Sign in to follow this  

It seems that the AI program/algorithm is lagging the performance.

I've tested this on my gs73vr 6rf, and it is equipped with i7-6700hq, gtx 1066, 8G*2 2400mhz ram, and a 120hz display.

During the test, no thermo throttling occured (both the cpu and the gpu stayed below 80 degrees celcius.

My graphics setting is all low

OK, here's the case:

I first started "customs" map offline, with pve mode off. The fps is good, at around 80 to 110 (depending on the location). The utilization rate of CPU hangs around 40~50%, and the GPU around 90~100%.

Then I started the same map, offline, and with pve mode on. This time, the fps is around 40~60 fps, even if I'm not firing or taking shot. And the utilization rate of the CPU and GPU both fall to merely a half of that in the previous test. I got CPU utilization at about 20~30%, and GPU utilization  at about 40~50%.

And it is almost the same with the multiplayer mode.

So my conclusion is that maybe the AI program is either not refined enough, or it is not getting the resource it need to keep up with the pace of image processing.

Hope that this problem can be fixed as soon as possible, since it dramatically hinders the processing in GPU and CPU.

Edited by 1094590213
Not completed, pressed "enter" by error
  • Like 1

xrahzu

Because you are hosting the whole "server" on offline mode (just guessing).

• Sad 1

stAKato
On 4/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, 1094590213 said:

I've tested this on my gs73vr 6rf, and it is equipped with i7-6700hq, gtx 1066, 8G*2 2400mhz ram, and a 120hz display.

During the test, no thermo throttling occured (both the cpu and the gpu stayed below 80 degrees celcius.

My graphics setting is all low

OK, here's the case:

I first started "customs" map offline, with pve mode off. The fps is good, at around 80 to 110 (depending on the location). The utilization rate of CPU hangs around 40~50%, and the GPU around 90~100%.

Then I started the same map, offline, and with pve mode on. This time, the fps is around 40~60 fps, even if I'm not firing or taking shot. And the utilization rate of the CPU and GPU both fall to merely a half of that in the previous test. I got CPU utilization at about 20~30%, and GPU utilization  at about 40~50%.

And it is almost the same with the multiplayer mode.

So my conclusion is that maybe the AI program is either not refined enough, or it is not getting the resource it need to keep up with the pace of image processing.

Hope that this problem can be fixed as soon as possible, since it dramatically hinders the processing in GPU and CPU.

This was, is and will be one of the main improvement issue BSG is aware about. 

This was particularly visible during december's 2017 pre wipe event, when they deleted scav spawns. The game was clearly smoother, enjoyable etc... 

They made a lot about this, but this should be improved in a "soon tm" future.