Jump to content
KOITSU7

WHEN IN A GROUP - IF YOU DIE ENABLE SPECTATING OF FRIEND!

Recommended Posts

KOITSU7

WHY would you make a person that is in a group with a friend, who happens to die, not be able to spectate his friend who is still in game, instead of forcing him back to the main menu while your friend may take 15 - 30 more minutes to extract!!?? PLEASE FIX. PLEASE. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARDWORK THUS FAR. ITS A GREAT GAME!

  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

Really, you don't see anything wrong with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xLostAndDamnedx
2 минуты назад, Maki_Nishikino сказал:

Really, you don't see anything wrong with this?

Like in real life,the soul of your teammate possibly flying after you and spectating,its irl reality

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni

There are fair spectator modes. As long as the spectator can only see what the player being spectated can see its more or less fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KageOni said:

There are fair spectator modes. As long as the spectator can only see what the player being spectated can see its more or less fine. 

You're an extra pair of eyes, that isn't fair.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jc984
2 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

You're an extra pair of eyes, that isn't fair.

agreed. i just tell my friends to hurry up lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni
6 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

You're an extra pair of eyes, that isn't fair.

Yeah, that was the more or less part. I supposed you could add a client side delay for the viewer.

An observer mode is a feature just about every online group shooter needs and if all the battle royal games can make it work so can this game. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KageOni said:

Yeah, that was the more or less part. I supposed you could add a client side delay for the viewer.

An observer mode is a feature just about every online group shooter needs and if all the battle royal games can make it work so can this game. 

One will be worked out but not in real time and not for spectating, it will be for seeing how you died. Dead means dead in this game, doesn't mean you can see what your friend is doing because you're bored. Plenty of stuff to do while you wait for them to finish.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni
1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

One will be worked out but not in real time and not for spectating, it will be for seeing how you died. 

I think that's going to hurt the games adoption for groups and streamers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, KageOni said:

I think that's going to hurt the games adoption for groups and streamers. 

Why do you think that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni
3 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Why do you think that?

For groups playing together its much like the OP said, its not an enjoyable experience to sit around telling your friends to hurry up their game for you. Its much nicer to be able to observe and enjoy their experience with them. 

Streamers who play together will often comment while observing their teammates which makes for good viewing. If the streamer you are watching dies and there is no observation mode you have to watch him wait for his friends. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, KageOni said:

For groups playing together its much like the OP said, its not an enjoyable experience to sit around telling your friends to hurry up their game for you. Its much nicer to be able to observe and enjoy their experience with them. 

Streamers who play together will often comment while observing their teammates which makes for good viewing. If the streamer you are watching dies and there is no observation mode you have to watch him wait for his friends. 

Ever use the Tarkov Discord where tons of players group up? I've been playing on it for at least six months and not once have I seen such a thing been brought up. Unless the delay is extremely long it isn't fair to have. What's more exciting to you, something that happens live or something that happened 5 minutes ago?

If you ask me watching something that happened 5 minutes ago isn't fun, I would rather do something more productive with my time while waiting for them to finish like the notorious mini game of Stash Tetris or getting gear ready for the next raid. My point here is it's not really needed in my opinion and resources can be better allocated.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KageOni
7 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Ever use the Tarkov Discord where tons of players group up? I've been playing on it for at least six months and not once have I seen such a thing been brought up. Unless the delay is extremely long it isn't fair to have. What's more exciting to you, something that happens live or something that happened 5 minutes ago?

If you ask me watching something that happened 5 minutes ago isn't fun, I would rather do something more productive with my time while waiting for them to finish like the notorious mini game of Stash Tetris or getting gear ready for the next raid. My point here is it's not really needed in my opinion and resources can be better allocated.

I think you are speaking from the point of view of a hardcore fan who plays with other hardcore fans who can overlook this.

For a game to succeed its needs a healthy player base and I think the trade off extra eyes on a screen is worth it to get a feature that most other games have and most players would expect in a team based shooter. 

That said, raids aren't the be all end all of game modes that is going to be in EFT so in the future it might be a moot point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, KageOni said:

I think you are speaking from the point of view of a hardcore fan who plays with other hardcore fans who can overlook this.

For a game to succeed its needs a healthy player base and I think the trade off extra eyes on a screen is worth it to get a feature that most other games have and most players would expect in a team based shooter. 

That said, raids aren't the be all end all of game modes that is going to be in EFT so in the future it might be a moot point. 

