Please add player name next to SCAV name

K4MP3R

Right now when player is killed by a "player SCAV" there is no way to recognize it. Because of that many cheaters use their "scav raids" to cheat with impunity. Simply adding player name next to the scav name would give legit players opportunity to record the video evidence.

Edited by K4MP3R
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 8

3 hours ago, K4MP3R said:

Right now when player is killed by a "player SCAV" there is no way to recognize it. Because of that many cheaters use their "scav raids" to cheat with impunity. Simply adding player name next to the scav name would give legit players opportunity to record the video evidence.

10/10 Good idea.

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, D33DU8 said:

Devs, it shouldn't be that hard to include the name,

Actually during podcasts one of the streamers asked if there is posbility to add some sort of "icon" near nick once you get killed by player scav. I know, it's not nick. 
Nikita wrote it down, thats all.

6 minutes ago, D33DU8 said:

unless you want hackers to have a safe place to be completely undetected. 

Here i don't understand totally. 
How it makes them "undetected"? Playing as scav "somehow" makes you invisible for anti cheat?

I am following "Cheater viero report megathread" and i barely see "fishy and legit" actions from cheater scavs. 
And i am not saying about actions where ppl died cause enemy shoot better, reacted to noise they made etc.

Whats more, i barely can see "legit cheaters" or players where i might think that they were cheating.
Most of them are lags/desyncs/objects which didn't render and ppl don't know that such things happen.

Since Battle Eye was added, i MAYBE had 1 fishy action with other player. And i played quite a lot sicne then.

4 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Here i don't understand totally. 
How it makes them "undetected"? Playing as scav "somehow" makes you invisible for anti cheat?

This is so simple i don't fully grasp that i have to spell it out on behalf of OP xD Playing as a Scav does not make you invisible to anti cheat. What it does however is make you impossible to report. There are cheats out there that Battle Eye can't detect. That is just reality. Im not saying there is a rampant cheating issue in the game. Not having a player name next to the Scav name makes it impossible to submit proof of someone cheating as it is just a randomly generated Scav name not attached to anything of substance.

I don't care to dwell in to the old topic of "there are like almost 0 cheaters and its just Tarkov being Tarkov" part as this is a really really old argument that keeps getting thrown out there by people who have read too many "This and that guy is cheating" posts and are getting feed up with it. Its pointless. Just go to the next topic next time....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sagaraein said:

There are cheats out there that Battle Eye can't detect.

And that shouldn't be fixed by adding ppl nicks to player scavs, that should be fixed by improving anti cheat.

10 minutes ago, Sagaraein said:

Not having a player name next to the Scav name makes it impossible to submit proof of someone cheating as it is just a randomly generated Scav name not attached to anything of substance.

Ofc i agree, kinda, however it would be stupid solution for me.
Instead of adding such thing (nicks) just add button to report player after death.

But yet again, such thing will be pointless without having "death cam" (Talking about death cam AFTER raid), since (as i said above) ppl tend to "report" players who killed them in literally normal situacions. 

I have been called a "cheater" many times, or "camper" when ppl didn't know what i just did.  (SHort example, i spent 20 min on shoreline running from 1 point where scavs spawn, to another cause of quest, so i was moving all the time, then i decide to run towards extract, literally 10 m from extract i heared someone, killed him, he added me and i he insulted me how i can exit camp for whole game)

Thats the problem, thats why ppl keep reporting ppl who are not cheating, who were just better or killed them cause of EFT bug/glitches, objects which are not rendering. Just watch Report Thread and decide how many desyncs, or normal situacions u see there. 

1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Ofc i agree, kinda, however it would be stupid solution for me.
Instead of adding such thing (nicks) just add button to report player after death.

See the issue is we don't have access to such a button yet and as it is i feel like it would do nothing but cause people to do as you say in the next statement. This is why just simply showing the player name would be more useful compared to having a report button. If the player has to record and upload a video as proof it shows that the player really believes that someone is cheating. Anyone can smash a report button out of rage but most wont bother actually capturing and displaying proof.

