Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shaktimaan

Scav XP progression idea.

Recommended Posts

Shaktimaan

It's a simple suggestion. Enable scav XP progression.

The scav will be better geared upon leveling up. By better gear I mean he will spawn with a rare item more frequently or will get a notification from his "mates" about a rare item in a specific region of the map. Maybe he will carry more meds and better ammunition than usual.

Maybe the scav will have two possies with him, lots of crazy poo can be done with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tr4wnet
16 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

It's a simple suggestion. Enable scav XP progression.

The scav will be better geared upon leveling up. By better gear I mean he will spawn with a rare item more frequently or will get a notification from his "mates" about a rare item in a specific region of the map. Maybe he will carry more meds and better ammunition than usual.

Maybe the scav will have two possies with him, lots of crazy poo can be done with this.

The reason why theres no xp with scavs (I think) is the fact that you play as a different scav character everytime unlike the PMCs where its basically the same one everytime.

As for the weapons, you used to get much more shitty weapons before the patch. Literally Grachs and pistols, so they buffed them now and you have weapons like the FAL and stuff. 

Which is more than enough imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper

My scav is leveling up just as my PMC is. Look at your skills/stats when you are in a scav game.

And I think scavs get better gear the longer the wipe cycle lasts, but I have no hard data for this. This is just what I think I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

It's a simple suggestion. Enable scav XP progression.

 

1 hour ago, Tr4wnet said:

The reason why theres no xp with scavs (I think)

Actually there is scav XP :P.  But it doesn't make anyting (Well, there are rumors that "the higher lvl you are with you scav, the bigger chances you have for spawning with better weapon) but since it's just "rumor" then i would ignore that fact ;P.

Also as @HappyCamper each time you progress in any skill as playing as scav, it remains, so you also progress with that.

Overall in one of podcasts they said something similar to this "In future there might be quests or daily quests connected with scavs, like thanks to x NPC we will be allowed to visits Lab as scav"

But ye i understand the idea, but on the other hand does it match whole "Scavenger idea"? I mean, at some point i would like to see that "the better scav you are" (Maybe not via simple exp, but more like "the less AI and "non hostile player scavs" you kill, and the more PMC you kill instead") the better stuff u might get as playing as scav, or maybe in future it would allow you to "order" 2 scavs to follow you at same time. Just some small things which would make diffrence "higher chance to start with bigger rig, then with some more ammo, maybe grenade/flash, some meds, so junk items etc"

Because for me, playing as scav should be more focused about killing PMC with other scavs/players scavs. But ye, i also understand that "scavs are there to just sruvive, no rules" :P.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan

Yeah I know that the XP is tracked, but there's no progression for it as far as we know.

With some progression it would sure spice things up. Instead of running to the exit if you happen to have a good loadout or just running around looting and scooting, you might pose a serious threat which people would look out for.

There will be more reasons to play as a scav in general other than loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tr4wnet
3 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

 

Actually there is scav XP :P.  But it doesn't make anyting (Well, there are rumors that "the higher lvl you are with you scav, the bigger chances you have for spawning with better weapon) but since it's just "rumor" then i would ignore that fact ;P.

Also as @HappyCamper each time you progress in any skill as playing as scav, it remains, so you also progress with that.

Overall in one of podcasts they said something similar to this "In future there might be quests or daily quests connected with scavs, like thanks to x NPC we will be allowed to visits Lab as scav"

But ye i understand the idea, but on the other hand does it match whole "Scavenger idea"? I mean, at some point i would like to see that "the better scav you are" (Maybe not via simple exp, but more like "the less AI and "non hostile player scavs" you kill, and the more PMC you kill instead") the better stuff u might get as playing as scav, or maybe in future it would allow you to "order" 2 scavs to follow you at same time. Just some small things which would make diffrence "higher chance to start with bigger rig, then with some more ammo, maybe grenade/flash, some meds, so junk items etc"

Because for me, playing as scav should be more focused about killing PMC with other scavs/players scavs. But ye, i also understand that "scavs are there to just sruvive, no rules" :P.
 

