Trent_Winslow

Tarkov is it worth getting?

Trent_Winslow

I would like to preface everything I am about to write by saying I legit love this game. It could have such a bright future and the game in its currents state has more content then most triple A titles on the market. But I cannot recommend this game with how it is right now.This game has some of the worst net code and hit reg I have ever seen in any video game and before you give me the tired old excuse of "Their a small Russian skeleton team" keep in mind this game has had the undying support of players since almost day one and people are shelling out over 130$ for the eod edition constantly. you would think by this point they would have at least improved it to the point where you wouldnt be getting shot through walls 24/7 or sneaking up behind someone and shooting them in the back of the head 5 times only to have them turn around and kill you. I have been playing eft for well over a year now and the only thing that was noticeable was they fixed the net code just enough so that the rush meta couldnt work as well. They have the backing of many big influencers such as shroud and summit as well as smaller streamers that are not as big but still have a huge voice in the eft community such as klean kotton and devil dog. And this isnt even touching on the cheater situation. And before you say "there is almost no cheaters because they fixed the anti-cheat" that is true to an extent they did make it so you couldnt use cheat engine to speed hack but that is about the only thing they did. The reason no one cheats anymore is because most of the community vanished after a certain patch that brought back several old glitches (I forget what patch it was exactly). I cant tell you how annoying it is to work at getting the money for decent gear or killing someone for it just to go into a raid and die to a guy with a pistol after mag dumping him because non of the shots registered. I guarantee most people well say something along the lines of I'm just bad and that could be so how ever there are so many clips of skilled players having the same thing happen to them over and over again. I genuine want to see this game succeed,like I said I havnt found a game like tarkov in forever and I honestly love it.But if the devs dont stop working on useless guns that people will use for a week and then forget about and making stupid updates to the quests like wearing fleece hats and balaclavas while killing scavs, this game will die for good and I would hate to see that. 
(I know this sounded like a rant and it was but everything I said here was true and myself and others think that the devs need to stop adding stupid garbage fillers into the game and take a bit to fix the issues cause a 3mb technical update so you dont crash every raid is a far cry away from fixing the servers and net code)

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

Phoenixsui

I actually like how the current Tasks are. I haven’t done all of them, but they were all possible in acceptable time.

I agree on the cheater problem its my fun killer No.1.

Even if only 2% cheat, you statistically on big maps will have 1 every 4 raids. If there are 12 player each big map.

And since they find me as soon as i have decent gear, this is the biggest problem in my eyes.

Weekend was ok, but last week was just unreal lol.

Love the game and all the details and new items and maps etc. The developers really put some love in this.

As soon as Hitreg and Anticheat gets better this game will beat every AAA Game.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

RainmakerM4

Yeah cheaters are destroying the game. And players who go in with alot of good gear in a raid get killed and farmed by cheaters. HUGE fun killer to the point where you ask yourself whats the point? Whats the point if you are like me and only raid with high gear from day one. Never been a hatchling or mosling... I like to hunt and kill other players, I like to coordinate my squad to destroy other groups, we carry supplies we share within the unit while raiding etc... And then every couple of raids you back pedal when cheater with a wallhack and aimbot wipes your group effortlessly.

Edited by RainmakerM4
  • Like 1

Hamm

save your money. not worth it 

• Cold 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

NoobOnToast

Seriously dont bother,too many way to many cheaters.

Not going to play this till something is done about them,got past a joke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AdhesiveTeflon

Worth it?  For $20 yea, but I regret spending $100+ on the EoD.

Tarkov has its fun and awesome moments but it also has a lot of WTF moments.  Issues that were "fixed' but in reality just comes up less or comes back the next patch (hello armor bug) - that's my biggest complaint about the game.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

SHO-SHIN

I agree the 2 main issues are performance and hackers (not that I see many). The issue is there is much to lose in EFT already each round. 

But, putting that to one side I paid well over $100 for the game and don't regret it. The way I look at it, I gave that money to play test something very special. And I got something very special in return.

EFT drives me nuts, if I look at it that way - so I just play, put it down for a bit, come back, play some more. I progress, slowly most of the time and I don't sweat it. It's this attitude, that I try to keep that means I don't rage at the project. Works well for me. 

