JoeRollz

Find in Raid Retardation

JoeRollz

'People are starving go get me 15 cans of meat IN RAID.' Why does it even matter where the canned meat comes from?

'My car is broken go get me parts IN RAID.' Parts are parts it doesn't matter.

'I need cigarettes go get me some IN RAID.' Seriously?

If you're gonna do this nonsense you may as well make quest items place-able in secure containers. 

They created a glorious market place then proceeded to make it useless.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

GrimmCro

Not only that, after hoarding a ton of items IN RAID I just found out they're useless because you have to find them after accepting the task.  So I got spring cleaning to do, ton of money to make and a whole lot of looting to do anew.

These people fascinate me with their "fixes"...

Hamm

i said it once ill say it again. They have no idea what they are doing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

PTIPPY

Meh get over it cry babies lol its supposed to be hard not easy where you just buy items for the missions. How is that a mission then? lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

AdhesiveTeflon
17 hours ago, GrimmCro said:

Not only that, after hoarding a ton of items IN RAID I just found out they're useless because you have to find them after accepting the task.  So I got spring cleaning to do, ton of money to make and a whole lot of looting to do anew.

These people fascinate me with their "fixes"...

I JUST noticed that today with the gas analyzer for therapist.....WTF?!  This basically makes the scav junk box useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jared_Last

How about just not having crappy "quests" based on RNG loot and instead make fun/engaging quests that test your skill in combat instead of how many times you can hatchet race to loot spawns before other people. The developers seriously need to play some other games with good quests like fallout or even GTA or something and take some notes. 

Slander
19 hours ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

I JUST noticed that today with the gas analyzer for therapist.....WTF?!  This basically makes the scav junk box useless.

Well it probably just is the old items you picked up that isn't registered as "found in raid". You can see a symbol on the items if you have them marked as found in raid. So now you can start hoarding for future quests, it's the items you picked up before the fix that doesn't work. 

Still sucks, but the junk box is not useless :)

• Like 1

AdhesiveTeflon
12 minutes ago, Slander said:

So now you can start hoarding for future quests, it's the items you picked up before the fix that doesn't work. 

Still sucks, but the junk box is not useless :)

Gotcha, I didn't realize that, good to know though!

sleava

Some things you can get in a raid, some things you can't. I think the reason they brought this is was to deal with people like me: who just uses piles of money to smash through the quests. 

JoeRollz

So yah, next wipe you can start hording quest items that will be 'found in raid' however, you will still have to find those items again to accomplish the found portion. So you find 7x winstons pre-quest which are eligible for turn-in but, you will still have to find another 7 to achieve the finding part of the task. For me this nonsense started after a few micro-patches with, 'Signal Part 2'. I had the PC CPUs, rec-batts and circuit boards pre-looted ready to go. Mechanic took them but, I still had to find new ones to complete the 'find'.

All of these items are found in raid, regardless of who finds them. The traders don't sell them for a reason. Someone has to go in and do the work and, if they decide to sell that item, receive compensation equal to what the market determines.

Loot rates are currently around 10,000% higher than what they'll be on launch but, at least we'll have a Mars colony by then. Without a maxed attention skill the 3 filing cabinets you loot will only contain 1 box of matches. 

ldtorroc

It is a stop gap people, think of it this way, They are trying to slow down how quickly people are leveling in the game so they are trying other ways to do so. Rather then incress how much xp it takes to get from lvl1-40, or change what lvls traders unlock at or even parts They are trying a system with is meant and aimed at slowing down players, to incress the life line of the game. I understand how you all feel on how stupid it feels, Its a soft nerf bat to how quickly people are leveling But dosnt seem to work because you can find the items before you start the mission 'NOW' and turn them in, two or three days ago we couldn't do that. This is ment to stop players from just buying it off the market and saying here ya go.

