Sign in to follow this  
Seddrik-9mm

Death By Thorax

Seddrik-9mm

Had trolls respond to the last time I posted, then a mod closed it saying it was not useful?

Maybe you folks should think about what I said, rather than assuming bad motives and not asking for clarifications?

Trolls can take a hike.  It is not about the loot/dying with loot.

I am informing the devs that scavs have a tendency to focus certain body parts unerringly, repeatedly.

The consistency with which they shoot that one body part is unrealistic.

Megatron162003

This is actually realistic. People who are trained with guns are taught to aim for the largest part of the body ie the thorax because both it gives a larger target and their is plenty of vital organs to hit.

Cyver

Hello!

Of course, we are constantly adjusting and improving the AI of the Scavs. Aiming for the so-called center of mass, as @Megatron162003already said is a pretty common "tactic" within military, law enforcement and of course also maybe the first thing you would shoot at automatically when you are an untrained shooter.

But, as I said, the Scavs and their behavior will be adjusted over time and so hopefully they will satisfy you in the end, too 🙂

Regards,

Cyver

Seddrik-9mm

My point is not that people & ai aim there. I am very familiar with firearms & training in that area. It is the terminator accuracy of scavs who can do this time and again instantly that I am talking about. Not everyone is that good. In fact, many are not that good. Especially with a moving target or one that is shooting back at you.

It goes in phases. Some days, scavs are all feeble & blind. Most time sthey are normal, variety-ish. Decent but not all elite shooters. Then some times... it is like every scav you meet goes all Borne Supremacy on you.

Case in point: my last two customs runs, at night, just now.  Twice I spawned in near Trailer Park.  I  walked about 7 seconds from where I spawned.  Both times, in that amount of time I hear steps BEHIND me, I turn, a scav rounds the corner and insta-shoots me.  The first time I got off a shot to his chest for nearly 300 damage (shotgun), he had no armor. Yet I go down to his amazing pistol shot. The second time, being more wary, I got off multiple shots and took him down... but am blacked out. 

Combination of things there, like scavs spawning very close (even saw it happen right in front of me a few days ago), but mainly those unreal instant & deadeye shots. Like every scav is a top end, trained elite.

Not even talking about boss scavs here. Which I actually like how tough they are.

I know the scavs are being adjusted. Just putting my 2 cents in. Over all, the scav movements and reactions have been greatly improved since I started playing way back.

Some charge you. Most take cover. Some run away. And when they know you are there, they are very patient, which is very realistic and (depending on your location) means u need to carry a flash or nade to deal with them.

Edited by Seddrik-9mm

tbramblett

I completely agree the AI seem to have no vision issues, multiple times I will be on a night raid to die from a toz across the way through trees and bushes while they track with no type of vision delay it seems.

Himmuguegeli

@Seddrik-9mm Nikita mentioned (in his last stream) that bots focus too much on the legs. He also mentioned that this issue is going to be fixed with the next hotfix.

@tbramblett I agree to that and I can confirm this. I often play in night raids, during pitch black rainy nights. I do use night visions and with those I am sometimes barely able to spot a Scav that can perfectly see me from over 100 meters without using any device such as night visions. Especially the “Sniper roof Scav´s” are different kind that can spot you from 200 meters away during a night, sometimes shooting you while rain and fog make it impossible to properly spot them.

But all of that is an up and down during development. They are testing a lot of stuff and to see the result, especially of something complex such as AI, they got to release it first and see how it works out.

Edited by Himmuguegeli

Seddrik-9mm

Well, IMO, it is not that they never vary. It is that they choose one body part and... never miss once locked on, even if u run,  dodge, relocate or even in some cases are half hidden by something.

I've had scavs "spot" my foot under a car and shoot repeatedly... even as they miss.

I just now had a scav pull a Matrix move.  Customs, Cross roads side spawn. I went into the storage shed lanes, shot a scav and another came running to my location from a side lane. I heard him and was already right at the corner... well, he ran face into me so that BOTH our guns went up into the air...  But what does Mr Matrix do?  Instantly squats under my shot so that he can raise his gun and insta face shot me.  I have seen this squat move before... but it happens so fast it is pretty absurd and unrealistic. 

As for scavs seeing perfectly, even at night... yeah. It can be nutz.  See through walls.... around corners...   etc.

Overall, scav behaviors and pathing have GREATLY improved since I bought the game. But some things.... still make it clear these are bots.

Edited by Seddrik-9mm

Saksida
On 5/11/2019 at 3:30 AM, Seddrik-9mm said:

Had trolls respond to the last time I posted, then a mod closed it saying it was not useful?

Maybe you folks should think about what I said, rather than assuming bad motives and not asking for clarifications?

Trolls can take a hike.  It is not about the loot/dying with loot.

I am informing the devs that scavs have a tendency to focus certain body parts unerringly, repeatedly.

The consistency with which they shoot that one body part is unrealistic.

Legs and thorax, every ducking time

Seddrik-9mm

Had another face to face moment at a corner with a scav.

I just happened to be using melee this time... made no difference.

His gun goes up, I swing, he squats (my swing goes over him) and he shoots a long barreled shot gun at the TOP of my head... while squatted 2 inches from me.

All this happened in half a second.

I would find this funny. Once. But after so many similar cases it loses its humor.