GhostSpartan117

How do the Labs Keycards work?

GhostSpartan117

Trying to get into labs requires a keycard now and I'm curious if everyone in your squad needs one or if just one player needs it. I'm pretty sure Nikita said somewhere only one player needs the keycard and it works for your whole team but looking at the UI I'm not sure how that would work since you need the keycard to get into the lobby to invite people. I don't want to spend the 100k to find out so if anyone else knows can you please explain how this works/ if it works at all?

TUALMASOK

Just one person in the group needs the keycard, then all get access to Labs.

• Sad 1

HoLeeSchitt

and how much cost that keycard? also is there a permanent card or single use every time ??they should leave it as it was before and no some stupid keycards.why not make lab a dlc? ffs

• Sad 1

Maki_Nishikino
6 minutes ago, HoLeeSchitt said:

they should leave it as it was before and no some stupid keycards.

It's an end-game map.

6 minutes ago, HoLeeSchitt said:

why not make lab a dlc?

Pay to win much?

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Sir_Mossy
13 hours ago, HoLeeSchitt said:

and how much cost that keycard? also is there a permanent card or single use every time ??they should leave it as it was before and no some stupid keycards.why not make lab a dlc? ffs

Because Labs broke the game's economy and removed a large portion of the hardcore feel of the game. What's hardcore about cowards hatchet running Labs all day and making 200k+ a raid for nothing? 

Another prominent example that I have witnessed is related to streamers. I watched a streamer who, before Labs, had a goal of achieving 1 million dollars before the wipe ended. He managed to reach level 69 (soft cap) and only got to $600,000 dollars. The wipe where Labs was introduced, he got to level 62 (7 levels lower than the previous wipe) and managed to not only get 1 million dollars, but also 180 million roubles (roughly 1.5 million dollars). This is all thanks to the map that you think should be free access to all. Don't be so ignorant and understand what the game's intended end goal is supposed to be, which is hardcore. Play a less hardcore survival game like DayZ or Rust if you want access to end-game stuff right off the bat.

GhostSpartan117

Im still having trouble with this at the moment. I have a keycard but there is no way for my friends to join me without buying a keycard aswell. I thought Nikita said you only need one? How do I invite my friends to join me on a labs run?

smokey-phil
On 4/11/2019 at 12:34 AM, TUALMASOK said:

Just one person in the group needs the keycard, then all get access to Labs.

Wait they went back on the plan for everyone to need a card? so its now 20,000 per person(group of 5) for access to labs oh joy . . . . (super /S it's an end game map why not have it cost more than an vepr on flea  market maybe) I've only had time to play a couple of customs and interchange raids to test the 101 out and see what a sks with a 10 round mag works like (its an sks with a 10 round mag  innawood's level over 9000) So I've not had a chance to try the lab entry stuff out myself yet. 

Arzzet
20 minutes ago, GhostSpartan117 said:

Im still having trouble with this at the moment. I have a keycard but there is no way for my friends to join me without buying a keycard aswell. I thought Nikita said you only need one? How do I invite my friends to join me on a labs run?

Same here, I guess all need keycards. As is required to enter the lobby. 

Is that intended then?

smokey-phil
3 minutes ago, Arzzet said:

Same here, I guess all need keycards. As is required to enter the lobby. 

Is that intended then?

I think each person is meant to have a card or at least that is the impression i got from reddit and twitter in the lead up the patch and that bad bad idea of asking people how much they should pay to get into labs (people will always lowball it if you give them the chance) it should have been done on the average value of loot taken out of labs and fix it to that rather than what people would be willing to pay to enter a map they had free access to the whole time up till then, that fact alone will have messed up peoples value judgment on the issue.

MVP_RNGesus

it says one time use or whatever but can i put it in my gamma case and it wont go away or do i HAVE to buy one every time i go in??????

hycron

Labs was always supposed to be behind a pay gap. I know it doesn't make sense in terms of access for each user/single use only, but not everything can make complete sense when at the end of the day there's an intricate game and game economy to manage and balance.

Vodor

Remember though, you won’t escape labs every time and 100k keys can add up very fast. Not to mention no insurance either.

I don’t reckon people will be there as much as they think they will.