Like 90% of my shots are not registering

Squirrel1sniper

All the talk about the game being beta is absolute nonsense. The FUNDAMENTALS of the game are broken. If you still haven't got the basics right after nearly four years then there really isn't much hope. I've lost count on the amount of times I Alt-Z, hit save and rewatch and are just godsmacked at how bad the registry can be. Blatent headshots with good AP ammo, and blood splatters--spins around and nails me straight to head eyes. Ive had 33 shots of ingolnik on a PMC, who was 15ft away, I hit just 6 shots, 215 damage-he turned, ran behind a box and just insta headshot me. Third time in maybe 10 raids. It should not be happening, its that simple. Zero excuse at this stage of development. I do suspect the server hosting is micky mouse, low cost and may contribute to the seemingly inconsistent gameplay. 

Edited by stant0s
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
chrisragnar

All these accounts of how much you think you hit and what the post screen says is kinda useless imo. 

It's a beta test, so test. Go in with a friend and actually perform controlled tests.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Newbie to the game and came across this thread just trying to check if I'm really that bad or if something else is up. Understand it's still beta but since last post was September thought I would ask if this is still an issue.

One example. Guy comes around corner when I'm crouched, I see him and when he's about 1m/3ft away two shots from mp 133 shotgun 0 hits registered?

TensedTatterTot
On 8/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, Na0cho said:

Yes it happens. Yes it sucks. Yes it would be better if it didn’t. 

however, the game is still in beta. Content is added pretty frequently. Every time content is added, there’s more chances for bugs, glitches, etc. 

some things are easily fixable and some aren’t. They should not slow down development of the game or content to address every little issue, though they do dedicate a lot of time to just that. 

remember those 2-3 second stutters we used to get?  Haven’t seen any “thank you bsg” threads popping up since it’s been fixed.  

if the game is frustrating you, and I get it’s very frustrating to die to things that you have no control over, then take a break. 

come back next wipe. Try out the new stuff. 

it is healthy to vent when you need to, but not to do it constantly. Then it just becomes complaining. 

Always remember that the game will be wiped many many more times before release(and who knows maybe even after) so none of this loot you are losing from dying to desynch issues really matters. 

If you are so low on gear that you can’t field a kit, well that’s not desynch. That’s you needing to adjust your play style. 

Remember also, it doesn’t hurt to tell bsg what a good job they are doing once in a while too. 

this is my second wipe and the amount of poo that has changed just since I started playing is astronomical. It feels like a completely different game in some respects.

Give credit where it’s due, these guys are pumping big content out at a decent pace. 

1) They may say it's in Beta, but this game is at the Alpha stage. Beta is for polishing and tweaks. Foundational systems, such as audio, are still due to be changed.

2) Hit reg issues in an FPS are NOT 'little issues'. Good hit reg is a fundamental aspect of any FPS and when it doesn't work your games primary mechanic isn't working properly.

3) Complaining is absolutely fine. BSG opened themselves up to feedback from the community, that means praise AND complaints. If they don't address recurring issues they deserve complaints.

4) The post was about hit reg issues, try to keep your answer on topic and format it so it doesn't read like a 5th grade story?

TensedTatterTot
On 9/20/2020 at 11:33 PM, stant0s said:

The FUNDAMENTALS of the game are broken.

This is something I have said before and it still remains true.

8 hours ago, ki3ar said:

Hi Everyone,

Newbie to the game and came across this thread just trying to check if I'm really that bad or if something else is up. Understand it's still beta but since last post was September thought I would ask if this is still an issue.

One example. Guy comes around corner when I'm crouched, I see him and when he's about 1m/3ft away two shots from mp 133 shotgun 0 hits registered?

Shotguns are very inconsistent on this game. I would assume the spread pattern generation (for want of a better word) is the issue. Makes using them at range above 5 metres incredibly risky. Most shotguns are reliably effective to 20 metres IRL, but in video games for some reason they have to be super close range.

In your case, if you hit his torso his armour could take the damage.

Na0cho
3 minutes ago, TensedTatterTot said:

1) They may say it's in Beta, but this game is at the Alpha stage. Beta is for polishing and tweaks. Foundational systems, such as audio, are still due to be changed.

2) Hit reg issues in an FPS are NOT 'little issues'. Good hit reg is a fundamental aspect of any FPS and when it doesn't work your games primary mechanic isn't working properly.

3) Complaining is absolutely fine. BSG opened themselves up to feedback from the community, that means praise AND complaints. If they don't address recurring issues they deserve complaints.

4) The post was about hit reg issues, try to keep your answer on topic and format it so it doesn't read like a 5th grade story?

1) sounds like an opinion not fact. Beta is for whatever they want it to be for. 

2) it’s beta and it’s not just an fps. I think that’s half the issue is most of you seem to think that’s all this game is. Also they are working on it so complaining is useless as it’s been brought up ad nauseum 

3) constructive feedback is great, complaining is not. Especially when said issue has been discussed plenty. 

