Died(?) from not being able to heal (+extra question)

I'm new to Tarkov and died on a PMC raid recently because I wasn't able to heal myself. It first started with me not being able to reload my gun after I killed another player, so I restarted the game. Mind you, I was able to heal after I killed the player but once I got back in I was able to reload but not able to heal or use painkillers. The animation would go on for longer than it should and once it ended I didn't get healed. I could still take damage because whenever I jumped my right leg would get more red so I thought this wasn't a ping issue. I went to the Dorms V Exit that was on the list of available extracts and the car wasn't there. I don't know if it's because I'm a new player but I thought that was odd and worth mentioning. Anyways, I died due to not being able to make it to any other extracts I could've gone to. I'm just really confused and want to know what happened if anybody could explain this issue. Thanks.

EDIT: I went missing in action, but I guess it's the same as dying.

Edited by Yeij