TheWay

Questions and Answers 12-04-2019

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

We know that you are having many questions about the whole Escape From Tarkov project, our work and our plans for the future of the game.

Nikita Buyanov gathered various questions from you and answered them, we present you part of the questions and answers below:

---

Q: Will the compass and VOIP come with 0.12?

A: High chance

---

Q: Any plans for removing pre-set lootspawns to prevent keyfarming?

A: Yes

---

Q: Is the new Woods scav boss coming with 0.12?

---

Q: Do you have an estimate when we will see modular chestrigs?

A: After 0.12 patch

---

Q: Since the current quests should be optional sidequests, could we get an alternate way of gaining trader rep until the main questline is added?

A: We need to think about that

---

Q: Can we get more modifiers for offline mode? (A few examples: replace scavs with raiders, infinite raid timer, open all locked doors)

A: Planned

---

Q: When will the next dev podcast be?

A: 2-3 weeks

---

Q: Is the animation overhaul that You have presented almost a year ago coming anytime soon?

A: Planned for 0.12

---

Q: Will there be more Scavs in all maps once you guys upgrade to Unity 2018? I think you've said in the past, there will be more space to play around with the newer engine upgrade.

A: Yes, it’s possible

---

Q: How's progress on the engine upgrade going?

A: It’s going :)

---

Q: What is your opinion of the current state of armor vs bullet damage?

A: With latest update i feel that it’s in the right place

---

Q: In-game alcohol when?

A: Probably in 0.12

---

Q: Any news on then we'll get real "scarce" economy based on barter and finding stuff in raid and new "dynamic" loot distribution you were talking about last year?

A: We plan to start implementing it after 0.12

---

Q: Bullet fragmentation seems not working for low-penetration bullets, is this gonna be fixed soon?

---

Q: Will You make a move to Unity 2018 with 0.12?

A: Yes we planned to do it

---

Q: How far away is after-raid killcam or just more information how you died?

A: More info planned after 0.12

---

Q: In your opinion, why would anyone use bolt actions like the m700 and DVL? Semi automatic weapons of the same caliber are available cheaper for .308

A: Precision in general, reliability later when we implement jamming

---

Q: What is the current state of the karma system at the moment is it coming any time soon?

A: Karma is not implemented yet, we plan to add it after 0.12

---

Q: How is Hideout upgrading gonna work?

A: You find specific items. you start upgrade and wait when it will be completed

---

Q: Any chance we see the G3 series of rifles in game?

A: G3 is planned

---

Q: When are your plans to implement new/locked skills?

A: We want to add most of remaining skills after 0.12

---

Q: Will the sliding stocks, for example on M4 or M1A EBR and every stock that can do that, be "slideable" or lets say foldable in 0.12 or later?

---

Q: I remember of Your devs saying that in the future we will freely move attachments on the rails. Is it coming soon or later?

A: After 0.12

---

Q: Will you ever get to the bottom of the stuttering? Is it application or network? Both?

A: Mostly its initialization of different kind. Animation system for example. It all can be fixed. unity 2018 give more abilities to do it

---

Q: Cultists, UNTAR , EX-PMCs what happened, are they coming to the maps in the near future.

A: After 0.12

---

Q: Will scav AI ever receive more natural idle animations/stances instead of looking like cyborgs that drone around with their weapons raised all the time?

A: Yes, we want to do it

---

Q: What are some specific improvements you anticipate after moving to unity 2018?

A: Texture streaming, graphics jobs, new terrains, new physics - just to mention

---

Q: Is character customisation coming anytime soon?

A: In 0.12

---

Q: What happened to mag reloading? It was implemented one year ago and you said that animations are coming soon.

A: Waiting for some features in unity 2018 to make it fast

---

Q: Will we ever see the double barreld shotgun?

---

Q: What map do you plan to add after milbase?

A: Next map after milbase will be streets of tarkov

---

Q: Will the CTE come before the release of 0.12 for players to test it?

A: We want to do it before 0.12. it will be called Early Testing Servers (ETS)

---

Q: What are your opinions on hatchings?

