DanExert

Allow 'Find in Raid' from PMC bodies

DanExert

During the famous 'Find In Raid' experience I noticed one frustrating aspect which players who do not rush/farm item spawns may benefit from being revised; 

• If you kill an enemy PMC, and take their possessions, the items are not tagged as 'found in raid' (unless they found it/them in that particular raid)

I believe this is intended to stop players teaming up and dropping items between each other, which is fair enough - cast your minds back to pre-0.6 where PMCs would load in with friendly USECs and kill their friends, rinse-and-repeat, in order to complete tasks.

However! Could this same logic/code not be applied to items found on dead PMCs, as technically you have found them - whether you killed them or not... This would help alleviate 'item runners' who race to item spawns from the very start of the raid (mainly looking at you, morphine) as well as increasing the players' chances of finding required task items such as the Find Tactical Rigs task.

This is a controversial topic right now, so I look forward to your ideas!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

rico5941

i agree with this idea seeing as i had a bunch of these morphines that don't have the little tick.... this makes me sad becuase i know i had to hunt for more once soon.  It makes sense that if you come across a dead pmc it should be marked with the "found in raid" as the statement is true.

ldtorroc

They did this for a reason honestly. It is meant to stop people from trying to Q up with their friends in a dead lobby and transfer items. It wasn't an oversight.

DanExert
On 4/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, ldtorroc said:

They did this for a reason honestly. It is meant to stop people from trying to Q up with their friends in a dead lobby and transfer items. It wasn't an oversight.

I disagree, as we are unable to use our friends as PMC kills (as we used to pre-0.6 or so)

Tr4wnet
9 hours ago, DanExert said:

I disagree, as we are unable to use our friends as PMC kills (as we used to pre-0.6 or so)

That was soo fun tho. Spawned in with 3 friends naded them then repeat.

Good times.

• Hot 1

CStarker

The spawn locations for items should be random so nobody can rush their spawns. 

Any item that is found on a PMC's corpse should count as "found in the raid" because...  well... it was found in a raid. 

To prevent abuse, there should be a punishment for killing teammates. If you kill someone you grouped with, you are fined the total value of every insured item they brought in. The lore justification is a breach of contract with your employer (BEAR or USEC). This should have been implemented day one. Obviously, mercenaries from the same company do not want to kill eachother and doing so deliberately would be considered murder or a war crime. 

DanExert
1 hour ago, CStarker said:

The spawn locations for items should be random so nobody can rush their spawns. 

AFAIK this is planned :) 

1 hour ago, CStarker said:

The lore justification is a breach of contract with your employer (BEAR or USEC). This should have been implemented day one. Obviously, mercenaries from the same company do not want to kill eachother and doing so deliberately would be considered murder or a war crime. 

On the contrary, the PMCs are completely cut off from HQ and whatever happens beyond the blockade (in Tarkov) is fair game. Karma will eventually be introduced though, and it's anyone's guess as to how that'll work but from what we've gathered, some traders might not see you in a positive light (and sell you defective goods as a result! [speculation...])

The region of Tarkov is essentially cut off from the outside world due to the UN/RUAF blockade, so it's every man for himself, though that doesn't mean without consequence

ldtorroc
On 5/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, DanExert said:

and whats the diffrence then? if your buddy brings something in its trying to by pass the system of you finding it.

stAKato

The main difference is :

Would you sacrifice yourself for someone just to let him win something easily instead of playing the game as it's meant? 

I'm barely OK with treason and felony, but sacrifice...

SniperInTheMist
23 hours ago, DanExert said:

AFAIK this is planned :) 

On the contrary, the PMCs are completely cut off from HQ and whatever happens beyond the blockade (in Tarkov) is fair game. Karma will eventually be introduced though, and it's anyone's guess as to how that'll work but from what we've gathered, some traders might not see you in a positive light (and sell you defective goods as a result! [speculation...])

The region of Tarkov is essentially cut off from the outside world due to the UN/RUAF blockade, so it's every man for himself, though that doesn't mean without consequence

The idea of adding reputation depicting on who you kill is a bad idea. The issues come when one player does not want to kill the other because of reputation but the other doesn't care and immediately one taps you. This will be 90% of the interactions in a game where one tapping even the most fully geared players is possible. If its added it is best to keep it just a reputation stat with no real effect on gameplay otherwise it will turn into a mass issue and controversy im sure.

DanExert
20 hours ago, ldtorroc said:

and whats the diffrence then? if your buddy brings something in its trying to by pass the system of you finding it.

What I meant when referring to not being able to kill teammates anymore, in this instance, is that any item brought into the raid by a teammate should not count as found raid, though items brought in by non-teammates should have the check mark  

DanExert
3 hours ago, SniperInTheMist said:

The idea of adding reputation depicting on who you kill is a bad idea. The issues come when one player does not want to kill the other because of reputation but the other doesn't care and immediately one taps you.

Don’t shoot the messenger 😛 as much as I agree with you to an extent, hopefully players will be given a common goal/purpose which will unite us i.e. story mode, where those who help others are rewarded.

Karma during free roam would be a lot more difficult to implement well, as people will be looking for PvP much more I imagine, though there will be Arena to cater for those. Still, I think you’re absolutely right in saying kill on sight will still be the primary attitude for most players