DanExert

PSA: Cheater Population is Server Related

DanExert

For too long now have we witnessed the argument of “there’s so many cheaters” countered by “I’ve only seen 2 in 173902 raids!” 

Enough. 

The population of cheaters is directly tied to region and server selection. I can say with 100% certainty, after testing this thoroughly since November 2017. Playing on different EU, US and OCE servers over the years (I’m EU) it is absolutely possible to find a well-populated server you can rely on. Unfortunately I cannot post my ‘safe servers’ here without risk of exposing them to the absolute turdlords with dissatisfying lives who cheat in video games. 

SOLUTION: If you are experiencing cheaters in “every raid”, test different servers - as in, specific servers. You can do this via the launcher; most people have EU auto, US auto/West/East perhaps or similar, but you can CHANGE this and select individual servers to test.

Give it a try, find servers you are comfortable on and remember there is no 100% solution here except waiting on BSG to continue to develop anti-cheat measures. We are testers, this is your opportunity to improve the game for yourself and your friends at least on a local level.

Happy testing, and I sincerely hope this works out for all who read this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tr4wnet
On 5/4/2019 at 7:14 PM, DanExert said:

For too long now have we witnessed the argument of “there’s so many cheaters” countered by “I’ve only seen 2 in 173902 raids!” 

Enough. 

The population of cheaters is directly tied to region and server selection. I can say with 100% certainty, after testing this thoroughly since November 2017. Playing on different EU, US and OCE servers over the years (I’m EU) it is absolutely possible to find a well-populated server you can rely on. Unfortunately I cannot post my ‘safe servers’ here without risk of exposing them to the absolute turdlords with dissatisfying lives who cheat in video games. 

SOLUTION: If you are experiencing cheaters in “every raid”, test different servers - as in, specific servers. You can do this via the launcher; most people have EU auto, US auto/West/East perhaps or similar, but you can CHANGE this and select individual servers to test.

Give it a try, find servers you are comfortable on and remember there is no 100% solution here except waiting on BSG to continue to develop anti-cheat measures. We are testers, this is your opportunity to improve the game for yourself and your friends at least on a local level.

Happy testing, and I sincerely hope this works out for all who read this.

Its also the fact that there are kinds of players out there that if get one tapped by a guy who had a better angle, immediatly (i know I typo-d) call cheats.

I dont want to annoy US players but they call cheats waaaaay more often then EU players. I mean thats just a fact. But I get what you mean.

• Sad 2

BaconSniper

I have more luck with auto. There are hackers on every server in the USA I have tried them all. I can go 10 raids with no issues, once I start selecting specified servers 1 taps from kids with stupid names happen way more often. This game is so broken and has been for a very long time, Devs just don't seem to care.

• Sad 1

VoyeVoda24

I'm not sure if its server related or not but I have just been killed by the same cheater 6 times in 3 days. Changing the servers is just avoiding the issue not addressing it. The profile of the hacker is [REMOVED] for anyone who might've encountered the douche. And no this is not me nagging about someone whose just better this kid is running around aimbotting ppl from across the  map clearing servers.  

DanExert
7 hours ago, BaconSniper said:

I have more luck with auto.

That’s interesting, though ‘auto’ is not a server in itself so I’m curious as to which server(s) you’re being put into

2 hours ago, VoyeVoda24 said:

Changing the servers is just avoiding the issue not addressing it.

You seem to have missed the point; as testers we are not developers, we are unable to physically do anything about people who cheat apart from either do our best to avoid them, or not do anything and just come to the forums to open the 183719th ‘cheater’ thread.

The purpose of this post was to give players some breathing room, we need to wait for BSG to continue to crack down on cheats. If 1% of the playerbase see this post, and find some respite in seeing which servers work better for them, I’ve done my job :)

I mean, you wouldn’t get hit by a car then continue to go through life crossing roads without looking both ways, would you?

AdhesiveTeflon
5 hours ago, DanExert said:

I mean, you wouldn’t get hit by a car then continue to go through life crossing roads without looking both ways, would you?

Well, seeing as how the world is going I wouldn't put that past someone lol.

• Hot 1

Airbornemedic75
Posted (edited)

I think you may have a good point.  I rarely, possibly once, comment about cheaters.  I've been playing this game for over a year now, stream regularly, and I can say that there is not a single instance that I would be able to 100% attribute to a cheater.  Yes, I have had a few sketchy deaths, not many mind you, but nothing solid.

Therefore, I would have to agree that server and region could play a significant role in cheater population, especially considering what I see posted on the forums on a daily basis.

And yes, I am in the US and yes, I do single select my server.

Edited by Airbornemedic75

PardTheTroll
Posted (edited)
Am 4.5.2019 um 19:14 schrieb DanExert:

"I can say it with 100% certainty". Alright, you have my attention.

Where is the data? What maps did you play? At what times? For someone presenting "100% fact" without any proof or at least actual "test environment" is not really trustworthy.

So, you found your "safe server". You don't want to share it for (kinda) obvious reasons, which is okey. But what are people supposed to start with this whole thread? Just switch servers randomly for 1,5 years, until they find their "safe server" like you did? How are they supposed to be sure it is "safe"? What if they just got unlucky or outplayed, but because they are salty they automatically take is a being cheated (that is happening a lot)? 

Again, in my opinion this post is a waste of time for the players. Instead you should just have made a thorough report to the developers, with all your "data". This could help them (maybe) to identify cheaters faster/better or w/e, if they actually don't even know that already. Which I highly doubt.

P.S. I think everyone knows, that "certain" region will have more cheaters than others. For now (most likely) all of them are on Labs anyway. 

Edited by PardTheTroll

DanExert
21 minutes ago, Airbornemedic75 said:

Therefore, I would have to agree that server and region could play a significant role in cheater population, especially considering what I see posted on the forums on a daily basis.

Absolutely, this is what inspired me to test it for myself, as I just wasn't seeing the same thing everyone else was.

1 minute ago, PardTheTroll said:

in my opinion this post is a waste of time for the players.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

I select 2 EU servers currently which offer 18-34ms ping, fortunately they are very local. I appreciate your scepticism and it's not unwarranted at all; some guy comes in claiming to have 'solved' the cheater problem, I get you! I hate cheaters as much as the next guy, which is what made me look around the forums so much and devise a way to avoid them as best I can.

Granted, I have no data, no quantifiable proof - you have me there. What I do have is experience and a whole community of Tarkov players from around the world to bounce ideas off of. I guess instead what I wanted to do with this post was inspire people to try something that might give them a way to find servers which have less 'weird stuff' going on i.e. suspicious deaths. 

As for players who die once and automatically think they've met a cheater, well, I don't think anyone can help them. They'll probably go through the whole test-phase thinking everyone's a cheater, and there's nothing anyone can do about that as it's a personal problem (@tobiassolemprobably has a thread about this somewhere haha)

At the end of the day, try it. If you think you keep running into cheaters, try a specific server for a couple days. If it feels OK then great, job done. If not, try another one; there are only a limited number in each region so a few weeks worth of testing isn't too bad if it helps us better enjoy the game in the long run