Sign in to follow this  
AscendedSpartan

A possibility of PVE and PVP in the game?

AscendedSpartan

My primary question is that we already have the ability to have "Offline" or PVE runs through the game already; mainly as part of the testing capabilities that the developers are running and allowing players to find locations with good loot drops, usual Scav spawns, and other useful bits of knowledge before being used in the actual multiplayer. However this brings up a very valid concern of mine overall. The game is slated to be a large open world area where travel between each zone can be done (correct me if I am wrong) because they are linked rather than entering single raids like in the current timeline. The game is intensely fun this way don't get me wrong, as sneaking by high gear players and running into already looted areas having to avoid the Scavs as a hatchling is a terrifying experience, however recently there have been thoughts I have been wanting to ask both the community and the developers regarding possibilities to be done.

A PVE Mode Independent of the Multiplayer Experience

As strange as this sounds, the idea of having a single player or coop PVE mode alongside the main game is not completely out of the question already, as the AI Scavs wandering the maps can be tweaked in number and equipment to allow players a greater challenge without deadening the experience of Tarkov completely. The whole idea stems from a personal friend, who recently suffers from bad anxiety attacks, having played the game in the past with me no issue. They brought up good points that could bring the game back into their personal prospect to play again.

1. Allow Players to have separated characters. A USEC or BEAR operator designated as a PVE character, using PVE servers, and allowing the game to be played in a more cinematic and story-driven format. The multiplayer experience would be an option however this would allow a dual-experience to the gameplay as well as reach a wider audience for the game. Though I am aware that Battlestate in the past has stated this could not be a thing, I am remiss to state that appealing to players with a PVE possibility also can widen your audience further than just remaining in a more competitive and multiplayer focused experience. For example, the friend I mentioned despite his anxiety could possibly return to the PVE and make that his main character, however possessing a multiplayer character for when he feels truly ready to enter the fray against other players. The two dual-experience game modes would be a good comparison to the likes of campaigns from games like Halo and Call of Duty, where they possessed multiplayer functionality still also giving players the option to go online. Granted I understand its different given the scale of Tarkov however the idea sounds reasonable though would require a bit of tweaking.
  2. Separate the player inventories and stashes between characters. This server-side operation would allow players to play the PVE and collect gear and equipment for that specific character however unable to transfer to their other accounts that can access the multiplayer due to this server tagging. Tarkov would have something similar if the possibility of multiple characters is already present in the game's design for the future (again please correct me if I am wrong). Similar to how the game doesn't save the inventory of players that go into a PVE mode currently and cancels the items from entering the stash it would make sense for players to have this limitation between characters attached to different servers with different tags. While I am no wizard when it comes to understanding what different servers would be like there are plenty of examples of this online already ranging from games like World of Tanks and Warships created by Wargaming (Their US, EU, and SEA servers) to Star Wars the Old Republic (Their game servers all separated forcing players to create new "legacies" and characters unable to be accessed by other characters). Granted I understand these may be more regional server examples that are separated by location however the idea still is present and can be possibly integrated with the right skill set executing it.
  3. Increase the skill, equipment, health, or weapons used by the AI in PVE to create harder enemies, more numerous enemies, or attempt to equate the overall player advantage or squad advantage using these elements. This could be anything from them using slugs instead of buckshot, to more instances of VEPRs rather than handguns or shotguns, giving the players a harder time while still factoring in the cobbled together look and operation of the Scavs overall. Maybe the Scavs are actually harder to find and loot is more scarce as a counterpoint, making it harder to find food, drink, and weapons or ammunition to defend yourself and keep yourself alive.
  4. Cause skill retention in PVE settings to degrade faster than in a multiplayer character. With the multiplayer element of skill and mastery degradation already present, a simple tweak to incorporate a separate PVE setting for characters would be something possible. PVE characters would require more constant time and attention to maintain, say losing skills or mastery 1.2 times faster than a multiplayer character (just an example, not meant to be a calculation I have made, because I haven't) which would have PVE players playing more often as regards to multiplayer which can take 1-2 days away and not lose much progress where a few days away from Tarkov in a PVE setting would more negatively impact you. This would also add to the difficulty of the PVE mode and hopefully make it more balanced.

PVE Enemy Operators

This was an idea me and my friend tossed around. The PVE experience having AI Scavs would be interesting however what about the rival faction as well. Operators that had better overall AI and equipment that would be more evasive, yet more damaging with their advanced gear and weapons, similar to boss Scavs in the game already or other player based operators in mid to high level equipment. This would cause PVE players and squads to have to adapt to this sudden assault by two or three different AI Operators while still having the noise and commotion draw nearby Scavs. This is where players could get their hands on higher level equipment however risk being far higher due to the more potent AI integrated into the Operators.

