ShiroTenshi

Quick Question for the Community!

ShiroTenshi

Escapers, Nikita needs your input! Here is what he asked:

Hello, dear tarkovians!

As you know (or not) right now we are working on intermediate hotfixes and 11.7 update (with a lot more fixes to come, as well as pack of new content - new weapons, mods and stuff. And wipe!). Also in 11.7 we will implement the limitations to enter the Labs - special single use keycard. You will need it to enter the Labs - one card per one entry. And there is a question. How much should it cost? (except that you will be able to find in on some of locations). 100k roubles is what we think about.

• Sad 1

TheSimonJES

I would say 85k to 100k. It's a decent price.

W0lfi3

I'd say about 250-600k.

5 people team can enter with one keycard, then they extract with ~3.000.000 rouble stuff, i think that's not balanced either, but better than 100k.

I'm tired of people going there in shitty stuff. If you want to enter, you HAVE to pay the price to "participate" in high-tiered fight, where people do actually take with them m4's, forts altyns etc. One man killed fullgear is worth about 1-2mln roubles, so yea.

If labs is high risk - high reward map, then the keycard have to be pretty damn expensive, so people just don't grind it and go there full kitted, as they should be.

100k for a keycard i waaaay to low, it WON'T stop the grinding and cheap loadout  meta.

Edited by W0lfi3
  • Like 3

Darkmonkeyboy

Depends on how often these cards can be found? on certain maps only? Spawn ratio etc.  We may need more info to give a better idea for you guys. If these cards are hard to find, people may not want to spend to much to gain entry to sometimes die in minutes.this may mean prices will be huge on fle market. However if these cards are fairly common, easy obtained put the price high on market from a low lv trader, this would make people play the game more, rather than bulk buying cards. 100k is not that hard to get regardless, 

When you say one card per entry, what if a friend joins? Does the card come out of my inventory meaning I need 2 cards? Or 1 card comes from each of our inventory? (assuming this is a 2 man raid) 

iwanty4o98

I think 100k Rouble is not enough 200-300k seems more reasonable otherwise people will still bring low grade gear.

On the other hand 100k would be fine if it was 1 ticket= 1 player not 1 Ticket = 5 man Group

• Like 1

ShiroTenshi

Nikita has confirmed this in Reddit. It seems the plan has changed and players will now require a Keycard Each when on a group.

Q: "One card per one entry" What do you mean by this ? If from a group of 5 one has the card ... all five of them will enter ? Or just the one who has the card enter ?

N: Everybody who wants to infiltrate Labs will need this keycard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

W0lfi3

If it is 1 key per 1 man, then 300k is pretty good price to enter an endgame location filled with high-level stuff

Edited by W0lfi3

Madiakz

It kinda depends how it will become available, as if it is behind a task 100K sounds fine I think, but if it is straight up 100K then in no time they will be upsold on the Flea Market, unless they won't be allowed to be resold? 

Kremson

Isn't military base coming in 11.7 ? If so then have it to randomly spawn in there but never in the same bag container table etc . And/or if it can be bought then have it to where for 1 man its 100k for entry and say 75k for each additional squad member. But also yes do not allow it to be an item that can be sold on the flea market otherwise you will have it priced at a ridiculous amount like alot of items have been . 

Labs is high risk high reward right and you can come out of there with a massive amount of loot . So set a minimum gear requirement attached to the keycard but not to absurd. An example would be helmet an armor has to be class 3 or higher an no pistols . Which will eliminate going in naked or just a TT which eliminates the high risk part behind the idea of labs. 

Just my thoughts .

Shaktimaan

@ShiroTenshi

Here, I'm assuming, the item is going to be sold by traders? Atleast that's my interpretation of the question.

If yes, please make it like a random barter trade for each trader reset. That way, the game will be more fun and people will keep on looking for different kinds of items on the flea market or while raiding.

It will also keep the flea market fresh and those who are low on cash will have a better opportunity to make cash fast. Ofcourse people will try to price fix the cards, so instead you can directly give 1 card to the player through the mail system so people will at-least have 1 card on their hands. Or on the other hand you can make the card completely untradable.