EFT is not for everyone, I would even say it is not for most video gamers. By design I don't think it was ever meant to be so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

hycron

Tarkov is worth getting at any point of the game, just that your money might not be worth it in this -current state-, and by that I mean this immediate state with the new wipe and labs and hackers and so on.

Beyond that though, it's still fun, and the devs have done everything they said they would from talking tarkov podcasts if you track it through time, the goals were set and relatively achieved. A game like this is no easy feat to develop and I think they do their best, in their own way. It could be better, but the game is fundamentally like no other.

I would suggest Tarkov to anyone pretty much at any point, simply because even on the worst days, Tarkov gaming experience has surpassed any other hardcore survivalist shooter, and that's coming from a person who doesn't enjoy jumpscares, real-life guns, hardcore mil-sim gaming etc either. So, you know.

BrettB
2 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I agree the 2 main issues are performance and hackers (not that I see many). The issue is there is much to lose in EFT already each round. 

But, putting that to one side I paid well over $100 for the game and don't regret it. The way I look at it, I gave that money to play test something very special. And I got something very special in return.

EFT drives me nuts, if I look at it that way - so I just play, put it down for a bit, come back, play some more. I progress, slowly most of the time and I don't sweat it. It's this attitude, that I try to keep that means I don't rage at the project. Works well for me. 

EFT is not for everyone, I would even say it is not for most video gamers. By design I don't think it was ever meant to be so. 

This. +1. 100% my attitude too. Although I havent played since 11.7 cause my launcher is broken.

robbbeh

To many cheaters right now. I would wait. it will ruin your experience and you will uninstall.

• Like 1

Wickdsickk
9 minutes ago, robbbeh said:

To many cheaters right now. I would wait. it will ruin your experience and you will uninstall.

The fun thing, we are only here complaining, and furious, because we are so god damn passionate about the game, there is nothing else i really want to play, but right now it feels so futile because i like investing heavily and going in with full gear, and then the infamous cheater dude appears and ends my fun

keyciraptor

Right now, its not really a game. It lacks also in to much promisses. So, i would say, looking at it as a game or trying to make your friends play it right now is fatal and propably a big mistake.

On the other hand, they are hoping so much out of the new engine update and also the promissing stuff are comming very slowly, but they are comming.

I would say, give it some time. At least wait the year 2019 or at least the next big update (0.12). I like the game also very much, despite it has his srs problems, but i guess everything will show it is true face with the next big update.

Hope they will do it, cause even when eft is bringing sometimes the worste out of a person, its a game without his kind. Its nasty, its dirty and its sometimes hatefull, but it is one and only and i hope the bsg crew is not gonna fuk this up^^

• Like 1

Arzzet

I can understand some players frustrations. Cheaters are always a pain in the ass, netcode and/or stutters can be aswell. Quests...well there always be complaints. People want everything easy and right now... sad times nowadays.

Said do, I’ve must be lucky, game runs good for me most of time. Ok I don’t run 120 fps but 60-70 average, and I don’t care much about it. I haven’t encounter that much cheaters aswell, rarely do, but ofc i have seen some.

Beside this, I don’t regret any cent I’ve spent on Tarkov. It has bring me a lot of fun and tons of hours of play.  So in that equation my money vs time spent is long ago compensated. 

New quests ( well, quest condition ), as always will be people who dislike. I’m not saying some can be a pain in the ass or some absurd. But come on people want to do all quests in 2 days is like an obsession, every game is designed to last, so some quests need time and yes, farming... what did you expect? When you will have all done you will cry because you are bored and manually reset your account. You see what I’m saying? 

And for those who “speak in name of the community” better speak for yourself and let the community speak aswell. People who gather in same socials and forums to complain about things of course will have similar opinions and therefore think they are all the playerbase and for some reason they are right in everything. Is sad but true, nowadays the forums are just a escape route for unhappy and sad people rage. 

