Psychobob

Comprehensive list of fixes and improvements.

Psychobob

Here is my list of things I think are either necessary or would be massive improvements to Escape from Tarkov. I'm sure some of these have been said before or may even be confirmed to be happening but I like to be thorough.

Some of these are major changes but that's what Beta should be for. Testing drastic changes to see what works or doesn't work in an effort to make the game as good as possible.

I'll come back and update if I've left anything out.

Scav Changes

• Player Scavs shouldn't be able to spawn into raids until the timer is at least 50% gone or even more. Player scavs should be scavs and not a second PMC. Less player scavs would give PMCs time to recover and loot after a good firefight. For example; if I killed all the PMCs in Factory I shouldn't have to worry about what is effectively another PMC showing up unless I've been hanging around in the raid for longer than was necessary.
  • Scavs and player Scavs could have "Scav Patches" which are basically like PMC dogtags. Player Scav patches could identify the PMC who was playing them. They could also be required to prove you've killed X number of scavs for a task. They would not be able to be sold on the flea market. Strictly for trader barters and tasks.
  • Scav difficulty should be more intelligent and less aimbot. They should react to information they receive from the player. They should investigate noise, flank targets who sit in one spot. Push target they see reloading or healing. use meds when hurt. Retreat if they are too threatened, they could even go as far as to exit the map.
  • Scav accuracy should be based on the average first shot accuracy or total accuracy of all the players combined. I think this would balance them against players well. Elite scavs, raiders and other factions could have small bonuses to their accuracy/skill.

PMC Changes

• In-built anti-recoil system should be removed then the recoil tweaked to balance. The recoil should be skill-based. Aimed, controlled fire should be the dominant firemode. Full auto fire is impractical in almost all situations in real life and should be in-game as well. Even when prone or using a bipod. The recoil control skill could still slightly reduce weapon sway and/or recoil but should be a very small amount.
  • There needs to be more weapon sway across the board, Especially when moving.
  • We should be able to steady our guns on objects we're crouched near to. It would give a significant reduction to weapon sway and a slight reduction to recoil.
  • We should be able to walk around while packing mags, similar to medical animations.

Medical Changes

• We should be able to combine medical items with themselves to refill them.
  • We should be able to hold a hotkeyed medical item and constantly use it to heal with extended animation time. The animations of some meds over and over is extremely annoying.
  • Leg and Arm damages should be significantly less lethal to direct damage. Leg and arm shots should only be lethal through stacked bleed effects which cause the player to bleed out in a short amount of time. Someone shredding your legs with a full mp7 magazine wouldn't be as directly lethal but would require the player to fight or flight before they bled out.
  • Being shot in any part of the body that is unarmored should have a 100% chance to cause a bleed effect.
  • The rate that you bleed out at should be effected by stamina. If your stamina is low, you heart is beating faster and pumping more blood which would make you bleed faster.
  • Vital organ hitboxes should be a thing; Mostly the Brain, Heart and Lungs.
  • There should be an adrenaline effect when being shot which is effectively a short painkiller effect. Mostly to prevent instantly changing movement speed when receiving a broken or destroyed leg. We shouldn't be required to constantly be on some type of painkiller and when addictions are added it would be even worse. The adrenaline effect could increase bleed rates slightly and cause extra damage when running to broken/destroyed legs for balance. It would have a timer that decreases over a short amount of time and when killing a threat. Alternatively you could just remove the speed changes that happen when receiving a broke/destroyed leg. This would be the simplest fix but a lot less realistic or skill based.

Task Changes

• Tasks shouldn't require PMCs to wear anything less than a full kit; Helmet, Armor, Vest/Rig. Tasks that want you to wear specific gear ("wear a stupid hat" as I call it) should be optional parts of the task that give bonus rewards if you decide to do them. No bonus reward should ever be an unlock. Only extra item or EXP rewards.
  • Tasks shouldn't require using any specific weapon. A specific TYPE of weapon could be acceptable such as using any sniper rifle for a sniper tasks instead of just a DVL. Using a specific weapon could be an optional part of the task that gives bonus rewards if you decide to do it. No bonus reward should ever be an unlock. Only extra item or EXP rewards.
  • Tasks shouldn't require killing Scavs or PMCs by specific body parts. Headshots for example: This could be made an optional part to a task that gives bonus rewards but shouldn't be required. You should also be able to shoot Scavs you've already killed in their head and have it count. No bonus reward should ever be an unlock. Only extra item or EXP rewards.
  • There should be weapon specific task chains. For example; If I like to use M4s I could do the M4 task chain which would unlock the ability to buy M4s sooner and all the mods for the M4. There could be chains for pretty much every type of weapon.
  • Collection tasks should be procedural so everyone has to collect the different items and it's different every time they do the task. With this change and the flea market changes below task items could be purchased from the flea market and the economy would be balanced because nobody would know what items everyone else needs. Prices wouldn't be inflated. We'd have to test to see how easy it made the collection tasks. If they were too easy they would have to be adjusted.
  • Daily tasks would be nice. They could open up after the main task chain is completed. Generic kill Scavs or collect items to start with.

