DanExert

Reduce 'Place Task Item' Timer

DanExert

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, though after searching the forums I could not find a suitable topic to bump up!

One major issue I see with the majority of tasks which require the player to place items in certain places, is that it takes way too long to perform quite simple actions. For example, placing 2 balaclavas and 2 pairs of sunglasses on Woods pier causes the player to be exposed for a minimum of 80 seconds to 2 minutes (unsure whether they are 20 or 30-second timers though they are indeed long) - same goes for placing gold chains and lighters in microwaves, under mattresses, in bunkhouses etc.

This is a fast action in real life, especially so if there is danger around you; I'm sure we would all stuff those chains into the gap within 5 seconds flat in our PMCs shoes.

Tasks such as setting up Wi-Fi cameras, however, make more sense to take longer to complete, as you are actively setting up a piece of equipment and need to make sure it's set up correctly as to not anger the task-giver (animations when ;))!

Of course this is not game-breaking, but it would definitely be a happier time in Tarkov if we didn't have to spend precious minutes with no cover whilst performing simple actions.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my suggestion makes sense!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Tr4wnet
10 hours ago, DanExert said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, though after searching the forums I could not find a suitable topic to bump up!

One major issue I see with the majority of tasks which require the player to place items in certain places, is that it takes way too long to perform quite simple actions. For example, placing 2 balaclavas and 2 pairs of sunglasses on Woods pier causes the player to be exposed for a minimum of 80 seconds to 2 minutes (unsure whether they are 20 or 30-second timers though they are indeed long) - same goes for placing gold chains and lighters in microwaves, under mattresses, in bunkhouses etc.

This is a fast action in real life, especially so if there is danger around you; I'm sure we would all stuff those chains into the gap within 5 seconds flat in our PMCs shoes.

Tasks such as setting up Wi-Fi cameras, however, make more sense to take longer to complete, as you are actively setting up a piece of equipment and need to make sure it's set up correctly as to not anger the task-giver (animations when ;))!

Of course this is not game-breaking, but it would definitely be a happier time in Tarkov if we didn't have to spend precious minutes with no cover whilst performing simple actions.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my suggestion makes sense!

steve irwin thumbs up GIF

• Like 1

Majlo

+1

stAKato

Your PMC right now, placing items.

flashsloth.jpg

• Hot 1
  • Cold 1

alec_ernstrom

I noticed this too, specifically with the quest "Delivery from the past" by Prapor (and no doubt others). When you drop the secure case in the shack on the Factory map, it takes you 30 seconds to place the package.

I suppose I could understand if this was intentional for the purpose of "protect and confirm" placement of the object for a short time, though it does seem a little excessive.

Just a thought.

• Like 1