Blaqhammer

"Server connection lost"

Blaqhammer

ever since the new "hotfix" (12/04/2019)
I keep getting the above message come up and i lose all my loot in game! 
This has happened 7 times tonight and now its a joke i have lost so much loot, money, dogtags and more!
It doesn't let me spawn in again either so i am forced to leave and lose everything!!

image.thumb.png.91ccf45f3d42dd8a911d54bff1917b6d.png

orion310591
5 minutes ago, Blaqhammer said:

ever since the new "hotfix" (12/04/2019)
I keep getting the above message come up and i lose all my loot in game! 
This has happened 7 times tonight and now its a joke i have lost so much loot, money, dogtags and more!
It doesn't let me spawn in again either so i am forced to leave and lose everything!!

image.thumb.png.91ccf45f3d42dd8a911d54bff1917b6d.png

also here, EU region, had 4 servers checked, unchecked 2, tried to connect again server connection lost, solution? alt+F4 and

break;

while (week2<=week1+1)

nightmarekyle

I have been getting that almost every raid since yesterday. Not too sure what to do about it. I cant progress on virtually anything in game lol, sucks.

COMBAT_WOMBAT13

was having the same issue before the wipe. reinstalled game after wipe and then it worked for a day or two. after the hotfix having the same problem again cant get into any raid on any maps. reinstalled both the launcher and the game again this morning but seems even that doesent fix it after the hotfix. and its definitely not my internet connection.

Wauswarlord

ducking Rip bois me too :(

Eddiebravo

any of you solved this issue ? i got it for the first time after new patch 0.12 

Fenrir77

I get server connection lost every raid since 0.12. usually on loading screen or 10-40 sec after running around. I am using sometimes Speedify which helped play game but with insane ping up to 1000.

SecretDucky
19 minutes ago, Fenrir77 said:

I get server connection lost every raid since 0.12. usually on loading screen or 10-40 sec after running around. I am using sometimes Speedify which helped play game but with insane ping up to 1000.

very similar, i will either crash 1-5 min into a new raid, or have a very long crash message while still loading... very annoying, cant play new patch becuase i just get disconnected

Fenrir77

Do you use mobile internet? Maybe i should try some sort of VPN to by pass this for now. 2 days with no luck so far.

SecretDucky
2 minutes ago, Fenrir77 said:

Do you use mobile internet? Maybe i should try some sort of VPN to by pass this for now. 2 days with no luck so far.

i play off wifi, i though i saw somewhere that a vpn would mess with region of game and not let it start. if that works for you let me know

Fenrir77

Yes sure. But now its 12:10 am and i am working in 7 hours so i am going to try tomorrow. But going to report if anything good happened. Hope its going to be fixed somehow in near future.

ShakenWidow
4 hours ago, Eddiebravo said:

any of you solved this issue ? i got it for the first time after new patch 0.12 

yepp this is the first time i've gotten it and have had the game for 2 wipes now, came here because i noticed the title of the post and that there were recent comments about the subject matter.

im a little peeved because my partner got into a raid, but i got kicked because of this and cannot connect to a single raid because of this issue after .12 was launched, and to make matters worse there are people trying to get the devs to take a vacation just because their game works.

the game is broken to over 56% of the community due to server connection issues according to down detector, and there isn't a single recent post about anyone actually figuring out how to fix this or even why the game is having issues with the download speeds.

im pretty sure it has to do with their servers being overloaded and not being able to provide the info fast enough, which means the only way to really fix the issue is to upgrade their servers.

and most likely, that will bankrupt eft smh.

i just wanna play the damned game.

Fenrir77
17 hours ago, SecretDucky said:

i play off wifi, i though i saw somewhere that a vpn would mess with region of game and not let it start. if that works for you let me know

Hi. So i tried with VPN and it wokrs just fine no crash no connection lost so far all good. I used paid VPN because after doing some research free VPN could be hit and miss.

• Like 1

Eddiebravo

yeah but thats 80+ a year for a good vpn ...

waste

I've got over 100 Server connection lost within 24 houres.

It's ridiculous.