Flea Market Changes

• The Flea market should only allow players to sell items they've looted and extracted with. This would balance the economy and prevent reselling so the item limits could be removed. Items looted from squad mates that were brought into the raid wouldn't count count.
  • There shouldn't be a limit to how much you can sell on the flea market at once, this works better with the other changes I've listed.

Trader Changes

• Traders should sell full basic kits from the start; Helmet, Armor, Vest/Tac-Rig as well as having them available for trades. PMCs should always have the option to go into a raid with a full basic level kit if they have the means to buy it.
  • Traders should sell a finite number of labs entry keycards and once it runs out, that's it. The only place to get them would be the flea market or looting them off maps, Scavs, Elite Scavs and Raiders. Also as an occasional task reward.
  • All items sold by traders should be finite. Items sold to traders would go back into their stocks and since they all buy specific items they would all remain useful as a fast way to sell items without having to use the flea market. If the traders are found to be made useless from the changes then trader barters could be unlimited or set to extremely high numbers to help keep them relevant. Testing would be needed to see what works but I believe this system wouldn't make a significant difference on ability to play the game, even for people who start late.
  • Like 2

PIG-Mathieu
5 hours ago, Psychobob said:

Task Changes

• Tasks shouldn't require PMCs to wear anything less than a full kit; Helmet, Armor, Vest/Rig. Tasks that want you to wear specific gear ("wear a stupid hat" as I call it) should be optional parts of the task that give bonus rewards if you decide to do them. No bonus reward should ever be an unlock. Only extra item or EXP rewards.
  • Tasks shouldn't require killing Scavs or PMCs by specific body parts. Headshots for example: This could be made an optional part to a task that gives bonus rewards but shouldn't be required. You should also be able to shoot Scavs you've already killed in their head and have it count. No bonus reward should ever be an unlock. Only extra item or EXP rewards. 

I really like the idea behind these 2 changes.

I think it could allow for average players to keep making progress with a simple objective, and more experienced and dedicated players to complete a side objective on top of the quest and keep going. Unlocks from such side objectives could be only cosmetics or very little for example, unlocking a new set of clothes or the A2 version of the MP7. 

CooH1e2

Congratulations for such a list. 

I really like a lot of the things you mention and some of them were completely "new" for me.

Here my comments for some points :)

Scav Changes 

The idea behind the SCAV spawn after 50% it's something interesting. Specially because I like the idea of "real scavengers", not undercover PMC's... but I think that except for factory it's not relevant for other maps.

The scav patches/id's is a very good idea. I'd like to understand if there was a player behind this scav and, at the same time, it makes sense that some traders requests proofs that you killed those scav's (specially for Scav bosses). It's linked to the storyline of the game.

I guess you described the desired Scav AI. Hopefully developers will find the way to do it and how to balance properly. 

PMC Changes

I'm in general quite happy with the current shooting system except for the full auto. "Full auto fire is impractical in almost all situations in real life and should be in-game as well"

We've been discussing in this thread also this topic:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/96690-a-deep-dive-into-recoil-mechanics/

I like your idea of the sway, and maybe this is already adding the effect we are looking for. 
The whole point with current full auto is that once the gun has kicked up there is no movement and it's starting the lase phase.
I hope they find the way to change this effect or make it more unpredictable when auto firing.

Medical Changes

"We should be able to combine medical items with themselves to refill them".     I love this idea. also I think it makes sense in almost every case with few exceptions (Painkillers, bandages)

Regarding the constant use recovery .... I think it has sense when you need to heal several limbs, small amounts and you are covered. Anyways I do understantd the logic behind current status bc you need to take care of your wounds, it takes time and it's a tactical decision. It makes you think twice before doing anything.

I also have the feeling that it's needed some rework regarding the damage in legs / arms. I really like your idea of linking this to the bleeding as I think it's closer to a real life situation when shot in these parts, and then "being shot in any part of the body that is unarmored should have a 100% chance to cause a bleed effect". Linking it to stamina seems very logical option, maybe as a future enhancement.

Task Changes

I like the wear stupid hat quests if it has some sense in the story. If a trader asks you to disguise as a terrorist to kill scavs in woods, or wearing an USEC cup if you are a BEAR it feels that there is a purpose that would make sense. Maybe I would let this bonuses for temporary (day/weekly/month) challenges and only for bonuses purposes. White beard during Christmas period for example ...

I loved the idea behind weapon specific tasks chains to force people master the weapon before unlocking the pieces for modding them. 

I like the idea behind the rework in collection tasks and forcing to find them in raids, although I think there should be some improvements. Just adding the option of collecting it at anytime and keeping it in your hideout without waiting for the active quest is enough. 

Fence could keep the KAPPA quest and maybe he can be the trader for the day/weekly challenges 

Trader changes

I like the idea of being restocked by other players but still need to be restocked somehow, so not clear for me how this would benefit the economy system. 

Flea market changes

I'm not in favor of limitations to this market. If people think the price is too high.... you just need to go out and keep looking.  I think this is how this game is intended to be played.

Thanks a lot for your list! I enjoyed reviewing your points and reflecting about them