Allfather

20% And Early Buyers + EOD Edition

Allfather

I was just curious as to why the Edge of Darkness edition is still present, despite being "exclusive to early supporters" and allegedly quite limited. On top of that, there is now a 20% discount which feels like bullshit to someone who bought the game ages ago for full price when it was far more of a risk to do so. Just feeling a tad screwed over by this. Now for my actual question: when will EOD no longer be available, and will early supporters receive some sort of extra reward? Call me a snowflake, but that's the exact reason such an edition exists so let's not be hypocrites.

redsoldier3000

Edge of darkness edition is indeed exclusive to early supporters. The project is still in closed alpha phase.
Here are 2 quotes saying that the EOD will no longer be available after Alpha testing

On 27-2-2016 at 3:31 AM, Avexum said:

Early release simply means you can play the full release game, probably a week to 3 days before sooner than anyone else that doesnt have an early access copy.  The only package that wont be available after alpha is Edge of Darkness, as far as I know.

On 16-11-2016 at 6:51 PM, kwahamoT said:

Hello Explicable,

The editions give the following percentages:

• Standard: 0% chance.
  • Left Behind: 25% chance.
  • Prepare for Escape: 50% chance.
  • Edge of Darkness: 100% chance.

Yes, you can upgrade your package, please bare in mind that the EOD addition of the game will only be available until the alpha has ended. Therefore, you will not be able to upgrade your package to EOD after it has been taken off.

I don't think anything is planned to give anything special to the really early supporters of the game. Don't quote me on it though. As for the discount, yeah i was pretty sad aswell knowing i could have saved 20-30%. The discount did allow me to convince some frends to buy the game though.
Hope this satisfies your question.

• Upvote 1

Allfather

Will any dev respond to this concern?

AirOne13

i personally  bought  the  standard  edition and  waited for a  discount  like that  ( developers often do something  like that)

so i buy the cheapest package when i am interested in a  project and wait ,  and  i upgrade  right  befor the  biggest  package  diseapear,  or  when a discount  come

this is exactly  what  i did  with  EFT and  i do not regret  it ;) 

Edited by AirOne13
  • Upvote 1

FriendlyBandit

Does anyone know how often they do the discounts? I was literally just about to purchase the EOD edition when I refreshed the page and sadly saw that the discount has expired.

Aerror
vor 13 Minuten schrieb FriendlyBandit:

Does anyone know how often they do the discounts? I was literally just about to purchase the EOD edition when I refreshed the page and sadly saw that the discount has expired.

well i dont think there will be one more discount before beta starts

as far as i know,they did one on black friday too

Edited by Aerror

boebab
On 03/01/2017 at 8:10 AM, Allfather said:

I was just curious as to why the Edge of Darkness edition is still present, despite being "exclusive to early supporters" and allegedly quite limited. On top of that, there is now a 20% discount which feels like bullshit to someone who bought the game ages ago for full price when it was far more of a risk to do so. Just feeling a tad screwed over by this. Now for my actual question: when will EOD no longer be available, and will early supporters receive some sort of extra reward? Call me a snowflake, but that's the exact reason such an edition exists so let's not be hypocrites.

Its still basically early supporters, game is in alpha. Not early access or freaking kickstarter. We already received our special toys. Hatchet gamma containter stash etc. 

As for the discount... the devs can decide that when they want. Think logically, if you were to go buy a tv and a week later it goes on sale.. are you gonna go complain that you bought it at full price? Or are you just going to be happy to have the tv and not mind the extra 20% to go to the developers as a gesture of thanks and support for making the game. Please dont cutie about money, its really stupid.

So I really think the EOD edition should just be available till the end of apha(which it is). And that those people who bought it should get some sort of thanks(which they do, ingame, check the size of your stash and gamma container + sexy tommahawk)

I do realize I sound harsh but it sucks when people complain about money or being better because they spent more money. The money goes to the devs for making a great game. I think the game is worth the 60$ if its done. So if my other 60$ goes to the devs as a thank you.. Im cool with that or if it helps to get the game to the final point... 

Food

Me and 5 of my friends are going to buy 5 copys of EOD at the end of this month . We would be really disappointed if they removed EOD from the pre-order page :P

Edited by fhody125

RikiBreeiki

I remember tarkovescaper saying there would be no discounts till steam release :/ or maybe i am losing my mind

Allfather
On 1/5/2017 at 3:31 PM, boebab said:

As for the discount... the devs can decide that when they want. Think logically, if you were to go buy a tv and a week later it goes on sale.. are you gonna go complain that you bought it at full price? Or are you just going to be happy to have the tv and not mind the extra 20% to go to the developers as a gesture of thanks and support for making the game. Please dont cutie about money, its really stupid.

That is an incredibly silly comparison. Funny that you bring up logic! This situation is far more specific, and let me provide you with a counter analogy:

If you pre-ordered a game (FIFA 18 for example) for $60 USD, and it was discounted months later (and still months prior to release) for $40, what would you do? Would you cancel your pre-order and re-purchase the cheaper option? Of course you would! Like any bloke with half a brain! Now what if that choice was stripped from you, and your mate purchased the same game that isn't even out yet for $20 less than you? You would feel slighted!

Am I happy with the devs making money? Yes! Am I happy about purchasing/supporting them much earlier and at far higher risk and despite this, paying $30 more for it than you did? Yeah, I am little peeved -- no doubt about it.

Edited by Allfather

boebab
On 1/8/2017 at 3:39 AM, Allfather said:

That is an incredibly silly comparison. Funny that you bring up logic! This situation is far more specific, and let me provide you with a counter analogy:

If you pre-ordered a game (FIFA 18 for example) for $60 USD, and it was discounted months later (and still months prior to release) for $40, what would you do? Would you cancel your pre-order and re-purchase the cheaper option? Of course you would! Like any bloke with half a brain! Now what if that choice was stripped from you, and your mate purchased the same game that isn't even out yet for $20 less than you? You would feel slighted!

Am I happy with the devs making money? Yes! Am I happy about purchasing/supporting them much earlier and at far higher risk and despite this, paying $30 more for it than you did? Yeah, I am little peeved -- no doubt about it.

Let me just start off with you sound like a real baby....

So the point is you bought the game, purchased it and received access to the alpha. done. It was a sale, they gave you a game and you gave them money. end of transaction. You can't cancel it, no refund. You chose to buy it, now you have it. Now they decide to offer discount.... it's their choice and you have no say about it. If you truly are so salty about your 20% then sell your account at full price when the game releases.

Why can't you just accept it as it is, and for some people who couldn't afford it, its kinda cool. now they can.

Stop arguing about money, it's retarded.

Allfather
15 hours ago, boebab said:

Let me just start off with you sound like a real baby....

So the point is you bought the game, purchased it and received access to the alpha. done. It was a sale, they gave you a game and you gave them money. end of transaction. You can't cancel it, no refund. You chose to buy it, now you have it. Now they decide to offer discount.... it's their choice and you have no say about it. If you truly are so salty about your 20% then sell your account at full price when the game releases.

Why can't you just accept it as it is, and for some people who couldn't afford it, its kinda cool. now they can.

Stop arguing about money, it's retarded.

When you earn and spend money on your own accord, you will understand. Mommy buying you a game doesn't count buddy!

boebab
17 minutes ago, Allfather said:

When you earn and spend money on your own accord, you will understand. Mommy buying you a game doesn't count buddy!

Im 21 dude, I work and study, I understand the struggles of money. And I don't get paid dollers, 1$ = 15 of mine.... but in the end its just money.