

i7-8700 / GTX 1070 / 16 GB DDR4 RAM / 7200 RPM HDD

Game runs like hot butter other than when I use a high-power scoped with fog present.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

CthulhuTactical

Well no wonder game runs much better since, the 1070 is two times more powerful than 760 ;) Tarkov is not really CPU intensive, but oh boy it makes GPUs sweat. 

Maki_Nishikino
5 minutes ago, CthulhuTactical said:

Well no wonder game runs much better since, the 1070 is two times more powerful than 760 ;) Tarkov is not really CPU intensive, but oh boy it makes GPUs sweat. 

You think GPU really matters all that much? Graphics wise EFT isn't anything special. I can easily see how CPU power helps, especially with the stuttering.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

CthulhuTactical
2 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

You think GPU really matters all that much? Graphics wise EFT isn't anything special. I can easily see how CPU power helps, especially with the stuttering.

Well i7 4790 is still very potent CPU, whereas GTX 760 is severely lacking. Go ahead and download MSI afterburner and run the game on the former PC, check GPU and CPU utilization. I guarantee you that GPU will be within 99-100% utilization, whereas your I7 4790 will be at most at 50%. This way you can easily see that GPU was the bottleneck. 

Edited by CthulhuTactical
adding some info

Maki_Nishikino
40 minutes ago, CthulhuTactical said:

Well i7 4790 is still very potent CPU, whereas GTX 760 is severely lacking. Go ahead and download MSI afterburner and run the game on the former PC, check GPU and CPU utilization. I guarantee you that GPU will be within 99-100% utilization, whereas your I7 4790 will be at most at 50%. This way you can easily see that GPU was the bottleneck. 

I don't have that PC anymore. I took it for recycling at Best Buy, the same store I bought it at back in 2014. I easily ran Verdun / Tannenberg (a Unity engine game) at near full blast with that 760 when the game was optimized. It ran so poorly for me that I shelved it for a while and then came back and was bewildered at how well it ran. I think if I had that 760 the lack of VRAM would be holding me back severely, in a couple of years the card would be completely worthless in performance if I wanted to play anything recent.

A bottleneck? Quite possibly but given that the game I listed above ran without any issue near full blast this may be just a optimization issue. Verdun / Tannenberg looks loads better than Escape From Tarkov does when it comes to graphics.

It isn't a far stretch to say I *may* have been fine with my old PC if I waited for the Unity engine version and more optimization if I use Verdun / Tannenberg as a benchmark.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. Really interested to hear back from @JEROME2419 in regards to their CPU / GPU / RAM and @Mariner in regards to their CPU / GPU.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Mariner

@Maki_Nishikino

CPU is i7 4770k oc’d to 4.1ghz.

GPU is GTX 1060.

Game is on SSD and connected by Ethernet cable.

Clearly, my hardware is getting a little old now but I can still play most new games with decent frames. The problem I have is a near constant, rhythmic stutter, even when the fps count is at a steady 70/80. 

I should add that I’m aware that the game is nowhere near finished and fully optimised so I’m not too worried about it at the moment.

Maki_Nishikino
26 minutes ago, Mariner said:

@Maki_Nishikino

CPU is i7 4770k oc’d to 4.1ghz.

GPU is GTX 1060.

Game is on SSD and connected by Ethernet cable.

Clearly, my hardware is getting a little old now but I can still play most new games with decent frames. The problem I have is a near constant, rhythmic stutter, even when the fps count is at a steady 70/80. 

I should add that I’m aware that the game is nowhere near finished and fully optimised so I’m not too worried about it at the moment.

What is the refresh rate of your monitor?

AdhesiveTeflon

SSD vs HDD won't matter unless the game is consistently accessing the page file.  I've seen EFT take up to 16GB of RAM by itself but never past 17GB (shoreline - daytime).  If I recall correctly, my friend has EFT installed on a HDD and his loading speeds for EFT are exactly the same as my Crucial MX500 and he doesn't get studdering issues except when I get it too (server-side possibly?)  Weird but whatever works right?

Game is definitely ran by the CPU.  I have a 1660Ti to use while my 2080Ti is RMA'd and I'm getting the exact same FPS at the same graphical details.  I don't OC though so I'm not sure how much an OC'd i5-8600K is going to boost the FPS.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

BrettB

I have an i5 2500k, 20gig DDR3 2700 and a Vega 56. Game is on a SSD and the only stutter I get is the scavs spawning.