AI versus Squads Co-op

The AI would face operators differently based on their numbers. This is already somewhat seen in the game already when a squad of four or five Scavs engages a single player. Due to their numbers Scavs often either overwhelm or are quick to fall due to their tendency to not take cover upon being shot at by a single operator. In squads this is even faster either by careful planning or sheer firepower. However I have noticed that Scavs that spot and get the first shots on squads tend to disperse and fire from different directions. If this could be implemented further and even done so in greater effect for AI Operators it could be a good balancing factor.

Those are just my thoughts however. Granted I myself don't mind both the pulse-pounding action of the multiplayer or the idea of a PVE mode since I myself love to play more story driven games. However these are just my ideas. If they make sense and people like them cool, maybe the developers at Battlestate will eventually somehow implement or incorporate ideas too, however these are just things I think could be done to bring a bigger audience to Escape From Tarkov; a game I so dearly love.

• Like 2

Tr4wnet

If I had a penny ever time this was posted here...

Im going to keep it simple.

EFT is an online PvP game.

Are we going to have a coop mode against bots in the future as a fun thing to do with friends? Maybe. (Nikita said No then he said Maybe.)

Will it have its own progression different from PvP? No. 

If theres one thing they were always one sided on was the fact that it wont have such thing.

While I think coop would be fun, at its core EFT is and always will be PVP (+PVE scavs). 

• Thanks 2

salidin

Just play night time raids it's essentially the same. No one but hatchlings play it.

AdhesiveTeflon
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, salidin said:

Just play night time raids it's essentially the same. No one but hatchlings play it.

Shoreline at night time has been getting pretty gnarly.  Not as much as daytime but definitely more action than last wipe.  It's so fun now watching all the non-suppressed flashes and tracers flying around.

Edited by AdhesiveTeflon

salidin
Just now, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Shoreline at night time has been getting pretty gnarly.  Not as much as daytime but definitely more action than last wipe.

Because the new kill quests for shoreline and interchange support that and imo completely horrendous. But yeah interchange despite having a night kill quest feels like a scav fest but folks be getting that kiba key

Laffinstock
On 4/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, Tr4wnet said:

Well, that does kind of indicate that there is a massive interest in a PVE mode...

While I do agree and understand that Tarkov is a PVE / PVE game, the OP does have some valid points.  There are tons of people out there whom simply fear PVP, especially in a game where there is so much risk when dying.  Having a separate PVE character could spark new interest in the game by people who do not want the huge risk / punishment of death.  More people buying into the game so that they can play the PVE mode simply means more money for the devs to keep making tarkov great.

Whats the harm in this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tr4wnet
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Laffinstock said:

Well, that does kind of indicate that there is a massive interest in a PVE mode...

While I do agree and understand that Tarkov is a PVE / PVE game, the OP does have some valid points.  There are tons of people out there whom simply fear PVP, especially in a game where there is so much risk when dying.  Having a separate PVE character could spark new interest in the game by people who do not want the huge risk / punishment of death.  More people buying into the game so that they can play the PVE mode simply means more money for the devs to keep making tarkov great.

Whats the harm in this?

Dont think theyre going to do it because of sales. They going to do it of they think it would make sense in the game.

But as I said, Nikita said yes then said no once. Noone knows.

Edited by Tr4wnet

AscendedSpartan
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2019 at 10:20 AM, Tr4wnet said:

Are we going to have a coop mode against bots in the future as a fun thing to do with friends? Maybe. (Nikita said No then he said Maybe.)

If theres one thing they were always one sided on was the fact that it wont have such thing.

While I think coop would be fun, at its core EFT is and always will be PVP (+PVE scavs). 

No arguing there. I actually love the game for the fact that it is a PVP title with PvPvE elements. I just wanted to bring up a bit of conversation given the recent history with the buddy of mine. The idea of the PVE already given form with the offline mode and the inconsistency of Nikita's responses was just to help spark further conversation.

I rather enjoy Tarkov for what it is but the realm of possibility for the PVE was simply something that struck my mind as a good indication of what it can do to appeal to both a wider audience and change a few people who were players but have fallen out of the game due to being on the poor luck side of things for too long. I actually know about five or six people who openly say they would love to have Tarkov back in their lineup of games but cannot get past the fact that people who can devote hours to the game, primary example being streamers like Kotton, Veritas, Klean, etc., they cannot always get the best of them even in a seemingly good situation.

And I get it, some people will just comment that they need to get better at the game and learn the nuances of the title, some even just being rather toxic about it. Though that conversation is for another time it was just to primarily bring up a prospective thought rather than incur the overall ire of those that favor the game as it is.