EFT is always going to be niche and there is nothing wrong with that and it's actually an extreme positive as BSG doesn't have to cater to the masses. The lack of a spectator cam won't be detrimental to a healthy playerbase.

Let's talking about real things that will impact the ability to have a healthy playerbase such as not having to mag dump into players to kill them or not dying and losing all your gear to random game breaking bugs that you have absolutely no idea how happened, stuff that will actually make or break a playerbase. Comfort features don't make or break a playerbase. 

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RangeRat_Actual

isnt that just like twitch 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CStarker

Brace yourself, OP, this is an insanely bad idea and people are going to rip you for posting this. Don't take it personally. Just pretend you never had this idea and move on. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhostZ69
7 hours ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Comfort features don't make or break a playerbase. 

And this where you are dead wrong.  It is one of the reasons why interface designers get paid so well.  If you look around the forums, some of the most thankful posts are for simple QOL improvements.  It IS the creature comforts that make or break most games.  I have seen people pick up a game and put it down in 10 minutes because the UI is funky, or the controls are too wonky, it is too hard to buy and sell stuff.  It may not matter to you, but trust me it is a huge deal to other people.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

And this where you are dead wrong.  It is one of the reasons why interface designers get paid so well.  If you look around the forums, some of the most thankful posts are for simple QOL improvements.  It IS the creature comforts that make or break most games.  I have seen people pick up a game and put it down in 10 minutes because the UI is funky, or the controls are too wonky, it is too hard to buy and sell stuff.  It may not matter to you, but trust me it is a huge deal to other people.

Dead wrong? I don't think so though I might be displaying a bit of arrogance, my apologies. Please give me a rough percentage out of let's say five threads and their posts that are for or against a spectator cam. That really should not be hard as this forum is almost always BLUFOR vs REDFOR, nobody can ever really meet in the middle about something, possibly could in this case with it being delayed heavily. The issue is figuring out if any spectator cam at all is genuinely a problem or are people just being butthurt (quite possibly myself).

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shaktimaan

@KOITSU7

Well, the both of you can stream the game if you like. When one of you is dead, you can watch the other guy's stream to spectate at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snow_Lynx
On 4/30/2019 at 3:33 AM, KOITSU7 said:

WHY would you make a person that is in a group with a friend, who happens to die, not be able to spectate his friend who is still in game, instead of forcing him back to the main menu while your friend may take 15 - 30 more minutes to extract!!?? PLEASE FIX. PLEASE. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARDWORK THUS FAR. ITS A GREAT GAME!

I think this is a horrible idea, it’s just going to lead to people help call out what may have been enemies they may not have seen on their own. I think it kind of goes against the style of no live map, names, or other GUI see in other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SniperInTheMist
Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:33 AM, KOITSU7 said:

WHY would you make a person that is in a group with a friend, who happens to die, not be able to spectate his friend who is still in game, instead of forcing him back to the main menu while your friend may take 15 - 30 more minutes to extract!!?? PLEASE FIX. PLEASE. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARDWORK THUS FAR. ITS A GREAT GAME!

You would make a person not be able to spectate so they can not tell their teammate exactly where the person is shooting from other than by trying to describe the location. It also allows someone else to help spot players that the actual guy playing may not see, also an extra pair of ears which is sad.

Edited by SniperInTheMist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dapps

This is a massive hell no. More eyes watching etc

Plus, this would also (only slightly) remove some of the sting out of dying. That would naturally diminish the respect you have for your avatars life in a particular raid. We need fear of death. Harsh punishment for death. No action of recourse for death.

Without the fear of death, the incentive to run n gun CoD-style would just be increased... Thus further breaking EFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Polyrhythm423
Posted (edited)

Any time I play with a friend we just use Discord screen share and not only does it help with communication (as we can see through each other’s eyes) but it lets me spectate him or vice versa upon death.

There’s literally no video delay on either end, too. We tested this by counting down the timer on each other’s loading screens and there was no delay at all. So if you really want to spectate your friends, just do that.

 

EDIT: Obviously you’ll need two monitors for this to be fully effective

Edited by Polyrhythm423

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danielrodrigd

Your suggestion is not trash, but is horrible for making the game fair, squad players already have advantage, they don't need more buffs, when i die on customs and my friend still alive after a gunshot, i just go factory with scav or something like that. You can just wait in the flea making money or watch some youtube videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seddrik-9mm

No spectating. Just no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2