How do you do signatures? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper
19 hours ago, Shaktimaan said:

Yeah I know that the XP is tracked, but there's no progression for it as far as we know.

With some progression it would sure spice things up. Instead of running to the exit if you happen to have a good loadout or just running around looting and scooting, you might pose a serious threat which people would look out for.

There will be more reasons to play as a scav in general other than loot.

I'm not sure what you mean with progression?

I hope you don't want to turn the scav into a risk free variant of a PMC. And why don't you play with your PMC if you want progression? Are you afraid to lose your gear?

If you meant something else would you be so kind as to explain it a bit better. What is progression in your eyes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan

@HappyCamper

Right now there isn't a particular incentive/reason to play as a scav besides the loot.

By progression I mean that the scav scales along with the XP/levels you get by playing as a scav.

I usually used to do a lot of scav runs for money, but this wipe I haven't played as a scav, because there was something missing.

35 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

I hope you don't want to turn the scav into a risk free variant of a PMC. And why don't you play with your PMC if you want progression? Are you afraid to lose your gear?

 

Well, for the PMC, you have to progress as a PMC, there can be a separate scaling for scav as well. Yeah you can buy everything off of the flea market, but then you have to buy things at a premium.

With scav progression enabled, there will be something else for players to aim/play for besides the main quest line. Scav quests perhaps or something cool to keep the player scavs interesting in general.

Maybe on level 20, there is a 1/20 chance that you will get a notification about a potentially rare item spawn in the area. You heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy.

Maybe there's a gangland myth you can investigate.

Maybe as a scav you can brag about how you killed killa and earn titles/street names based on something like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper
4 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

Right now there isn't a particular incentive/reason to play as a scav besides the loot.

By progression I mean that the scav scales along with the XP/levels you get by playing as a scav.

I usually used to do a lot of scav runs for money, but this wipe I haven't played as a scav, because there was something missing.

Well, for the PMC, you have to progress as a PMC, there can be a separate scaling for scav as well. Yeah you can buy everything off of the flea market, but then you have to buy things at a premium.

With scav progression enabled, there will be something else for players to aim/play for besides the main quest line. Scav quests perhaps or something cool to keep the player scavs interesting in general.

Maybe on level 20, there is a 1/20 chance that you will get a notification about a potentially rare item spawn in the area. You heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy.

Maybe there's a gangland myth you can investigate.

Maybe as a scav you can brag about how you killed killa and earn titles/street names based on something like it.

To be fair the scav was created to mitigate the harshness of the game. It enables someone to play and not worry about losing gear. And indeed, like you mentioned, to scavenge goods you can sell. The scav is a copy of the common scavs in game.

And what do you call a rare item spawn? Because I have spawned several times with a morphine, ifak, class 4 armor, ak with pso, salewa, grenades, etc. So rare is better than this, right? It shouldn't be too valuable, or people will start farming their scavs for these rewards.

I do hope they will give the scav more purpose in the future. But to do that you would have to do a complete overhaul of the scav. Because if you want to give the scav (the chance to get) better gear it will just break the game. The game is about risk/reward, if you raise the rewards without raising the risk you are doing it wrong. That is my main reason to object to this idea. Maybe it is a better idea to add a new playable class for this. And just let the scav as it is.

I really like the idea of a rumor to chase on your scav, that fits perfectly fine in the lore. Maybe in the form of a map in your inventory with a note on it. Like a treasurehunt or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan
1 minute ago, HappyCamper said:

And what do you call a rare item spawn? Because I have spawned several times with a morphine, ifak, class 4 armor, ak with pso, salewa, grenades, etc. So rare is better than this, right? It shouldn't be too valuable, or people will start farming their scavs for these rewards.

 

By that I mean static spawns, just ignore my previous comment/suggestion about spawning with a good item, what I mean't by that is that rare static spawns where you have to get them.

Also I'm saying that it should be a rare case, like it should have a 1/20 chance or something for a raid(a notification of a potential rare item). If people want to farm it that way, then it will take a significant amount of time based on the RNG.