But let me point this out from the pmc's point of view tho, Why do i need this car battery over this keder-b, I have no use for it so why should i take it. Our pmc's dont know these are the items they need and the 'find in raid' is trying to reflect this. The problem is, the leveling we need to see some kind of... changes to how items and gear we get can be impacted by xp creep.  I have no problem with runing lower end gear even in to late wipe because i know im going to lose it away way because someone with a weapon with can one or two tap my chest is already going to be in the game i am.

The problem EFT has currently is people get to max level too quickly and are getting board with the game and wanting a wipe, So BSG is testing out ways to try and slow down the progression, rather then expanding on it. As much as i hate myself for saying this, add in a prestige mode were a player can activate it once hitting say 50 or what ever the max level is, with wipes their stash, rests their quests keeps their soft skills, and unlocks special cosmetic variants to already existing mods and gear, or even unlocking special gear with can only be gotten from doing a prestige or looted from a predigested player.

• Like 1

DnZ1
vor 11 Stunden schrieb ldtorroc:

It is a stop gap people, think of it this way, They are trying to slow down how quickly people are leveling in the game so they are trying other ways to do so. Rather then incress how much xp it takes to get from lvl1-40, or change what lvls traders unlock at or even parts They are trying a system with is meant and aimed at slowing down players, to incress the life line of the game. I understand how you all feel on how stupid it feels, Its a soft nerf bat to how quickly people are leveling But dosnt seem to work because you can find the items before you start the mission 'NOW' and turn them in, two or three days ago we couldn't do that. This is ment to stop players from just buying it off the market and saying here ya go.

But let me point this out from the pmc's point of view tho, Why do i need this car battery over this keder-b, I have no use for it so why should i take it. Our pmc's dont know these are the items they need and the 'find in raid' is trying to reflect this. The problem is, the leveling we need to see some kind of... changes to how items and gear we get can be impacted by xp creep.  I have no problem with runing lower end gear even in to late wipe because i know im going to lose it away way because someone with a weapon with can one or two tap my chest is already going to be in the game i am.

The problem EFT has currently is people get to max level too quickly and are getting board with the game and wanting a wipe, So BSG is testing out ways to try and slow down the progression, rather then expanding on it. As much as i hate myself for saying this, add in a prestige mode were a player can activate it once hitting say 50 or what ever the max level is, with wipes their stash, rests their quests keeps their soft skills, and unlocks special cosmetic variants to already existing mods and gear, or even unlocking special gear with can only be gotten from doing a prestige or looted from a predigested player.

And thats simply a stupid thing. Extending the same content with more time-consuming additions to the SAME quests as before isnt very creative in creating "more content". Same with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl and Lost Alpha. Basically the same game but Lost Alpha stretched out walking routes and Maps so u had some more hours for pretty much the same content. If BSG wants to improve content or prevent people from getting bored they should add something like Daily quests / weekly quests or (as we will get in 0.12) new maps. New Weapons and Mods with the same quests just stretched out wont prevent people from getting bored, they will likely just quit for one wipe because they dont want to invest twice the time for the same grind.

salidin

Revamping the task system so that all quests are active at all times from the start would help significantly if these types of quests are retained when you cannot simply load into which map you want; Reputation system may need to be reworked as well maybe turning dog tags into traders instead of these quests? The ability to "purchase" trader tiers similar to the new skier quest but with significant worth. 

Peacekeeper: Helping UN patrols killing scavs/defending them = rep 

Therapist: Giving food and supplies to her of all kinds = rep

Prapor: giving tools, equipment and the like = rep

Mecahnic: giving weapons/attachments/ammo = rep

Skier: Killing in general/tools/weapons/attachments = rep

Ragman = giving all clothing to the ragman be it armor, backpacks, or just hats and facemasks. =rep 

Hunter = Giving supplies, killing scavs, sniper scopes, = rep

Any additional trader has items they like will take. Or maybe instead you attach reputation to bartering. And instead pf the max rep being 3.00  which then unlocks everything make it 100.00 every $50k-100k buy/sell is .01 rep which can be supplemented by the above concept of certain goods giving more rep or simply giving it to them rather than selling them gives a rep. 

