luiscool100

Got any recommendations for someone who has hearing problems?

luiscool100

I have a hearing problem, my right ear is completely deaf. I cant tell which direction sound comes from and i cant hear many of sounds (example: someone stepping on metal). Are there any recommendations or anything I can do to make the hearing part better for me? I know hearing is a big thing in this game 

Madiakz

Hello @luiscool100

There is a program called Sonic Radar which visually represents sound to help those hard of hearing, you are allowed to use this in EFT so I would certainly give it a try and see what you think :) 

Maki_Nishikino

I'm deaf in my left ear, I just spin around a bit.

ThatWallyGuy

There are special headphones you can also get for hearing impaired people.

They will vibrate towards the direction of the sound

I have followed a streamer named Jamit who is deaf, asking among their network of hearing impaired streamers may also help 

• Thanks 1

ShiroTenshi

I am deaf in my right ear, so in raid you will see my character spinning around trying to locate the direction of sound. Works, but the 7.1 headphones are a big help in this. The better the sound quality the better, as you are then able to tell the direction of sound by the small increase/decrease of volume.

After a while, you get used to doing it enough that it doesn't take long to do a 360º spin and know exactly where the sound is coming from. Eventually you will not even do full 360º spins, as experience will enable you to narrow down the angle based on the initial sound, and it's just a matter of turning your ear towards that in order to confirm.