A: Hatchling is independent and solid class. but they will be more "regulated" when it wll come to heal yourself in off-raid

---

Q: Any plans for an expanded UI in stash for 1440p and higher?

A: We are thinking about how to do it properly

---

PS. With "after 0.12" we do not specifically mean the next patch after it. But merely that we will focus on it some time after 0.12 releases.

TRANSLATIONS:

• Chinese translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Chinese Emissary and Moderator @DarKdeZ
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @Alexandre_5
  • Czech translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Czech Emissary @Snork_Svk
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Spanish Emissary @NoisyCosmos
  • Italian translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our Italian community member @funboy
  • German translation of the news can be found here.
    Thanks to our German Emissary and Moderator @Drombal
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 3

DaDorn666

--This information is awesome!!! THANKS

Q: Will the CTE come before the release of 0.12 for players to test it?

--- WHAT IS CTE???

DjapeSRB
10 minutes ago, DaDorn666 said:

--This information is awesome!!! THANKS

Q: Will the CTE come before the release of 0.12 for players to test it?

--- WHAT IS CTE???

I think it means "Community Test Environment"

RAC-W
3 hours ago, TheWay said:

A: Next map after milbase will be streets of tarkov

I could swear I heard that Streets of Tarkov will be the very last map to be released, not that I'm complaining or anything.. but still..

StoofyeX
3 hours ago, TheWay said:

Q: Is the animation overhaul that You have presented almost a year ago coming anytime soon?

Does anyone have a link to this?

space_marine65

i will try my luck with a question:

Will we have a low ready stance in the near future? it gets a little icky when the player you want to cooperate with stand with a aimed gun pointing to your head

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Siktaoskyd
4 hours ago, TheWay said:

---

---

Im Looking forward to this :)

Cman1337
vor einer Stunde schrieb RAC-W:

I could swear I heard that Streets of Tarkov will be the very last map to be released, not that I'm complaining or anything.. but still..

No, it was always planned as a mid release in Beta. Originally they said that Streets of Tarkov will come after Interchange, but now we got labs and milbase.

Romad

Can we talk about lab key cards? Why are these not only found in raid only? Just another prime example how the game is centered around the few that play it 18 hours a day. 100k for a keycard is nothing for some of these guys who already control the flea market and economy. 

And The fact the quest line now revolves around having to have a lot of money to buy bullshit off the flea market has really ruined the direction of tarkov in my opinion. Why do I have to buy a $150,000 fleece hat off the Flea market to kill 30 scavs on interchange, but I can buy the hat from ragman level 3, well after the quest is over? Makes no sense. Sure I can grind it out and try to find a fleece hat in game but then you're just battling against all the people who had the money to just buy them and are geared out to the the hilt. 

Battlestate, you keep throwing Band-Aids on the game to please the few and the Band-Aids are starting to pile up.. I really don't have much hope that unity 2018 is it going to fix anything in this game. 

• Like 3

Maki_Nishikino
10 hours ago, TheWay said:

What animations are receiving an overhaul?

KimiFelipe
16 hours ago, TheWay said:

you are having many questions about the whole Escape From Tarkov project

Yeh. I'm very interested in the future of this whole project. I'm looking forward to 0.12, but I would like to know the further big direction of this project. I ever see in the podcast overview that "Year 2019 will be the last year of Beta testing" Is this still true?

Edited by KimiFelipe

dez1nd
5 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

What animations are receiving an overhaul?

I think that all animations for whole body. Like walking, running and sprinting

• Thanks 1

Grimperuk

Many times i have watched streamers and Labs has been really messed up with these cards. Loot on normal maps are pretty poor and since the wipe / lab cards iv'e lost a lot of interest in this game, and looking at the numbers playing it so have many more.

Maki_Nishikino
1 hour ago, Grimperuk said:

Many times i have watched streamers and Labs has been really messed up with these cards. Loot on normal maps are pretty poor and since the wipe / lab cards iv'e lost a lot of interest in this game, and looking at the numbers playing it so have many more.