Arbormancer

I cant even get into a game without seeing this error. Lots of us are having this issue. 

juggernaught456

I use nord VPN even before 0.12 and it has no impact we will just have to hope the devs fix it rather than just ignoring us if somebody like pestily had the issue once the devs would fix it straight away and prioritise it but sadly we arent big twitch streamers.

Nomad_ClearSkye

Hiya,

having the same issue, but sometimes without "connection lost", as I immediately realize the connection is lost when trying to open stashes, boxes, whatever, so I just alt+f4 hoping nobody has found my unmoving body yet to just kill me outright.
I've been having this issue for multiple patches now, always ending up quitting because of it only to return the next patch hoping it's fixed.

I have tried quite a few suggested "solutions" already, namely resetting all kinds of things, completely reinstalling my machine, changing several internet related settings both in windows as well as in my router. Everything is up-to-date. I even downgraded a few things just to try something new. The only thing I haven't tried (yet) is using a VPN, which - according to some people that have the same issues - does not change anything (though for some it seems to).

The weirdest part is, that it happens a lot more with PMC raids at the beginning of a game than with Scav runs where I join half way through a round, which leads me to believe it may have something to do with something that happens at the start of the raid. Possibly a high traffic issue, as at the beginning of a raid a lot more people and scavs spawn in simultaneously.

It has gotten to the point where I am considering not trying anymore and trying to "get rid" of my EOD account (which I bought, because I absolutely love this game).

So... if ANYONE has any suggestions... I'm all eyes.

I am also considering running some sort of petition to make the devs aware of this problem from a more vocal and centered perspective.

Z3RN

Having the same problem, did multiple reinstalls and couldn't get it to work either. I have been facing 5-10 min wait times only to get the "Server Connection Lost." I also got this issue with the new patch released. 

Wallfenstein

Yep, same issue here. It's bloody rough because at first I thought it was just internet issues, but no other game is having problems, streaming, discord, everything else works fine. Super annoying

YetSghet

Anyone find a resolve? I cant even play because it is so bad. Load up and take 2 steps and get disconnected. Load back in and get disconnected right away. I know its beta but damn at least let me play the game. Just in a 2 hour span I have at least 30 disconnects and have lost good gear because of this. 

Edited by YetSghet

Aradite

I'm having the same issue, get into a raid, works for a few minutes. Then i cant shoot, pick up or move things. After roughly 10 seconds i get the message "Server connection lost". I have lost all my gear and money to it and im tired of not being able to play. I never had this issue before only now its been happening to me every raid.

Archandriel
On 11/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, juggernaught456 said:

I use nord VPN even before 0.12 and it has no impact we will just have to hope the devs fix it rather than just ignoring us if somebody like pestily had the issue once the devs would fix it straight away and prioritise it but sadly we arent big twitch streamers.

I'm getting the same issue. I don't really mind the lost gear, but its annoying since I was ahaving a great time a few days ago. Now scav character U get the bad service version error, and the main i get lost connection. 

Also unsubscribe to Nord, they got a huge data breach and millions are at risk. 

CallSignTango

I received this message while loading in to a map and getting hung on "awaiting session start"

Force closed the game, re launched, attempting to get into match.  Connection Lost for a second time.

3rd Attempt, as it iss loading the "Back" button is showing, and my bro on discord says may as well use it, as I have been trying to load in for 18 minutes now...

Get back to my character screen, and I've lost my whole load out, without ever stepping foot on the map, after enjoying 20+ mins of unity wheel spins.

I can understand the overloaded servers resulting in dropped connections, but I'm genuinely curious as to the mechanic behind me losing the gear, if I never loaded in.  As others have noted above, I've only experienced this on my PMC while grouped with some friends.

SnakeyBasterd

I've been having this exact problem since i bought the game on Black Friday, i have tried EVERY single thing that has ever been suggested about this damned "server connection lost", if it doesn't happen while loading it happens 10 seconds into the raid. short of contacting my ISP I've tried every solution I've seen on the forums and reddit.

I'm heartbroken that after all the time i waited to buy the game, i spend money for it to just, not work, at all, it just doesn't, and there is nothing i can do about it.

I'm just so disappointed i never got to play the game

• Upvote 1