4) again your opinion and I don’t have to write how you want or anyone else and if mods have an issue with it they will let me know I am sure.   If you don’t see how my post relates to op then maybe read better?

play the game and test the game or don’t. Leave feedback or don’t. 

crying over and over and over and over and beating a dead horse makes you look nothing like a petulant spoiled child. 

tell us more what bsg needs to do. Or how we need to post on the forums. Can’t imagine how you treat people irl. God forbid your kid leaves a lego out or something. 

TensedTatterTot
13 minutes ago, Na0cho said:

1) sounds like an opinion not fact. Beta is for whatever they want it to be for. 

2) it’s beta and it’s not just an fps. I think that’s half the issue is most of you seem to think that’s all this game is. Also they are working on it so complaining is useless as it’s been brought up ad nauseum 

3) constructive feedback is great, complaining is not. Especially when said issue has been discussed plenty. 

4) again your opinion and I don’t have to write how you want or anyone else and if mods have an issue with it they will let me know I am sure.   If you don’t see how my post relates to op then maybe read better?

play the game and test the game or don’t. Leave feedback or don’t. 

crying over and over and over and over and beating a dead horse makes you look nothing like a petulant spoiled child. 

tell us more what bsg needs to do. Or how we need to post on the forums. Can’t imagine how you treat people irl. God forbid your kid leaves a lego out or something. 

1) That's fair, depends where you look. Opinions are valid though, afterall I read yours.

2) It's primary mechanic is FPS. All of the other elements are secondary, the fact that you don't get that is the issue. Everything from quests, modding, looting revolves around the FPS functionality (which hasn't worked properly for many wipes). Hell, the trailers aren't of people walking around opening draws are they?

3)   Like i said, complaining is fine in context. The context of this, as well as other issues people complain about, is that people politely feedback major issues to BSG and it doesn't get addressed by them for a long time. Then people get pissed, rightfully so. They paid to support the process, and whilst I agree that it is a process that takes time, the hit reg issue is a prime example of basics that they haven't fixed in 5 years.

4) Everything is opinion dude. You brought up gear loss and the psychological aspects of the game, which has no real relevance to the main issue. Your opinion is that it is relevant, mine is that it isn't to this particular topic.

I'm glad you're enjoying you gameplay dude, but many people have problems with the game and how BSG are communicating/not communicating with the player base about fixes. In a game where the primary mechanic is shooting things, hit reg issues 5 years in are pretty concerning to those of us who want this game to reach close to BSG's original ideals.

"Leave feedback or don't"... we are mate. That's the whole point of these threads. Haha ad hominems now? And I am the petulant child because I dare to disagree with you poor reasoning and sycophancy? 

Edited by TensedTatterTot
Na0cho
On 4/21/2019 at 12:28 PM, Squirrel1sniper said:

Anyone experiencing huge bullet reg problems?

Tried out the new 9x19 ap bullet and shot a full kit guy with the entire 50 round mag of the mp5. 80% of the shots should of hit. He had ulton and fort, but the ap has such high armour damage it should of destroyed his fort in 6 bullets. Anyway, i pushed him, put another 30 rounds into him before getting 2 shot through level 4 armour from his adar. I thought alright, im just trash and was expecting that his fort was the only thing saving him. The end results were that i shot 200 rounds with 3 hitting. I am a bad player yes but there is no recoil laying down so even the worst would not miss that much. It is just unplayable sometimes.

Like is he cheating? Or huge desync? It has happened to me twice now.

I want to enjoy the game but i swear its getting harder and harder.

There has been pretty bad desync lately most likely due in part to the influx of new players from the drops event.  Well that and the horrible netcode. 

I mag dumped a 50 round mag of m995’s yesterday from a pimped out m4 into a scav on shoreline and he didn’t die and probably would have killed me had my friend not been there to tap him out with an ap20 slug. 

like on both our screens you could see the bullets shredding him and blood flying, the area around him looked like a butcher shop yet he didn’t die to 50 m995 point blank with like 60 recoil. I didn’t miss one bullet. 

as newer players drop off a bit and players who got kappa and are bored wander off it will get better. Not good but better. 

they really need to fix this as it leads to a lot of hackusation threads because people don’t understand what’s happening. 

sorry it happened to you bro, if you need help hit me up in game username : Slipree

got friends who can help you too we just hit 40. Took me almost 3 weeks this time but the holidays slowed me down too!  We also have a bunch of guys in their 20’s 30’s and lower (ages as well as levels lol)

I doubt you are a “bad player” bud. You just need a different perspective ;)

johnbbeta

I just upgraded my PC and was wondering if it was somehow my fault - but had 2 situations this week, on scav runs - other scavs opened fire on me, but I unloaded 2 whole 30 round mags on one today and i still died. and same with shotguns yesterday. my shots were mostly on target adn the guy should have died - wasnt particularly geared. hope im not cursed with epic dsinc now 😞