Sign in to follow this  
ldtorroc

Teragroup labs and raider scavs

ldtorroc

Ok so after a good few raids last night i laid down and tried to head off to sleep but had a vary interesting idea. The Scav Raiders seem quite intent on Tera group labs, There is something in there they want but what is it? Well then thats when the idea hit me how do they know about it?

• Raider faction.

It is quite clear these raiders are not part of any of the basic scav gangs, I have been thinking about how they would react to the other scavs. The reason i say this is i think it would be a stellar idea if there was a chance that the Raiders could spawn in locations were Teragroup lab information could be found. Places such as Customs Dorms, the power pylon for customs over looking new gas, Shoreline resort, and even the bunkers on woods. I am sure there are more locations i am missing but im sure you guys could fill me in on that. As far as the raiders as far as we know they do not have any connection for deal maker's gang or killa's gang, so it is reasonable to think that if confronted by other scavs or even the cultists when they are added the raiders would engage them like they would player scav's or pmc's

• Why are they spawning at these locations?

so well to put it plainly, they are trying to get in to labs just like we are, so why would they not spawn at these locations looking for key cards, access codes, and other information about teragroup labs. So why wouldn't we see them spawning in these locations?

• Scav on Scav violance

How would they interact with other scavs? It has been said by the devs they do plan to add faction play to the npc's in the game when they get closer to the end of the game and i think the idea of raiders, and scavs having a fire fight and players getting suck in the middle could be an interesting twist. I have played stalker for a long time and i loved that you could be looting in a building and a fight between stalkers and bandits could just erupt around you and you could chose to help ether side. The same could be said about the raider scavs and say Deal maker's scavs im more then sure deal maker would not take too kindly to these raiders coming on to his turf and would give them or at least try to give them a right ass kicking. with could lead to players finding dead raiders or even deal maker scavs, or just scavs in general with were too unlucky to spawn near dorms and wander in.

• Equipment

Since These raiders are not located with in the labs location, i think it would be safe to say that the devs could give them some less modified weapons, and perhaps some lower teir armor, after all these are the scouts looking for information rather then the assault force with is assaulting teragroups lab. Lets say lvl4 at best armor, with some weapons with are modded out much like say deal maker's guards. This would give another way for players to find lab access keys as well by killing these scout raiders.

• Ai behavior.

This is the tricky one the question is how tough should these guys be out side of labs, as they are not the main assault force but more so a recon scout should they be as weak as normal scavs or should they be just above that of deal makers boys? With this question in mind, would we also see them posted up diffrently then normal scavs say we have one at the sand bags on dorms looking over the court yard another two on the ground floor with two on the second floor when they spawn looking between the two dorms. The same question could be asked about Resort, sould we see some of thes Raiders perched up on the roofs with six or seven of their raider buddies looking through the resort trying to find clues about Teragroup labs? I think yes to both questions, they sould be alittle more advanced then normal scavs but nowhere near that of the lab raiders, but also i think it would be intresting to have the chance of them spawning at these locations much like you would deal maker or killa on those same maps.

• Why have them spawn at all?

well the thing is I don't feel that players should be able to buy or trade for the Tera group labs access key from the traders, It dose not feel organic and when players can afford to buy these things again and again and again it dose not matter how many times you go in to labs you are most likely going to be going in to a full lobby any one becouse anyone and their grandmother can buy one. I have found 4 lab keys since i have played since this wipe, and i have only bought 1 from the marketplace. The reason to have them spawn is to seed the world with lab keys allowing players to fight more then just deal maker, or killa to find these key cards. as well as add more danger to some of these maps with can at times feel like a cake walk, But with the restriction of the key cards no longer being able to be bought or traded for from traders This would make finding one of them more meaning full and lower the number of people with are crowding the labs for loot and xp.

• Like 1

RoosterBooster_

I just wanna start this off by saying this is probably one of the most well thought out posts I have seen so props to that! :P Couple of your points (unless I missread them) are explained in game.

The Scav Raiders are formed by ex PMC operators, so they are just like us if we said "Screw the faction" (which we do right now anyways cause there is no Karma for killing your own). Scav raiders shoot at everyone as for as I know, players and ai alike (much like Killa).

I believe every scav in Labs is a Scav Raider due to the higher tier gear and more coordinated attacks (ie. flashbangs, pack mentality, grenades)

I do love the idea of these higher tier "guards" so to speak, around the more lucrative loot spawns. Obviously right now the goal is to get ppl to test Labs as much as possible while still making it somewhat of a treat to be able to go, however just like you, I have found boat loads of these cards (up to 3 in 1 filing cabinet in one raid). I can only assume when it comes closer to full release a place like Labs will be a much more sought after location and take a little more effort to get into. That being said there will always be no-lifers that will have 800 copies of access cards on the market at all times :P

You should definitely take some of this though and post it in the suggestions forum as there are some good ideas here.