Edited by Shaktimaan
  • Upvote 1

xLostAndDamnedx

don't make it pay to enter

just a single purchase for 500k-1kk 

Shaktimaan
7 minutes ago, Kremson said:

Isn't military base coming in 11.7 ?

@Kremson

AFAIK Military base is going to get released in 0.12.

Edited by Shaktimaan

Kremson
1 minute ago, Shaktimaan said:

AFAIK Military base is going to get released in 0.12.

Ok , I just thought I had read before awhile back that it was to come in 11.7 an then hideout in .12 . Which it would be good if they done that cause I know its an extension to shoreline an be something new an different for all of us to venture into to . If they done that an brought the new scav boss for woods that would least make the two deadest maps alive again . Cause the only reason anyone goes onto shoreline right now is for that key in resort basement . Oh well

Svedjan

I think 100k sounds all right.
I hope it's related to quests, access to the lab key.

Just so you guys know, even if you extract you would have to pay again for another entry.

PardTheTroll

How about just finding the key card? Random (or not) drop from a Scav boss. Later when game is finished, a drop from a USEC-boss (a late boss, maybe one of the last one to unlock). The price won't stop anyone and let them think twice before entering. Make it earn-able only!

KimiFelipe
18 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Nikita has confirmed this in Reddit. It seems the plan has changed and players will now require a Keycard Each when on a group.

Excuse me. Is here information correct? 1 group 1 key?

GhostZ69

Honestly, with the way BSG nerfs and boosts exp, loot, scav's and everything else in this game how can ANYONE give a decent answer?  I mean I have seen people with >100,000,000 rubles so a half mil per key card would mean NOTHING to them.  If the loot was like it was when Labs first came out, 500k per keycard would be nothing.  If it is like it was after the most recent nerf, then I just don't bother to go there.

Honestly, with the way things swing around here, I don't think anyone can give a decent answer without knowing what is behind door number 1.

sgtmoss

I would actually say 250k per keycard sounds more reasonable. Even more perhaps, especially if it’s one per squad. 100k to get 5 people out with high end gear potentially isn’t much. 100k will at least keep some of the super low gear people out but it might have a reverse effect and people will have already invested this money and will just try to run to the loot spawn and gamma something valuable, not wanting to risk even more money in equipment. If it’s expensive enough, people will only go in if they actually think they might get out. Maybe you can keep the key if you extract alive also. 

Edited by sgtmoss

Phoenixsui

I think it should be for each player and requires a maingun wich is no sniper + 1 bodyarmor and rig but no scavrig.

I personally dont think the keycard will be the endsolution.

It still does not balance the risk reward situation i would say.

dez1nd

You should make raiders harder like on release Labs. 

Btw you should make one keycard for entrance and second for exit. Logical place like the Labs is locked from both sides. 

• Upvote 1

michaelk1

this is just such a bad idea - keycard entry vs purchase keycard entry - , this concept just doesnt work for the gameplay style of tarkov. 

i'll explain, this game is 60min or less death matches with looting, maybe you die or maybe you exit the match with loot.

your segregating a map from the others by choosing to create an entry system. i mean why choose labs at all, it now costs you 100k to go in, when there are plenty of others without the need to pay to get in.

dont get me wrong, labs is fun, but its not that great either, its not better than any other map, your already at a disadvantage with no insurance entering labs.

i could understand if tarkov was a sandbox, one large map like dayz with points of interest. having a reason to enter the labs simply becuase its the end loot dungeon. but it isnt.

PauleSchaule

I would suggest to make the price vary... Money don't matther in the mid and late game. I definitely wouldn't go under 150k but the price should vary. Depending on how many players are playing on labs it should be more expensive or if player count is less make it cheaper. How ever, I am not sure if it's a good idea to make it buy able. 

Make it lootable on really random spots, make it lootable on bosses. Make it lootable on scavs like the storage key. Or at least get a max. count of cards you can buy in a day... Don't make the card be just an item, please

100k for a key card? It's nothing, it doesn't matther 

• Upvote 1