Labs is an end-game map and caused power creep when no keycard was needed. If you were on the Discord you knew it was played constantly and became boring. Many played it for one reason when it didn't need a keycard and that's because getting very good loot was extremely easy.

It became an addiction and those that are upset about it needing a keycard are having withdraws because they can't do it constantly anymore without much risk. Most often players went in with very cheap gear and weapons, all it took was a single kill and you were loaded. If you died it didn't matter, you could have done it again and it didn't hurt the bank.

If I had to choose one thing that absolutely broke the game when Labs didn't need a keycard it's hatchet runners that had the keys for those rooms that were so sought after. A few Labs raids and you could be an easy millionaire with zero risk.

If you suffer from apathy in playing EFT because Labs now needs a keycard then it's an early sign that this game will not be for you later down the road. The map was open house for one reason and that's testing. Furthermore loot is going to be dramatically less than what it is now. If you can't stand the amount of loot on all other maps then I really don't think this game will ever please you, you're only going to get frustrated.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Like 3

StealthDashPow

Is this question refering not only to a new engine but joining the maps for an open world experience? 

Quote: " Q: Will there be more Scavs in all maps once you guys upgrade to Unity 2018? I think you've said in the past, there willbe more space to play around with the newer engine upgrade."

I also have a question:

Q) Scavs handing over loot in stash to PMCs and USEC and BEARS working together. Any thoughts on seperating these seeing as it makes less sense for them to be working together? or maybe someone in the community has an explanation?

DanExert
On 4/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, TheWay said:

Q: Is character customisation coming anytime soon?

A: In 0.12

YES :sccry:

Tears of joy btw

aLukeWarmFart
23 hours ago, Siktaoskyd said:

Im Looking forward to this :)

IRL alcoholic?

• Cold 1

Maki_Nishikino
22 minutes ago, aLukeWarmFart said:

IRL alcoholic?

Memes.

Awake
On 4/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, StealthDashPow said:

Q) Scavs handing over loot in stash to PMCs and USEC and BEARS working together. Any thoughts on seperating these seeing as it makes less sense for them to be working together? or maybe someone in the community has an explanation?

Regarding the loot going from SCAV to PMC, I think there is no „story-based connection“. It’s just a mechanic to get some loot when you are completely starved on money, which would force you to either do hatchling runs (boring as duck) or reset your account. At the moment this will probably never happen to anyone but as soon as more other mechanics find their way into the game (like weapon attrition, healing up and eating between raids) I guess we won’t be so rich anymore.

Regarding BEARs and USECs, there will come a karma system into the game to punish PMCs for killing people of their own faction, which will make it difficult to play in a squad as BEAR and USEC.

skimer
On 4/13/2019 at 7:32 AM, Maki_Nishikino said:

Labs is an end-game map and caused power creep when no keycard was needed. If you were on the Discord you knew it was played constantly and became boring. Many played it for one reason when it didn't need a keycard and that's because getting very good loot was extremely easy.

It became an addiction and those that are upset about it needing a keycard are having withdraws because they can't do it constantly anymore without much risk. Most often players went in with very cheap gear and weapons, all it took was a single kill and you were loaded. If you died it didn't matter, you could have done it again and it didn't hurt the bank.

If I had to choose one thing that absolutely broke the game when Labs didn't need a keycard it's hatchet runners that had the keys for those rooms that were so sought after. A few Labs raids and you could be an easy millionaire with zero risk.

If you suffer from apathy in playing EFT because Labs now needs a keycard then it's an early sign that this game will not be for you later down the road. The map was open house for one reason and that's testing. Furthermore loot is going to be dramatically less than what it is now. If you can't stand the amount of loot on all other maps then I really don't think this game will ever please you, you're only going to get frustrated.

like if people really looted boxes at this point, the most loot people get is from scavs and other players, which the exception of junk farming for quests.

orang_AAcreepy

Bsg/ Nikita PlzzzzzzzzZZZ let us heal blacked limbs 

HappyCamper

Hi @TheWay. Nice list of QA you got there. I thank you for them, looks very nice. Could you parhaps find the time to answer some of my questions and/or see if there is some merrit my ideas at all?