But yeah, in short this was a whole thing about the idea of possibilities when it comes to a bigger audience, more sales, and greater flexibility of the title, and just a possible more story-driven alternative that people who if similar to my friend can get behind despite his anxiety. Wasn't bashing the game as it is, as I enjoy the title and suspense, though however rage inducing it may be since I myself don't understand all the tricks of the title and just having bad luck.

Edited by AscendedSpartan
  • Like 1

AscendedSpartan
On 4/23/2019 at 10:47 AM, salidin said:

I would love to comment how I have been cleaned out multiple times by Night Ops squads and other players using NVG or just running into them by chance, however this was more of a point to address a thought given a specific situation rather than having a personal point to involve.

• Like 1

system32svk
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, salidin said:

I play night raids all the time, on every map and in full gear...almost every day after work

...primary reason is that I have a better framerate, probably because of the lighting (even my watercooled 1080Ti is struggling during day time raids)...50-60 fps is simply not good enough for daytime raids.

I like the idea of PVE with separate servers and seperate character/stash, but many people want it simply because they don't like losing gear, and if there were no players, then you would always get your gear back with insurance if you died.

For this reason insurance would probably have to be disabled, and the scavs would have to be ''pumped up'' like scav bosses, exactly like mentioned before...

But overall I'm sure many people would like PVE only, because Tarkov can be really stressful, and annoying sometimes...and everyone gets plenty of stress in real life...

...games are meant to be a form of entertainment right?

for me it's absolutely hilarious when scavs start spawning like crazy on interchange, it's so much fun...doesn't happen every raid though (screenshot SA-58, M80 ammo)

2019-07-12[14-22] (0).png

Edited by system32svk

AscendedSpartan
On 7/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, system32svk said:

I play night raids all the time, on every map and in full gear...almost every day after work

...primary reason is that I have a better framerate, probably because of the lighting (even my watercooled 1080Ti is struggling during day time raids)...50-60 fps is simply not good enough for daytime raids.

I like the idea of PVE with separate servers and seperate character/stash, but many people want it simply because they don't like losing gear, and if there were no players, then you would always get your gear back with insurance if you died.

For this reason insurance would probably have to be disabled, and the scavs would have to be ''pumped up'' like scav bosses, exactly like mentioned before...

But overall I'm sure many people would like PVE only, because Tarkov can be really stressful, and annoying sometimes...and everyone gets plenty of stress in real life...

...games are meant to be a form of entertainment right?

for me it's absolutely hilarious when scavs start spawning like crazy on interchange, it's so much fun...doesn't happen every raid though (screenshot SA-58, M80 ammo)

2019-07-12[14-22] (0).png

Agreed! I understand that the principle between the PVP and the PVE would cause players to shift in order to avoid gear loss which is one of the core functionalities of the title however you also have most of the community right now aimed at the PVP side of things. As much as I would love to say that the game would balance itself out given the huge desire for competitive play in instances like streaming and such I do understand that the appearance of a PVE split would cause a rift that made many players switch sides and try to avoid having their gear lost.

I won't lie as well. I hate it when I lose gear in the game. Granted because I am not that great at it and I get upset about losing something that would help me make more currency as is. I am as I mentioned before a person who enjoys the game for what it is but also admit I would love to see what it can change into as well. But I also know that even low level loss of gear and players in the servers fuel the in-game economy and such so I won't argue about the shift that a PVE would cause.

I have yet to encounter massive swarms like this due to me playing Tarkov irregularly and only for maybe one or two raids per run; thus my skill in the game being that of a potato (which I am fine with; still have fun). My 1080 doesn't so much have frame issues as it does god-ray issues. The game is extremely good looking and I play Tarkov with it hopped up in graphics quality for ambiance (also why I get killed so much) but I just love how good the game looks. Even then though I have pulled out of games with 8-10 Scav Kills and maybe 1-2 players on my best days.

But this is why I wanted to open up a discussion for the PVE side of things. People think of things that I don't normally address and it sparks further conversation on the topic. I may end up changing my mind entirely because of it however I do want to hear what people think other than me so my position isn't nearly as biased due to my personal circumstances and experiences.

• Like 1

pearomaniac
On 4/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Tr4wnet said:

What he said!

ShiroTenshi

Hello!

Please use the search function before creating a new thread.

As has been stated many times before, the DEvs have no plans, and no not want, to add a separate PVE mode or anything of the sort. The closest you might get (because this is not 100% certain yet) is the ability for large clans to rent instances for training. However these will act much like the current offline mode in which no progress or loot is saved.

EFT is a Mutiplayer exclusively PVPVE game, and the DEVs are adamant about not changing that.

The next title, however, is going to be a single player focused game, so it will have all these elements that some of the community is interested in seeing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1