AODqw97

Older Aged Players Alliance

AODqw97

OAPA_New_Dawn.thumb.jpg.021cafcbc61fa76d30ee707e0b53641c.jpg

A little under two years ago I created the Older Aged Players Alliance, a player group for the older aged gamer to come and enjoy a relaxed group having fun playing Escape from Tarkov with like minded gamers of the more mature age group.
The idea was great as were the people, the admin however was not, and that admin was me. We had at the height of the alliance around 120 members who liked the idea of this dedicated group and it's relaxed atmosphere. The problem was I wanted run it very stringently, with no player being able to pop in and out on a casual basis. I wanted a group of people who were going to participate 100% or have to explain why they were not. This attitude alienated many of the group and the more they voiced their displeasure about it the harder I pushed.

There's no excuse for my attitude or imposing rules and regulations and when everybody left the group I was left with an empty channel and a very bitter pill to swallow.
My lessons have been learned and I hope that many of you reading this who were involved in OAPA back then might just see your way clear to letting me put it right.
I would like to reform the group, offer an open and warm invitation here and now to all past members and new ones alike to come back and be a part of what was the biggest group dedicated to the older aged player, and was indeed the third biggest group on the EFT forums at that time.

I can't say any more people, I've had to change my ways and I hope that the raw nature of this re-introduction will hopefully give you the incentive to come back and make OAPA great again.
For those of you who aren't familiar with OAPA, as I said we are a dedicated group catering for the more mature player and our target audience is 30+. We do have to draw the line on age somewhere I'm afraid as age is the fundamental building block of the group.

OAPA historically had members from all over the globe, from all walks. We had serving and veteran members in the armed forces and security services playing regularly who's input into tactical awareness and weapon knowledge was both highly interesting and invaluable in a game that is heavily realism based. Those people led squads out in both very tactically orientated raids and some runs out just for fun. Everybody in the group gave their knowledge and their gear freely to new members and everybody was made to feel welcome. A great bunch of people who I hope to see the likes of again.

If you would like to be part of the New Dawn of the Older Aged Players Alliance then please post your interest or PM me. We will have a global and democratic admin base within the Discord represented on both sides of the pond and across Europe, no more dictatorship I promise. Thanks for reading this re-introduction to OAPA and if you decide to join us or not, I feel happy that I've bared my soul to you (you know who you are).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

GhostZ69

It was a great group.  I am very happy to see that lessons have been learned.  That is utterly fantastic for you to come and post this.  I for one would like to see the old OAPA rise again.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AODqw97

Appreciate it mate thanks, you have an invite I hope to see you sometime.

Bendalff

Same here: great group and had a blast running raids with it. Your honest and sincere post makes me want to be a part of it again.  Let’s see if we can get the vibe back 🙂

• Like 1

Elvis3000

Is there a Grandpa Alliance Group ? I am 54 …..;-)

• Like 1

Timothyee

The exact same thing here .. OAPA was a great community  with some great people .

I am extremely pleased to see what you have realized and to post in an online forums in this manner makes me believe that i would like to be apart of OAPA again .

we had something that was very unique . lets get this off and running .
/PIN

our oldest member was 64 i believe in the height of the community . so yeah Elvis .
welcome aboard.
PM AODqw97

• Like 1

AODqw97
Posted (edited)

The support means s the world guys, thanks so much. @Elvis3000 you're more than welcome and a prime age (I'm 51) ;)

Edited by AODqw97

Madiakz
Posted (edited)

I wasn't a member before, but I am glad to see this post. Everyone deserves a second chance and it seems well received by your old members, I wish you guys the best of luck. 

As an Emissary I try to connect with as many communities as I can, so if you have space for one more please shoot me a message. 

Edited by Madiakz
  • Like 1

AODqw97
Posted (edited)

Thanks @Madiakz appreciate it. Of course you're more than welcome. Seems we have a technical issue in the Discord right now and I need a little time to sort it. I will send you an invite as soon as.

Edited by AODqw97

Blazerlive

that was an amazing post and very sincere, would love to join the discord and run some raids!

• Like 2

ANTMAN

i have joined the discord channel thx for sending me the invite bud

like old times

• Like 2

AODqw97

I'm stoked mate, seriously.

• Like 1

Cpt_Agaton

Very happy to see OAPA rise again!! Looking forward to a lot of raids togeather with a lot of new and old friends!! :)

• Like 2

Greener

Love you, Jason. You're a good fuckin' dude and I'm sure I don't speak only for myself when I say I miss rocking raids with you and the OAPA lads. I cut my Tarkov teeth with you guys and it's been too long since we stood over our enemies limp bodies. See you soon, mate. Hope to hear Touful squeaking in the background on discord soon. :D

• Like 1

AODqw97

Thanks Kyle, means a lot ;)

• Thanks 1

AODqw97

Appreciate that, invite coming your way.

pearomaniac

Is 30 years of age old enough to join you? :D

AODqw97
Posted (edited)

Indeed it is mate, please see PM.

Edited by AODqw97

pearomaniac

Cheers mate... UK?

AODqw97

Yes the Group is UK based but truly international in membership.

Silentbutcritty

Hey gents im new to the game 31 looking for a group to raid with im Est coast time

AODqw97

PM's up to date for all latest enquiries, please check your inbox.

-Hardass-

Well you took the first step in fixing a broken bridge you have gained my respect again with that open and honest post. OAPA was my first tarkov alliance and when active was a very good way for a new player to learn i was suffering from gear fear so much i would only offline raid until members of OAPA got hold of me. now i am just as capable Solo as i am with a team and 90% of what i learned in game was from OAPA members. 

Silinja

Sign me up

javelin10

So glad to find this post. 48 years old and struggling a little! Where do I sign up?