Sign in to follow this  
OminousOmelet

Much worse performance after 11.7 update

OminousOmelet

I know there was already a thread on the subreddit, but it's pretty bad tbh and I just wanted to make sure it's known I guess. It's been a few days, and while there seems to be somewhat less stuttering then when the patch first launched, I still get WAY less frames then before the patch (as low as half at times). Given the reddit responses, I can see it's not an issue with me (perhaps people with similar builds, idk, specs below). I'm just wondering what happened and hoping this isn't set in stone for this release, it's unplayable at times. If anyone else concurs, I'd like to hear it or clue me in if the devs already responded, thank you.

Specs: windows 10, 16gb 2600rpm ddr4, 6700k, 980ti, game is on 7200rpm hdd

PS: I've tried installig on SSD before and it never made a difference for me, and either way it's the same configuration as before patch.

Edited by OminousOmelet

Sir_Mossy
10 hours ago, OminousOmelet said:

I know there was already a thread on the subreddit, but it's pretty bad tbh and I just wanted to make sure it's known I guess. It's been a few days, and while there seems to be somewhat less stuttering then when the patch first launched, I still get WAY less frames then before the patch (as low as half at times). Given the reddit responses, I can see it's not an issue with me (perhaps people with similar builds, idk, specs below). I'm just wondering what happened and hoping this isn't set in stone for this release, it's unplayable at times. If anyone else concurs, I'd like to hear it or clue me in if the devs already responded, thank you.

Specs: windows 10, 16gb 2600rpm ddr4, 6700k, 980ti, game is on 7200rpm hdd

PS: I've tried installig on SSD before and it never made a difference for me, and either way it's the same configuration as before patch.

As far as I understand, SSD only helps for if you need to reconnect. You're still basically held hostage on the loading screen by other players who may take longer to load, so it doesn't really help there.

As for the build, I have no idea honestly. I have the 1070, which is pretty much identical to the 980ti. You have better RAM than me and the same OS. The only difference is your CPU, which is the only piece of your build that is lesser. Another important thing to note is that I play in 2k resolution and I get 70+ fps at all times.

Could you upload a screenshot of your settings? There might be something that can be changed to make it run a bit better.

OminousOmelet

image.thumb.png.74b465ed6dc48382da80b064bb5f5e99.png

There's my settings, but just to clarify what my issue is: not that my performance is LOW (although it is), it's that it's much LOWER than it was before the patch release. Here's an example: Now admittedly I hadn't played Factory recently (just came back to the game during wipe event to mess around in labs), but I'm used to getting 120fps constant (ignoring the stutters, at least), but now it always drops to the 70s and even 60s at times. That's the most extreme difference in performance, but it happens on demanding maps too. Shoreline can drop to high 40s now (even lower using scopes), which is maybe 20 frames less than before.

Either way, I appreciate the inquiry Sir_Mossy, that's crazy if you really get that performance at all times (at double the pixels rendered). The cards are similar, but mine is an older architecture, so that may be a clue. But again, I WAS getting much better performance (and with a bit higher settings than this, come to think of it).

Whew, long response, thanks again Sir_Mossy.

Kalista

Game seems to be running worse for myself and my friends as well this patch. Lot more frequent stuttering, disconnecting, server disconnects, etc. When the game does run good, it runs good, when it runs bad, it's an out of control dumpster fire. Hit and miss, don't think it pertains to much towards rigs and more so towards optimization and "tweaks" (good or bad) they are doing on their end.

Fukzo0

MY RIg

Intel Core i9 octro 5.00Ghz overclock.

1080 TI 11GB

32 GB RAM

SSD

500 MB internet service

i have 120 FPS in Woods and factory 24/7

i have barely 80-100 FPS at Customs and interchange

i have barely 70-90 Fps at shoreline

So there is not much we can do right now

AdhesiveTeflon

My friend and I have been noticing it too, exactly how you stated.  Going decent at the initial 11.7 update then our performance just tanked, and it's not like we have slow PCs either.  It's more stuttering and random disconnect issues with the rare system crash.

I've also noticed more failed coding when hitting the console button after whatever patch came out yesterday/two days ago.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

WarTraveller

Yep, you are not alone. My PC is definitely not top-of-the-line, but I could get reliable 50+ FPS on Interchange before the patch. Now I can barely reach 30-40, and most of the time I run in the low-mid 20. Shoreline is unchanged, and funnily enough, sometimes runs better than Interchange. Woods and (naturally) factory seem to have the best performance, unchanged since last patch. Customs...customs tanks a lot, though it is still often better than Interchange.

I initially attributed that and the server disconnects and desyncs to the usual post-patch server meltdown, but it has been a few days already...

Edit:
Oh, yes - my loading time on Interchange doubled form about two minutes to four.

Edited by WarTraveller

Mattd316

You may have already tried this but did you make sure to close game launcher on entering the game?This really helped with fps in arma 3 and i have heard it helps with this too.