Doing tasks along with this (static mind you like get the GPU/Documents/briefcase/files/etc are perfectly fine and acceptable) would work not only well in the current raid system but even after they make maps interconnected. 

• Like 3

ldtorroc
5 hours ago, DnZ1 said:

And thats simply a stupid thing. Extending the same content with more time-consuming additions to the SAME quests as before isnt very creative in creating "more content". Same with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl and Lost Alpha. Basically the same game but Lost Alpha stretched out walking routes and Maps so u had some more hours for pretty much the same content. If BSG wants to improve content or prevent people from getting bored they should add something like Daily quests / weekly quests or (as we will get in 0.12) new maps. New Weapons and Mods with the same quests just stretched out wont prevent people from getting bored, they will likely just quit for one wipe because they dont want to invest twice the time for the same grind.

Not entirely, Many game companies have done this in the past beyond just stalker, For an poor example the mmo WOW, Many taskes or quests with in WOW have changed since it was created. Some have been dumbed down while others have been made harder by tweaking little things with in the game.

The fact of the matter is, at this point the tasks in game are currently filler content to give players something to do other then go in kill, loot and get out. It has already been said the tasks as they are now are 'SIDE' missions with once the game as the true mission system in we will be able to use to help lvl up and gain more gear as we progress through the story.

I understand that you feel that such a simple change is game braking in the short goal but when you look at the over all bigger picture it makes sense at what they are doing.

As far as daily/weekly quests i think a system like that could do some good later down the line when we are closer to the launch of the game, The idea of daily quests with could reward you with ammo,meds, or even some gear for completing a relatively simple or difficult task would be a nice touch to the game to help brake up the 'SIDE' mission grind.

DnZ1
vor einer Stunde schrieb ldtorroc:

Not entirely, Many game companies have done this in the past beyond just stalker, For an poor example the mmo WOW, Many taskes or quests with in WOW have changed since it was created. Some have been dumbed down while others have been made harder by tweaking little things with in the game.

The fact of the matter is, at this point the tasks in game are currently filler content to give players something to do other then go in kill, loot and get out. It has already been said the tasks as they are now are 'SIDE' missions with once the game as the true mission system in we will be able to use to help lvl up and gain more gear as we progress through the story.

I understand that you feel that such a simple change is game braking in the short goal but when you look at the over all bigger picture it makes sense at what they are doing.

As far as daily/weekly quests i think a system like that could do some good later down the line when we are closer to the launch of the game, The idea of daily quests with could reward you with ammo,meds, or even some gear for completing a relatively simple or difficult task would be a nice touch to the game to help brake up the 'SIDE' mission grind.

Yea but in WOW you dont need quests to unlock most of the games gear. Also you just level up through quests fast to reach endgame and to then grind for gear / mythic content etc. I see tarkov is not finished yet but locking most of the gear behind trader rep and quests and then extending time to reach that gear isnt the right thing. This will make people bored as much as it would be boring having all the gear available from lvl 1 . The game is just lacking endgame at the moment and extending the grind makes it just worse in my opinion. I loved the high gear PvP in tarkov, but this extending of the grind will lead to so much low lvl gear PvP.

ldtorroc

Im not saying you are

17 minutes ago, DnZ1 said:

Yea but in WOW you dont need quests to unlock most of the games gear. Also you just level up through quests fast to reach endgame and to then grind for gear / mythic content etc. I see tarkov is not finished yet but locking most of the gear behind trader rep and quests and then extending time to reach that gear isnt the right thing. This will make people bored as much as it would be boring having all the gear available from lvl 1 . The game is just lacking endgame at the moment and extending the grind makes it just worse in my opinion. I loved the high gear PvP in tarkov, but this extending of the grind will lead to so much low lvl gear PvP.

I am not saying you are wrong on the regard of some of the gear in the game needing to be at a lower lvl for all players can use it. There are some items i would love to see a rework on not only when they are availiable but also for how much. As far as locking gear behind trader rep and quests, I can understand why they want to that. Sadly it comes back to trying to limit the progression of the game by making you do those missions to get the best bullets. I can understand a point of it. But at the point of the game now people are just hungry for more content due to the repetitive grind we are doing over and over again.

