DanExert

Scav Dropshots and Physics

DanExert

Due to Scavs having less reaction time implemented this patch (11.7), they now have the ability to fire accurate shots during the animation process.

What this has resulted in is Scavs being able to hit you whilst they are going through the prone, crouch and even slide animations. Additionally, they are able to headshot you from impossible angles, for example Reshala's crew are currently able to hit you in the head whilst prone, from distances less than 2m (no exaggeration) - no human IRL, or even human players in game are able to pull off this impressive feat of body flexibility especially considering they have a weapon, body armour, helmet and backpack. 

Killa will also regularly one tap you whilst sliding into position, an impressive manoeuvre even by John Wick's standards! Considering he has heavy armour and unlimited magazines of Igolnik, this just makes the death feel cheap as opposed to difficult.

What I propose is to code into the AI logic, the inability to fire their weapon during the animation process. Secondly, to reduce AI accuracy whilst moving, especially Sniper Scavs who are able to land accurate shots from 50-100m whilst strafing.

These suggestions are not meant to make the AI easier to deal with, but to make the PvE experience more natural, more believable and less cheap. The Scavs are a meme right now, and in many situations are far better at killing you than other human players :scwhink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

radial
20 hours ago, DanExert said:

Due to Scavs having less reaction time implemented this patch (11.7), they now have the ability to fire accurate shots during the animation process.

What this has resulted in is Scavs being able to hit you whilst they are going through the prone, crouch and even slide animations. Additionally, they are able to headshot you from impossible angles, for example Reshala's crew are currently able to hit you in the head whilst prone, from distances less than 2m (no exaggeration) - no human IRL, or even human players in game are able to pull off this impressive feat of body flexibility especially considering they have a weapon, body armour, helmet and backpack. 

Killa will also regularly one tap you whilst sliding into position, an impressive manoeuvre even by John Wick's standards! Considering he has heavy armour and unlimited magazines of Igolnik, this just makes the death feel cheap as opposed to difficult.

What I propose is to code into the AI logic, the inability to fire their weapon during the animation process. Secondly, to reduce AI accuracy whilst moving, especially Sniper Scavs who are able to land accurate shots from 50-100m whilst strafing.

These suggestions are not meant to make the AI easier to deal with, but to make the PvE experience more natural, more believable and less cheap. The Scavs are a meme right now, and in many situations are far better at killing you than other human players :scwhink:

i agree especially with the killa part. he is really grinding my gears at the moment with him one tapping me either from 100000m meters away or running at me and slide shotting, it was funny the first time but as you say it just feels cheap and not a rewarding death at all. interchange is my favourite map but killa proper does my head in. 

im also pretty sure killa has 4 times the amount of health.

• Like 1

DanExert
1 hour ago, radial said:

i agree especially with the killa part. he is really grinding my gears at the moment with him one tapping me either from 100000m meters away or running at me and slide shotting, it was funny the first time but as you say it just feels cheap and not a rewarding death at all. interchange is my favourite map but killa proper does my head in. 

im also pretty sure killa has 4 times the amount of health.

Absolutely, we do want hard enemies, just don't want to fight Agent Smith 😂

• Upvote 1

SniperInTheMist
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, DanExert said:

I agree whole heartedly, I would even go so far as to state that scav boss in dorms is much harder than at gas station due to the less reaction time. They shoot through windows after milliseconds of exposing just their elbow, with uncanny accuracy that is almost an insta kill on players. This is not hard this is just unrealistic.

IzSumTingWong

Agreed! Both of you  are so correct.

I hate being chased down by killa. Just to find him bum rushing be in techlight or rasmussen whilst i am shooting, he is running at me full pelt like effing ned kelly on coke. Scuff stops & 1 taps me point blank. Gen 4, Fast mt & m4 down the drain. (Insured of course) Just to find i get my kit back. 

Yesterday on interchange...

3 JUICY dead players next to mantis. I'm a scav, sneak up to loot. Looted 2 guys, just about to go for the 3rd. Hear's scav voices.. JOHN WOO CLIP RPK BANG BANG PEW PEW! I'm dead ❤️

Scav's are scavengers right. The scavs killed the players (well killa did) I'm here to loot them, why should he ducking shoot me? Does not make sense.....

SO DEVS OR MODS. Take note..

CAN YOU PLEASE BLOODY FIX THE SCAV BOSSES.

Sincerely someone who finds your scav raiders on labs far easier. 

Just put killa guarding the bloody arsenal room or something hey..... Not the KIBA gunstore that has eff all loot in it :)

meanshein

I have to agree with this too. I literally don't engage killa unless I know I can down him. If not, I just move on. Been 1 tapped by the Raiders so many times whilst they do freaking animation BS. Let alone putting 5 Igonik in their chest with kirasa on and they don't drop. Im sorry but no SCAV should take more then 3 pen hits to the chest to kill with a rifle. That's not realistic at all, unless you make them doped outta their minds on combat stimulants to ignore the 7 broken ribs they have now. I really think armour works differently on SCAVs, it just seems to tank more then players. Like someone said, I'ld rather fight the raiders on Labs then Killa, Raeshala. Tired of getting 180 skull tapped lol

Seddrik-9mm

Agreed ^^^