If you still playing tarkov is because you must like it. Report the problems, enjoy the game, be upset if there are a real gamebreaking problem, but stop complaining about little things as is the end of the world. ( is a real tendency, instead of creating discuss topic, a suggestion, or an example for improve the thing you don’t like, people just come by to rant without purpose or solutions and with no manners ) 

And if you don’t like the game then don’t play it...

cheers

• Upvote 1

Peek-A-Boo

insane ammount of cheaters oh my god bsg do something,all my friends stop playing and me sooonnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rav91

dont listen to all the crybabies complaining about cheaters

the thing is that you cant really tell if someones cheating or not, especially if theres this much desync and lag going on.
Unless its super blatant and he is just runnning around permanently with speedhack onetapping everyone you cant really tell if the person was cheating or not, but i personally havent encountered a single person who  did that.

i got the game a week ago and i think its definetly worth it, ive been looking for a game that gets me hooked for more than a year. i might even upgrade to EOD version but the price tag  is a  bit high..

BaconSniper

I'm wondering where the guy is that says " I have been playing since Alpha and never seen a single cheater"  At least we have some real honest people in this thread. It will probably get locked because we need to only say positive things about Tarkov 

• Upvote 1

shamrock113

If you have friends To play it then it is worth it. 

dr0nxX

its worth it, dont listen to the trolls but this game isnt just regular shooter. Its a hardcore fps/mmo and not for weak minded players.

cheaters are everywhere. csgo is even more infested so is pubg

btw Hamm is a troll, he even said him self he hasnt played game in months. Everyone should block this noob

KatzenShaft

With how the game performs charging $10 is a stretch, glad I got to play before the past number of patchs since labs because the game has ran like complete garbage since then and still is. That isn't to say BSG isn't working on the game non stop, its just the state of the game right now. Love everything about the game except how it performs, not really fun to have a game that is using only 30% cpu, 60% gpu completely lock up every few minutes, on engagements, scav loading in, players extracting or dying, etc. I've been playing for over 2 years and some of these stutters are not new, if it isnt frustrating for you yet, it will be.

Elder_Drake

The game absolutely is worth it as it stands, I think people forget it is in active development and this is a beta. We signed on for this and hell, this beta is alone is worth it to me. Once BSG gets the other maps and mechanics in place, I am sure they will move full into bug squashing and focusing even more on netcode as well as anti-cheat measures. In the meantime they have a set development team and I would rather them work on finishing core mechanics and maps rather than polishing a work in progress.

tl;dr: be patient and realize this is a beta that by itself is worth the money. EOD money? That depends on if you want to support the developer but base package? Absolutely worth every damn penny.

TheMrDmack

I would not waste my money again. I purchased this game 2 days ago and all ive been able to do is play maps that are complete darkness to where you don't know where  the hell you are at. Getting one shotted by scavs.  And having to go into matches with just a knife with the hopes for a weapon. I have yet to get good loot and find an extraction point. Have to have cell phone in one hand looking at a poo map someone made on reddit to try and find and extraction point because god only knows if you buy one your chances of it surviving the one shot scavs and cheaters are nill

Kidido

I would not waste my money again. I purchased this game 2 days ago and all ive been able to do is play maps that are complete darkness to where you don't know where  the hell you are at. Getting one shotted by scavs.  And having to go into matches with just a knife with the hopes for a weapon. I have yet to get good loot and find an extraction point. Have to have cell phone in one hand looking at a poo map someone made on reddit to try and find and extraction point because god only knows if you buy one your chances of it surviving the one shot scavs and cheaters are nil

I believe that in your case the problem is not the game or cheaters.

but don't worry it happens to everyone:  you are a big noob. 😂

You must play a lot of runs full gear and not before complaining about the situations you told.

over time you will learn to cope with these small situations.

Take your time and relax during the raids, enjoy the lights, the sounds, the views (the sunsets and the nights on shoreline have something magical) without being afraid of losing your gear, without being in a hurry to extract full gear, avoid to raid full gear and avoid to raid hatchling, just play. If u dont have any weapon: scav raid and extract and repeat your pmc raid.

you will see that in a few days you will change your mind about everything.

If this does not happen it means as many have said that the game is not for you as it does for many other normal players

Edited by Kidido
  • Like 1

Dronegan

I´ve had this game over a year now. 
I think it runs good for most part. You do notice quite often when playing in squad that your teammates "stutter" when running which is still an issue and have been since ive bought the game. 
Its not a big problem, but can be very annoying if you are using a sniper rifle and have to predict and shot infron of your opponent only to see him "stutter" when you take the shot. 
Be ready to die to desync, invisible scavs etc. 

