DanExert

Make Night Raids Great Again

DanExert

Hi all, one of my good friends and viewers was curious to hear what the community thought about the current state of night raids and the low population, as well as think of things that may be good to suggest to BSG in order to get more players to go in at night vs day. I've included the link to the original reddit post below!

I'm aware of the Cultists which will soon be implemented, and I'm excited to see how they will affect the game.

Here's what he wrote on Reddit: "So I've been playing a lot of night raids recently just because I enjoy the atmosphere and the aesthetic of the raids when vision is limited and the stars are high, but there's a problem; although it'd make sense to see less players on night raids, I've seemed to see absolutely none. It makes sense that people would rather play daytime raids as you don't have to make the big investment of night vision or the gear to supplement it, and that would as a result make night raids less populated.

What I am proposing is that something is added to night raids to further incentivize players to join them, such as buffing the loot table or making certain things like scav boss 100% during. From my point of view it would bring more life and value to the game and would also change the economy and the way that people play the game. Keep in mind that my idea of a night raid is between ~22:00 and 5:00, the time when the game is darkest. This might also be because of what I call 'pre-wipe silence' which I'm sure we're all familiar with, as it is when the playerbase shuts down because they're all waiting for a wipe.

Thoughts?"

Thanks

• Like 1

Spectator6

Hello @DanExert

If they ever get around to implementing various "relaxed" states for the AI, this could also help incentivize night raids. 

For example, what if at night the AI was more prone to be sitting around a campfire? What if they rested their weapons against the wall and took a smoke break? What if some slept in the dorms? etc etc

The trade-off here, if players take the bait and start playing night raids more, is that while the normal scav AI might be a tad more docile, players become more of a threat.

Add in 90-100% Boss spawns on top of that, and we very well just might have a recipe for one helluva good firefight :) 

Edited by Spectator6
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

DanExert
19 minutes ago, Spectator6 said:

If they ever get around to implementing various "relaxed" states for the AI, this could also help incentivize night raids. 

For sure! This is something I'm talking about regularly haha. Thanks for the feedback!

Tr4wnet
6 hours ago, DanExert said:

Hi all, one of my good friends and viewers was curious to hear what the community thought about the current state of night raids and the low population, as well as think of things that may be good to suggest to BSG in order to get more players to go in at night vs day. I've included the link to the original reddit post below!

I'm aware of the Cultists which will soon be implemented, and I'm excited to see how they will affect the game.

Here's what he wrote on Reddit: "So I've been playing a lot of night raids recently just because I enjoy the atmosphere and the aesthetic of the raids when vision is limited and the stars are high, but there's a problem; although it'd make sense to see less players on night raids, I've seemed to see absolutely none. It makes sense that people would rather play daytime raids as you don't have to make the big investment of night vision or the gear to supplement it, and that would as a result make night raids less populated.

What I am proposing is that something is added to night raids to further incentivize players to join them, such as buffing the loot table or making certain things like scav boss 100% during. From my point of view it would bring more life and value to the game and would also change the economy and the way that people play the game. Keep in mind that my idea of a night raid is between ~22:00 and 5:00, the time when the game is darkest. This might also be because of what I call 'pre-wipe silence' which I'm sure we're all familiar with, as it is when the playerbase shuts down because they're all waiting for a wipe.

Thoughts?"

Thanks

Pog.

babybell1984

I love night raids also, for me.

Start by making night vision cheaper than it is currently before any loot changes and such, as i already see alot of hatching's running for loot grabs, and adding some scavs with night-vision to counter hatching's and giving chance to loot night-vision within the night raids.

Edited by babybell1984
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

AdhesiveTeflon
12 hours ago, Spectator6 said:

Hello @DanExert

For example, what if at night the AI was more prone to be sitting around a campfire? What if they rested their weapons against the wall and took a smoke break? What if some slept in the dorms? etc etc

The trade-off here, if players take the bait and start playing night raids more, is that while the normal scav AI might be a tad more docile, players become more of a threat.

Add in 90-100% Boss spawns on top of that, and we very well just might have a recipe for one helluva good firefight :) 

I immediately thought of Splinter Cell.  Oh that'll be fun.

• Like 1

Spectator6
3 hours ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

I immediately thought of Splinter Cell.  Oh that'll be fun.

*BWEEEEEP*

(night vision sound)

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

DanExert

@babybell1984absolutely make NVG cheaper! We’ll see if the value changes with supply and demand, if no one buys them, the price should go down ;) 

AdhesiveTeflon

I don't mind the price of where they're at right now, but they should make the colors real (like change the PVS-14 back to what it was before) and contrast/brightness adjustments a viable thing.  Maybe in due time.  I don't really use them that much though because the PSO's illumination blooms just ever so slightly with them so I just turn up the brightness on my monitor instead.

sleava

I actually prefer night raids. Its my friends who keep dragging me into the daylight XD

Also keep in mind, many players play night to avoid firefights. It's harder to find them when everyone is more sneaky. There are fewer players, of course.... but more than you think XD. 

Foregone

They should make different loot spawn's to some locations and that scav's have different gear -and patrol rout areas at night.

• Like 1

t4nk83
On 3/27/2019 at 2:20 AM, babybell1984 said:

I love night raids also, for me.

Start by making night vision cheaper than it is currently before any loot changes and such, as i already see alot of hatching's running for loot grabs, and adding some scavs with night-vision to counter hatching's and giving chance to loot night-vision within the night raids.

Scavs already have natural nightvision..dont believe me play factory at night time and watch them snipe you through 47 walls and then flip you off.