Squirre11y

Is it just me, or is aiming FOV broken again

Squirre11y

i cant seem to nail dead on shots at less than 5m, at distance shots my accuracy is worse after holding my breath. i switched to 50 FOV but on my widescreen its a headache to play like that, my shots are great in the FOV too. But i have put 400ish hours over the last few wipes and i cant let myself play on that choked view without getting a major headache

rav91

if you dont mind having black bars you could try to force 16:9 ratio and/or stretch it across your whole screen, everything will look "fatter" though, which isnt necessarily bad. i used 4:3 stretched on my 16:9 in cs:go to get wider player models.

not sure if this would help with your particular issue. why dont you make the fov more than 50? or is that what bugs it out?

Rekonsile

you cant the FOV is broken again

Squirre11y

Yea, putting FOV that low just gives me a headache after a single raid and i got used to wide FOV so its harder for me to judge direction based on sound

Danny_the_Dog

The aiming mechanics are lacking totally.
No matter if you aim well on a target - it will be a gamble if you hit or not. The bullet in the simulation does not leave the barrel physically correct. It's gambling by some not player-controlable parameters in which angle the bullets launches. The aiming !physis! of the player's character is not implemented.

In a better way:

You would - in a replay - be able to SEE weapon sway/trigger pull failure. And during those aiming problems the bullet would leave the barrel straight but of course the barrel would not direct to the target correctly. This is reality and how and why a shooter would not hit his target - and NOT by script gambling.

So, aiming influences would change the barrel direction, not the angle if the bullet leaving the muzzle.
Would be a horror if this would not become rescripted by the developers.

Have a look at ArmA III aiming procedure - they made it correctly.

The player's character development in ingame-abilities would result in constant stamina, concentration, holding breath longer, following the hearable rythm of the own heart beat, control of muscle tremors while running, being exhausted and so on.

Remove the aiming gamble. You shoot what you aim. Anything else is nonsens.