The quality of the quests could be alot better and more intresting. Getting kill xx ammount of scavs on Customs gets old after you get it for the third time. I had some enjoyment doing the quests the first time. But every wipe now i just buy the things i need of the flea market. 

Game is fun though and these are all accapteble flaws for a game that is in beta. 

The fun ends pretty quickly though when you realize how much cheating is going on. It´s hard to notice when you play solo since you can´t always see who killed you and how. 
But it really got clear to me how big of a problem this is when playing in a squad. Its a big problem.

I wouldn´t recommend the game if you get triggered by dieing to cheaters. If you can live with this then its a good buy.

n_pritch
On 4/16/2019 at 2:16 AM, Trent_Winslow said:

I would like to preface everything I am about to write by saying I legit love this game. It could have such a bright future and the game in its currents state has more content then most triple A titles on the market. But I cannot recommend this game with how it is right now.This game has some of the worst net code and hit reg I have ever seen in any video game and before you give me the tired old excuse of "Their a small Russian skeleton team" keep in mind this game has had the undying support of players since almost day one and people are shelling out over 130$ for the eod edition constantly. you would think by this point they would have at least improved it to the point where you wouldnt be getting shot through walls 24/7 or sneaking up behind someone and shooting them in the back of the head 5 times only to have them turn around and kill you. I have been playing eft for well over a year now and the only thing that was noticeable was they fixed the net code just enough so that the rush meta couldnt work as well. They have the backing of many big influencers such as shroud and summit as well as smaller streamers that are not as big but still have a huge voice in the eft community such as klean kotton and devil dog. And this isnt even touching on the cheater situation. And before you say "there is almost no cheaters because they fixed the anti-cheat" that is true to an extent they did make it so you couldnt use cheat engine to speed hack but that is about the only thing they did. The reason no one cheats anymore is because most of the community vanished after a certain patch that brought back several old glitches (I forget what patch it was exactly). I cant tell you how annoying it is to work at getting the money for decent gear or killing someone for it just to go into a raid and die to a guy with a pistol after mag dumping him because non of the shots registered. I guarantee most people well say something along the lines of I'm just bad and that could be so how ever there are so many clips of skilled players having the same thing happen to them over and over again. I genuine want to see this game succeed,like I said I havnt found a game like tarkov in forever and I honestly love it.But if the devs dont stop working on useless guns that people will use for a week and then forget about and making stupid updates to the quests like wearing fleece hats and balaclavas while killing scavs, this game will die for good and I would hate to see that. 
(I know this sounded like a rant and it was but everything I said here was true and myself and others think that the devs need to stop adding stupid garbage fillers into the game and take a bit to fix the issues cause a 3mb technical update so you dont crash every raid is a far cry away from fixing the servers and net code)

Can we address the fact that some of us pay the $100+ version of this game? Yesterday I came across 3 different hackers in 6 of my raids. 1 in Labs, 2 in Customs. Legit spawned into Labs and immediately got engaged by a speed hacker w/ aimbot. I've been searching everywhere for a forum that is discussing an anti-cheat software, but clearly that's not top priority. The tasks are tasks, it definitely puts the challenge back into completing them, and I enjoy the new twist to things. However, I think the devs need to stop worrying about putting extra material into the game and start investing in an anti-cheat software that constantly bans, not wave bans.

Now lets talk about the ban wave which happened April 1st. The devs say "it is constantly banning players", but if I remember correctly, ban waves don't ban consistently, rather they ban all at once when someone submits the desired number of requests. All major titles to name a few: Rainbow Six: Siege (broken, but still retains a good amount of players), Fortnite (dare I say it), Apex Legends (another one), Call of Duty, etc. All these titles plus more have some sort of anti-cheat service. BattlEye and Anti-Cheat are notorious for banning consistently and if necessary, an admin can initiate a ban wave. The biggest issue I have is that there is no software or files in EFT that are designated to anti-cheat, which means people can freely find a website, pay the service, and have at it. How long does it take to weed through millions of usernames and find the hackers? 1 month, 2 months, maybe even 3 months max? Where is the software that finds these hackers or is the software actual people weeding through the list of players? EFT has become more frustrating than fun and I'd hate to see such a game loose its player base to a bunch of scum bags. Or even worse, its player base becomes a bunch of hackers.

• Like 2