I dont Blame BSG for trying to mix things up and see if it works or not because the only way to see if it dose IS TO TRY IT. People have been bitching and moaning about how easy it is for players to get to lvl 40 and have been asking for nerf's and soft caps to help limit people from getting there, but now that BSG has tryed to put something in to do this people lose their poo. Give it a wipe or two see how it feels and make your voice heard then.

Honistly ill say this, High gear PVP is dull, what is the point of it when you can one tap a guy with your rifle when he is wearing the best armor in the game. Least with low lvl pvp, you have a chance of survival.

DnZ1
vor 36 Minuten schrieb ldtorroc:

Im not saying you are

I am not saying you are wrong on the regard of some of the gear in the game needing to be at a lower lvl for all players can use it. There are some items i would love to see a rework on not only when they are availiable but also for how much. As far as locking gear behind trader rep and quests, I can understand why they want to that. Sadly it comes back to trying to limit the progression of the game by making you do those missions to get the best bullets. I can understand a point of it. But at the point of the game now people are just hungry for more content due to the repetitive grind we are doing over and over again.

I dont Blame BSG for trying to mix things up and see if it works or not because the only way to see if it dose IS TO TRY IT. People have been bitching and moaning about how easy it is for players to get to lvl 40 and have been asking for nerf's and soft caps to help limit people from getting there, but now that BSG has tryed to put something in to do this people lose their poo. Give it a wipe or two see how it feels and make your voice heard then.

Honistly ill say this, High gear PVP is dull, what is the point of it when you can one tap a guy with your rifle when he is wearing the best armor in the game. Least with low lvl pvp, you have a chance of survival.

Hmmm the people crying about how it is easy to get to lvl 40 and to trader rep 4 are playing 10+ hrs daily and/or are streamers which do this for a living. Also keep in mind that you have initial trader reps with EOD . I think you start at lvl 2 traders with it. So basically you have to quest less as an EOD user. I can see BSG trying to fit the game to what community says. But they listening to the wrong people. People watch Pestily lvl fast to 40 on youtube, but missing out the point that he has never to worry about in game money. He had 18m Roubles at lvl 13 i think, just from donations of his fanbase. Sure its easy just to lvl up in labs, buy one keycard after another and try to max out XP in a run. These people come here and whining " ooooh its too easy". Im not saying that a casual gamer with 3 hrs playtime a week should be able to get to lvl 40 in 2 weeks, but honestly after all those wipes i played im losing motivation a bit. Never found the quests stupid or repetitive. They were always just a way to farm rep for me.

Why high gear pvp is dull? You talking about mosin one tapping high lvl armor? 
You have acces to more weapons, more mods, more diversity in how you can play.
Besides that if you ever meet a better geared player with acces to high lvl armor while being on trader lvl 1 or 2, its just not fun to have only PS or even BP ammo. You need 23+ shots to kill on thorax and thats were high lvl pvp with faster kill time is more interesting. Every fault of yours can result in your fast death and not this" sprinting around taking 50 bullets not dying poo" 
With the implementation of med animation and mag drilling this game isnt made for bullet spongyness.
It was kinda fun to COD-style it some wipes ago where u could heal while shooting and only needed 2 mags because there was no mag drilling. But with these two features in game (thankfully) fast kill time is needed as it comes with high grade ammo

Edited by DnZ1

ldtorroc
3 minutes ago, DnZ1 said:

Hmmm the people crying about how it is easy to get to lvl 40 and to trader rep 4 are playing 10+ hrs daily and/or are streamers which do this for a living. Also keep in mind that you have initial trader reps with EOD . I think you start at lvl 2 traders with it. So basically you have to quest less as an EOD user. I can see BSG trying to fit the game to what community says. But they listening to the wrong people. People watch Pestily lvl fast to 40 on youtube, but missing out the point that he has never to worry about in game money. He had 18m Roubles at lvl 13 i think, just from donations of his fanbase. Sure its easy just to lvl up in labs, buy one keycard after another and try to max out XP in a run. These people come here and whining " ooooh its too easy". Im not saying that a casual gamer with 3 hrs playtime a week should be able to get to lvl 40 in 2 weeks, but honestly after all those wipes i played im losing motivation a bit. Never found the quests stupid or repetitive. They were always just a way to farm rep for me.