Thanks DEVS and all other people working on this game for your time, keep up the awesome work!

On 4/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, TheWay said:

Q: Any plans for removing pre-set lootspawns to prevent keyfarming?

Thank you very much! I would really like this change. No super rare/valuable item should have a/or a few pre-set lootspawns. Imo every rare/valuable item should have a chance of spawning at a large amount of possible locations. So first the game determines if one spawns at all, and than it determines where.

On Labs for example, there should be 20+ locations where a Virtex programmable processor has a chance of spawning. Same for the Military COFDM wireless Signal Transmitter and LEDX Skin Transilluminator for example (and all others I can't think of right now). Maybe with some overlap in spots, but certainly not all of them should have an overlap. Also, if these items don't spawn at a spot, a regular item could be pulled out of the pool, also chance based. And there should always be a minimum and maximum amount of each of these valuable items spawned on the map. A raid with 20 LEDX thingies would be kinda strange. But so would a completely empty raid.

The obvious locked loot rooms should be mostly exempt from this system, since they probably should have their own loottables.

Q: Since the current quests should be optional sidequests, could we get an alternate way of gaining trader rep until the main questline is added?

A: We need to think about that

Could it be made possible that you as a player get to choose which sidequest chain you want to start, instead of them appearing in a certain order.

It could be made into a system where you always have the choice which sidequest chain you want to persue. You could pick the one you like the most, or the one that gives you a good reward/standing for the trader you like, or is the hardest to complete because you are badass, or is aimed at shooting scavs because you are a casual pleb like me and like killing easy prey, etc.

This will give players choice as to what assignment you want to accept and it will better define you are a character/player. You could even link certain cosmetic gear as rewards to the completion of said chain, so you could show off what you finished AND it could tie in with character customisation.

When I look at below overview, hope it is still acurate. If not lets pretend for the sake of the argument. I'll take Mechanic as an example, since he already has several chains. Lets say you have to be lvl 20 to start his main questline, Gunsmith. This one is mandatory. But next to that you get the choice to start one of the others as well, as a chain of side quests. So you could open up the Farming chain, the Signal chain, or the The Tarkov Shooter chain.

Like I said, this would give the player more choice as to what they want to do/achieve at that part in their game. They can of course come back to the other side chains when they finish their current one, so no content is lost.

EFT-Questlines-Flowchart-Orbb09.png

Q: When will the next dev podcast be?

A: 2-3 weeks

Awesome, Will it be in Russian, English or both? And any idea with who it will be? Next to our glorious leader Nikita of course.

Q: Will there be more Scavs in all maps once you guys upgrade to Unity 2018? I think you've said in the past, there will be more space to play around with the newer engine upgrade.

A: Yes, it’s possible

Man I sure hope so, this patch showed much improvment, but it could still use more of them. Cultists, UN, roaming scavs, sniper teams, kill squads, security force for Kibba, etc. Looking forward to this!

Can we grow our own potatoes in the hideout for some homebrewn Vodka? That would be hilarious!

Edited by HappyCamper

NrOneHeadband

Q: Will You make a move to Unity 2018 with 0.12?

A: Yes we planned to do it

What do you mean "planned"? So it's not in the scope anymore to make the move with 0.12?

Q: Will the sliding stocks, for example on M4 or M1A EBR and every stock that can do that, be "slideable" or lets say foldable in 0.12 or later?

What is yes? Yes for later or yes that it's planned for 0.12? 

Sorry but you give such vague answers to some questions.

Fetter
On 4/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, KimiFelipe said:

Yeh. I'm very interested in the future of this whole project. I'm looking forward to 0.12, but I would like to know the further big direction of this project. I ever see in the podcast overview that "Year 2019 will be the last year of Beta testing" Is this still true?

we had alpha, now its beta, so next will be gamma, delta, eta.... till 2040 :D omega :D

and for that time star wars will be more realistic and Tarkov will be like World war 2 simulator :D 

i'm just kidding :D 

123.png

Edited by Fetter
+ info
  • Hot 1