People farm these "rare" item spawns as hatchlings anyways. I'd rather prefer if they would be scavlings instead of hatchlings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper
3 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

By that I mean static spawns, just ignore my previous comment/suggestion about spawning with a good item, what I mean't by that is that rare static spawns where you have to get them.

Also I'm saying that it should be a rare case, like it should have a 1/20 chance or something for a raid(a notification of a potential rare item). If people want to farm it that way, then it will take a significant amount of time based on the RNG.

People farm these "rare" item spawns as hatchlings anyways. I'd rather prefer if they would be scavlings instead of hatchlings.

Hehehe I got that, hench my last paragraph agreeing with you ;) But what is a rare item according to you? Can you give an example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper
2 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

@HappyCamper

Anywhere from keys or keycards to jewellery.

Sounds mostly ok to me, as long as it isn't a super rare item it should be fine. It shouldn't be possible to find a colored labs keycard for example. But a labs access keycard would be fine. Gold chain, roller, lion, etc. are all fine as well. Even an M4 with some mods would work.

It shouldn't be an item worth more than.... lets say 150-200k rubles AND/OR any item that only spawns at one specific location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan
21 hours ago, HappyCamper said:

Sounds mostly ok to me, as long as it isn't a super rare item it should be fine. It shouldn't be possible to find a colored labs keycard for example. But a labs access keycard would be fine. Gold chain, roller, lion, etc. are all fine as well. Even an M4 with some mods would work.

It shouldn't be an item worth more than.... lets say 150-200k rubles AND/OR any item that only spawns at one specific location.

It's double RNG, so colored keycards should be fine.

Not to mention you'll first have to grind your scav in order to unlock the said "feature".

I'm assuming that static spawns are linked to the number of players in a said raid, if that's true then it explains why even after 50+ raids I still haven't found the specific shoreline key which I was hunting for. At this point it's easier for me to just grind money and buy my way through the flea market.

Same with fuel conditioners. 3 wipes and still haven't found one on the static spawns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HappyCamper
1 hour ago, Shaktimaan said:

It's double RNG, so colored keycards should be fine.

Not to mention you'll first have to grind your scav in order to unlock the said "feature".

Still don't see why scavs should have an extra chance to get these items. This defeats the purpose of playing your PMC.

When you explain your "problem" it sounds like you want easier access to those type of items because you can't get them. Which means you are trying to solve a personal problem while refusing to look at the big picture, which makes your proposal inherently wrong.

But I can tell you won't change your opinion at all, even after I made steps towards you, trying to find common ground. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan
11 minutes ago, HappyCamper said:

Still don't see why scavs should have an extra chance to get these items. This defeats the purpose of playing your PMC.

When you explain your "problem" it sounds like you want easier access to those type of items because you can't get them. Which means you are trying to solve a personal problem while refusing to look at the big picture, which makes your proposal inherently wrong.

But I can tell you won't change your opinion at all, even after I made steps towards you, trying to find common ground. So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this.

Well, the odds of finding a labs colored keycard are once per wipe, that is after grinding your scav to like level 20 or something. There are still no quests planned for scavs, so it's a lot of in raid time to actually get to the said level. Not to mention that scavs can't access labs for faster exp.

Also they're not having an extra chance, it's simply a notification that "Yo, Vitya said that some drunken old fool saw a flashdrive inside the some gym in this area." So the said lootspawn is still contested by everyone. It's just that players usually search for over 50 said "spots" inside a map, but only this time there will be a rather rare chance of a scav hearing a rumor.

You'll always have a better chance of finding the said keycard as a hatchling and as you already know, there are a lot of hatchlings already doing so, so in terms of economy literally nothing is going to change.

As for "defeating the purpose of PMC" scavs and the flea market already do that. There is literally no reason to play as a PMC at all. You can get everything you want from the flea market anyways. There is no need to level up in order to get better gear anymore. All you need is $$$.

Edited by Shaktimaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Megatron162003

This is already a thing. If you go on as your scav and look at your skills he does have XP. This was something I took in a game I played earlier. My PMC is my main character and he is only a level 8.image.png.57bbc60f5c0c3b7922c146c17de3e9ab.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2