Why high gear pvp is dull? You talking about mosin one tapping high lvl armor? 
You have acces to more weapons, more mods, more diversity in how you can play.
Besides that if you ever meet a better geared player with acces to high lvl armor while being on trader lvl 1 or 2, its just not fun to have only PS or even BP ammo. You need 23+ shots to kill on thorax and thats were high lvl pvp with faster kill time is more interesting. Every fault of yours can result in your fast death and not this" sprinting around taking 50 bullets not dying poo" 
With the implementation of med animation and mag drilling this game isnt made for bullet spongyness.
It was kinda fun to COD-style it some wipes ago where u could heal while shooting and only needed 2 mags because there was no mag drilling. But with these two features in game fast kill time is needed as it comes with high grade ammo

Eod only gives the rep required for  lvl 2 on some of the traders when you are at the lvl for it, and its such a small amount of rep you sould have it by the time you at those levels anyway so dosnt matter. As for the PVP side? here is why i say this, High level or no, any fault you make can result in your fast death. There is no changing this, Dont count your rounds, your dead, dont med up, your dead, step out in to a hall way before throwing a nade when you know some one is out there, your dead. It dosnt matter if its high or low, The matter is the effect the gear has. You can get taped not by just a mosin, but many other weapons now to the chest and get one shot. Im not complaining that its too powerful or under preforming, The gear is normal a sliding scale, as you level up, the better equipment you get, the bullets scale with what your going up agenst. lvl30+ your going up agenst lvl 4+ armor. no question, SO even with these higher pen rounds you get with high lvl pvp they are still bullet spunges OR you die one shot. 

This is the same across both low and high lvl. I honistly think the difficulty is with the low lvl pvp because there you dont have the armor, there you didnt have many weapons with could melt someone's face in 3 seconds when they are wearing a fort and altin. Looking at you mp7. The thing i like about low lvl is you learn the RAW ability of the weapons your using rather then having to use a crutch to lean on them, you lean that you need to rather then try and face tank the guy with the shotgun you need to push around the and try and flank him, Yes all these aspects are in high lvl but high lvl is far more forgiving because you have the armor, because you have the helm, because you have the meds. And the thing is, alot of the 'hard core' and 'soft core' gamers who play this game get to a point when the high lvl pvp isnt fun because your getting melted sometimes before you can react. 

Now back to the topic at hand, I think the mechanic works, It needs some fine tuning but it works. Once we see the real missions added some adjustments to the gear system maby we can both see eye to eye then.

Dreth
On 4/20/2019 at 3:34 AM, PTIPPY said:

Meh get over it cry babies lol its supposed to be hard not easy where you just buy items for the missions. How is that a mission then? lol

RNG =/= difficulty.

BrettB

If you get out with trade items as a scav, do they count as Found in Raid?

ldtorroc
8 minutes ago, BrettB said:

If you get out with trade items as a scav, do they count as Found in Raid?

yes yes they do

BrettB

Thanks. I just found out for myself too. Gas Analyzer!!! you ripper!!!

Vodor

So before the flea market came in we had to find stuff in the raid anyway.

Its no different now, it just got really easy for a patch.

Whats the point in paying to complete quests, it makes no sense as you’re essentially turning in money for XP.

Plus you can still buy everything for gunsmith, for those that remember how difficult they were!

xsaintone

I dont mind to find in raid but spawn rates are ridiculous. Like wtf is this. over 200 raids so far and barerly found tushonkas and cigarettes. Looted over 100PC's 0 GPU found, 1 USB flashdrive. Jesus these are quest items....From patch to patch iam regreting my investment in this game. Its slowly dying. Iam not expecting it to be released before 2025...

Edited by xsaintone