rolecraft

Simple one

rolecraft

Are helmets still bugged in such a way that they basically don't matter? (This makes me litteraly quit the game at times, friend of mine already ragequit because of it haha)

example: As if some pleb shoots your level 6 helmet to hell (including the person in it) using his amazing zero pen pistol ammo, yet you can't break his ungeared face apart using a expanding round of any kind, considering he one taps your ass.

Would appreciate a dev reply on this issue thanks

Edited by rolecraft

Shaktimaan

@rolecraft

I believe they fixed it. The armor bug I mean. Still there are various reports from people that the armor bug is still around.

Anyways, all bullets have a certain penetration chance against armor. And the penetration chance depends on the durability of the armor and the penetration value of the bullet. Firing multiple bullets will stop the round and deal blunt damage to that bodypart, and will subsequently increase the penetration chance for the next bullet by damaging the armor.

You can check out the ballistics section on the wiki, I've pasted a link below :

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ballistics

rolecraft

Thats the problem, everyone either "thinks" it's fixed, or that it's still broken. Personally i think its still broken  considering the amounts i die to bullshit right trough the highest level helmet.

Hence i want a Dev to confirm or denie that it has been fixed so i can get this issue out of my head as it's pissing me off

Nameless_Terror

It really depends on the round being used. 

From the back I dropped a guy in one shot with a 12g slug and thus acquired my first and only gen 6 helm.I have no idea if he was injured prior to his reckless running past me attempt. 

Another time, using my TT pistol which I found to be a 1 shot to the unprotected thorax if not passing through limbs first, I had 4-5 rounds bounce off a guy's forehead before he realized what was happening and then he put me down. 

It is fixed. It might not be perfectly balanced yet, but it works. I just did a scav run and got some sweet loot off a lvl~64 wearing gen 4 body armour but only one of the fur hats. Don't be that guy... A shitty l3 helmet is better than no helmet.