But yet again, such thing will be pointless without having "death cam" (Talking about death cam AFTER raid), since (as i said above) ppl tend to "report" players who killed them in literally normal situacions. 

Now we get to the true issue. This i agree with. This has been suggested often and is honestly the best way for players to counteract cheating. If players see how they die they can grasp what happened to them and get over with it.

Thats the problem, thats why ppl keep reporting ppl who are not cheating, who were just better or killed them cause of EFT bug/glitches, objects which are not rendering. Just watch Report Thread and decide how many desyncs, or normal situacions u see there. 

People report others since they don't understand how something happened in general sure. The fact that there are above mentioned game related issues and normal situations that people cant believe due to the lack of a after raid kill cam is a large issue. But those who take the time to post a video of what they believe is cheating deserve the benefit of the doubt and adding the player name next to the Scav name would be a good improvement for now. Imagine how frustrating it would be if you yourself happened to record a Scav player cheating and you had no way of proving that due to the lack of a player name?

• Upvote 1

I will say that i love to have nice conversacion tho, with actual arguments, even if we may disagree or have diffrent points of view :D.

30 minutes ago, Sagaraein said:

Anyone can smash a report button out of rage but most wont bother actually capturing and displaying proof.

Thats why only such thing should be combined with Death Cam, otherwise nah. Ppl would still report ppl who are 100% clear, but well, thats how it's works. We can see that by checking "Report thread", that ppl after re-watching situacion still think that they got killed by cheater, if there was something earlier, then in most cases we cant see that, cause clips are 20-30 long where 10-15 s are screens after death.

Sadly, there is no confirmation about Death Cam (if any read it and can get it out of context, then we talk about Death Cam AFTER RAID, otherwise it would be broken). They mentioned that, gave somekind of idea how it could work in EFT, but never confirmed anything.

37 minutes ago, Sagaraein said:

But those who take the time to post a video of what they believe is cheating deserve the benefit of the doubt and adding the player name next to the Scav name would be a good improvement for now

Yeah i totally get it, now after i read your msg i remind myself 1 important thing which i totally forgot to mention earlier :D...
We will get (at least it was confirmed some time ago) in game option to report players, having that in mind, having nick near player scav is not needed thing.

Just i am not a fun of having "temporaily solutions", just waste of time and resources :D. 

41 minutes ago, Sagaraein said:

Imagine how frustrating it would be if you yourself happened to record a Scav player cheating and you had no way of proving that due to the lack of a player name?

Would report it anyway, not sure how scav nicks are generated, might be kinda unique, maybe they are not, we don't know :P. 
But ye, fair point, but as i said, i totally forgot about that option to report playes in game, that it was confirmed some time ago ^^, my bad there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Thats why only such thing should be combined with Death Cam, otherwise nah

Aye, there needs to be a after raid death cam or it will be quite hard to report anything. Death cam's give a clear context of what actually happened while footage of a players death from his perspective gives little information to work with.

24 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

having nick near player scav is not needed thing.

I do like the fact that Scav players blend in with Scav's. The only reason i would like to see the name implemented would be to differentiate the AI from actual players. Lets say that they implement a after raid killcam. It would be really confusing if you can see the Scav AI track you trough a wall due to its godlike power at times. Now a player might look at that killcam and be all "oh i got killed by a dude using ESP" and goes to report it. This is why i feel like it would be better to implement the player names or at least a tag of sorts to show that it was a player Scav. 

30 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

I will say that i love to have nice conversacion tho, with actual arguments, even if we may disagree or have diffrent points of view :D.

And this i fully agree with. Refreshing to not have a endless flood of 2 extremes just bashing each other xD

On a side note, Scav names are kinda randomly generated. Not fully but somewhat if i have understood it correctly. Seen some really funny ones out there. Had one with the last name PNP today.

It should read keep ping abusers, lag switchers, out of NA servers. People should be locked into a certain ping. If your ping is not at least 50 you should be playing on your own countries servers.  Everyone has better internet than the United States. Why would you want to ruin your experience by playing with a 200 ping on a North American server? Is it to exploit lag compensation? Just my personal opinion. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...