Sign in to follow this  
sleava

A Tarkov Lottery, is it Permitted?

sleava

So about a month ago, someone was running a lottery in the forums (see below)

The guy stopped doing this after a while, but I rather liked the idea. I was thinking about doing something similar, but trading items/money like this has always seemed to be a bit of a grey area for me. If I were to run a similar lottery where I say, do a pick-a-number game for prizes, would this be permitted by the game rules?

Madiakz

Hello @sleava

You are more than welcome to run a lottery/giveaway for the community, that is not bannable. Selling gear/in-game currency is against the terms of service, but not giveaways like that. I thought it was a great idea and it's community driven, what's not to like! Good luck in your giveaways! :begreat:

sleava

@Madiakz

I will need to get an OK on a specific prize offered by another player. One player who participated in the draw on friday messaged me and expressed interest in offering a key for a standard edition for a future draw. Because this prize would have real world value, I wanted to check to see if this is permissible. The player also said that they got the key as part of the new-years gift, and has been otherwise unable to find someone who wants it.

I would like to put this in the draw 2-3 weeks from now (given the player is still unable to find someone who wants the key). If this is OK, or there are any other concerns I should be aware of, could you let me know?

Madiakz

There is no issue of giving away a standard key as long as it is not for self promotion I believe, my only concern would be the key is genuine and has not been used, if you contact support I believe they can verify it for you, I would just be cautious giving something away that isn't yours directly as if there is something wrong and it doesn't work for what ever reason it would look bad on you.

So basically best to check it is authentic and not used prior to the giveaway is my advice.